Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

escaline, first time at 50 mg

planckunit

Bluelighter
50 mg
This report will be quite short because of the following reasons.
I don't usually write reports and the experience was somewhat mild, so I don't really have too much interesting stuff to tell.
I also didn't bother to take detailed notes. Hours are approximate as I didn't check the time constantly
Setting: at a friends house with some other people, 2 first-timers using 20 mg 2C-I, 1 person using 300 mg mescaline, another person using 56 mg escaline and finally, me, using 50 mg escaline.
0:00 50 mg of escaline is taken, 3 hours after having a light breakfast.
0:30 it feels as if it is really cold, which is a usual physical come up sign for me.
1:00 some awareness of mild psychedelic effect, but nothing interesting yet. In the next two hours people chat a bit, and some music is turned on. There is certainly some musical enhancement/intensification but nothing spectacular. This is probably because I am distracted by the conversation.
3:00 I listen to some music somewhere else, where I am not distracted by the conversation, at this moment I can focus more on the exact effects of the compound. At that time I realise that the effect is a bit less strong than I would have expected. Have I started to peak? In each case, I notice that there are some mental effects, and also some strange visual effects. For example, I looked at a chair and I thought I saw something shaped like a cat, but then realised it was probably a pillow as there was already another cat close. A few minutes later it actually turned out to be another cat.
3:30 a group of people decide to take a short walk in a nearby forest and I come along. I notice that grass is intensely coloured and I also see a bit of patterning/unusual geometric effects. The actual forest was very nice to walk through, both in that it looked very nice and the act of walking through it was fun(it was autumn so lots of leaves on the ground). In the background there is clearly the sound of a nearby highway, which is unusually enjoyable to listen to.
4:30 I eat a few slices of pizza, which are really delicious, probably also because I was quite hungry. In the background music by phillip glass is played, and everyone agrees that this repetetive music is surprisingly amusing and not tiresome at all.
6:00 I start to wonder that the effect is already strongly decreasing? I am somewhat dissapointed with that but I decide to listen to some more music. When listening to the music, I notice that the effects have not decreased at all. The music that was on sounded very deep, detailed and intense. It was an album I already really like when sober ('marijn' by machinefabriek), but I felt that I could notice beautiful details that I had never heard before.
7:00 Afterwards, some of the other people did not feel like fully listening to the music, so started actively conversing, so I went to a more quiet place and listened to some more music in the dark. I listened for a few more hours and it was very enjoyable.
10:00 the effect has decreased over the last 2 hours and I am now close to baseline.
15:00 I try to sleep, but it is difficult. After an hour or so, I succeed.

comparison to mescaline: in a few ways, it was very similar to mescaline. The come-up duration was very long, and as with mescaline, the experience is very enjoyable after the first few hours of peak effects. I also didn't notice any nausea, but the one time I tried mescaline, I consumed it spread over 30 minutes, which usually works against nausea in my experience. The duration was perhaps 2 hours shorter than a typical mescaline experience. I would compare this dose to what I would think 180 mg of mescaline would feel like.

Conclusion: I though it was a worthwhile compound. The first few hours were somewhat dissapointing, because I had anticipated intensity comparable to mescaline, but the long plateau of the experience was very nice and calm. When I try it again, I will do it at a larger dose (say, 65 mg) and see how that affects the intensity.

methodcode_escaline
methodcode_obscure
explevel_firsttime

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report. I had never heard of escaline before somehow. You learn something new everyday.

im trying 65mg today, ill post a report. about to get to weighing it out in a few...still gotta wake up.

yeah i like escaline at 60-90mg usually. The peak seriously won't hit until 6 hours lol, it's a messed up drug. First alerts happen around 1.5 hours on empty stomach, peak at 5-6 and not down till well after 12 hours. It's a bitch to sleep off without z-drugs/benzos/seroquel or hydroxyzine. I find the peak to pretty much last or plateau from 6-10 hours then starts to come down. So it's cool in that regard.

How were the visuals though? really intense flowing/waving? patterns coming alive and rotating? i don't find it very visual anymore, more of a deep mind trip, but the first time i tried it at 70mg it was extremely visual as if objects were flowing out in 3 dimensions, almost acid like but with no fractals. Now whenever i take it, i don't get much visual activity. Colors are vibrant and stuff and things look sort of unusual but that's all i get from it now.

anyway hope you had fun. I love escaline, though it has a bit of a body load and stims me pretty hard. Not near as bad as proscaline though, that's like taking 60mg of d-amp with no tolerance while tripping at the same time.

I'd definitely up the dose to about 80mg. I wouldn't venture far over 100mg, as the side effects start to outweigh the positive effects. I personally like to mix proscaline and escaline, definitely increases visual activity and the body load is less if you take 40mg proscaline and 40 escaline, in compairson to 80mg of each at once. Though it does become stimulating as hell.

still waiting for someone to try this stuff nasally, as the long duration sucks and a bump in intensity wouldn't hurt, just don't want to burn my nose badly and/or waste it.

Last edited:
yeah i like escaline at 60-90mg usually. The peak seriously won't hit until 6 hours lol, it's a messed up drug. First alerts happen around 1.5 hours on empty stomach, peak at 5-6 and not down till well after 12 hours. It's a bitch to sleep off without z-drugs/benzos/seroquel or hydroxyzine. I find the peak to pretty much last or plateau from 6-10 hours then starts to come down. So it's cool in that regard.

How were the visuals though? really intense flowing/waving? patterns coming alive and rotating? i don't find it very visual anymore, more of a deep mind trip, but the first time i tried it at 70mg it was extremely visual as if objects were flowing out in 3 dimensions, almost acid like but with no fractals. Now whenever i take it, i don't get much visual activity. Colors are vibrant and stuff and things look sort of unusual but that's all i get from it now.

anyway hope you had fun. I love escaline, though it has a bit of a body load and stims me pretty hard. Not near as bad as proscaline though, that's like taking 60mg of d-amp with no tolerance while tripping at the same time.

I'd definitely up the dose to about 80mg. I wouldn't venture far over 100mg, as the side effects start to outweigh the positive effects. I personally like to mix proscaline and escaline, definitely increases visual activity and the body load is less if you take 40mg proscaline and 40 escaline, in compairson to 80mg of each at once. Though it does become stimulating as hell.

still waiting for someone to try this stuff nasally, as the long duration sucks and a bump in intensity wouldn't hurt, just don't want to burn my nose badly and/or waste it.

Im looking to try this tonight, not sure at what dose yet. but id like to say please dont snort or get anyone to snort it because it doesnt work! well it didnt for me anyway, i snorted around 200mg by accident as i thought it was a different baggie and just got a horrible burn and no effects (i mean lucky in one sense cos fuck trippin on 200mg!)