• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom + Oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentience

Bluelighter
I am prescribed Oxycodone for pain, but in insufficient quantities to control my pain. I have heard that Kratom is a decent alternative for pain relief, comparable but shorter lasting to poppy tea.
Is is dangerous to mix the two? If I still have oxycodone in my system, will this be a pleasant interaction or a negative/dangerous one?
I plan on starting with a small dose, like 2 grams of higher grade powder or maybe a tea. What I dont want is over sedation or agitation.

I also use ativan. I might use some if the combo produces anxiety, which it might not. Any suggestions?

it should mix ok.

both are said to be semi stimulating. i would assume it would be like mixing oxy and codiene or whatever

i have never tried kratom though so i would sait till someone else chimes in before you go ahead wth the mixture, although my gut intsinct says there shouldnt be anything wrong with this combo

Kratom with opiates should not be a problem. Start out with 2 or 3g prepared in a tea(smoking Kratom is a chore). Be sure to look up cook times, it has been a while since I made kratom tea but it does work. It also depends on the potency of your stuff.
But starting out with 2-3g should do the trick, its not a high dose even if the Kratom is of super high potency, if it is lower grade, you might need to bump up the dose to about 5g.

By the way, I hope you're not in too much pain. You might want to talk to your doctor and see if he can give you a higher dose of Oxy also because Kratom doesnt exactly 'take the pain away' so to speak. It makes you feel relaxed, almost as if you were in a dream but you are still alert. I don't think you will have to worry about over sedation either.

Hope I could help.

-D-

I would avoid it personally. In my experience dosing kratom after an opiate leads to agitation and anxiety. I view kratom as more of an entheogenic substance with some rec potential. Kind of like cannabis. But this plant definitely does not seem to synergize well with anything that I have tried, best enjoyed on its own.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately I really am in a lot of pain. Im on about 45mg of Oxycodone a day plus 30mg MS Contin. It doesnt really take all my pain away either.

Im thinking maybe I will hold off on the Kratom until my health issues resolve.

I have not experienced any alarming physical side effects, it was just upsetting mentally. However it may treat you fine. I don't see a problem with trying a small amount and seeing how it treats you for pain management.

Everyone who tried mixing them has said dont do it. Anyone have a good experience mixing opiates and Kratom?

^ precipitated withdrawal shouldn't be a problem at all; morphine has a much high binding affinity than that of the major metabolite of kratom.

correct me if i'm wrong though.

morphine has a much high binding affinity than that of the major metabolite of kratom.

I would expect such - but how would oxycodone compare to the morphine in MS Contin in terms of binding affinity, and would that be affected at all by adding kratom to the mix? Whilst I've not used kratom, I have been prescribed oxy IR and MS contin amongst other combinations. I found that mixing the two seemed to negate the pain-relieving qualities of each other rather unexpectedly such that I would certainly prefer more (just) oxycodone or more (just) morphine, but not a mix of two or more. The same particularly applies with tapentadol and oxycodone/morphine/hydrocodone. If there is any science to such anecdote, perhaps the suggestion to favour more oxycodone is a good one. But that would make you a drug-seeking oxy-fiend, wouldn't it? 8)

Best of luck with managing your pain. It can be a real pain in the arse - literally in my instance. It's a genuine shame that doctors so often under-treat patients such that they would need to seek 'alternative' medicating substances including kratom.

I would expect such - but how would oxycodone compare to the morphine in MS Contin in terms of binding affinity, and would that be affected at all by adding kratom to the mix? Whilst I've not used kratom, I have been prescribed oxy IR and MS contin amongst other combinations. I found that mixing the two seemed to negate the pain-relieving qualities of each other rather unexpectedly such that I would certainly prefer more (just) oxycodone or more (just) morphine, but not a mix of two or more. The same particularly applies with tapentadol and oxycodone/morphine/hydrocodone. If there is any science to such anecdote, perhaps the suggestion to favour more oxycodone is a good one. But that would make you a drug-seeking oxy-fiend, wouldn't it? 8)

Best of luck with managing your pain. It can be a real pain in the arse - literally in my instance. It's a genuine shame that doctors so often under-treat patients such that they would need to seek 'alternative' medicating substances including kratom.

I think I am going to switch to a Fent patch but keep the oxycodone.

I would expect such - but how would oxycodone compare to the morphine in MS Contin in terms of binding affinity, and would that be affected at all by adding kratom to the mix?

i was responding to the post before mine.

where they said
You mentioned MS contin morphine has an affinty for every ioioid receptornand things hate getting kicked off receptors, ans usually resond with acute withdrwel symtoms or if your lucky dysforia. I'm going through the the the same thing trying to fiqure a safe time to stop drinking krato and stilll have fun with my meds (oxycodone), or just save kratom for dopesickness which is the direction ai'm in now.

taking them, kratom and morphine, together shouldn't cause precipitated withdrawals.

I've mixed them plenty of times and it is definitely a good mix.

I know this is a very old thread but i thought i'd share my experience
They definitely do mix well, but be careful!!
They seem to be synergistic and potentiate each other quite a bit, especially if you dont have a tolerance to opiates
For example, my pet lizard got a prescription for oxycodone/acetaminophen, 5mg oxy, 325mg acet.
This was taken with about 0.5 grams of "potent indo" kratom (capsule) and the effects were relatively strong and kicked in pretty quickly, about 30 mins after ingestion (he did have a meal about 1hr prior to this)
My lizard told me that if he took any more of either the kratom or oxy it may have been too much, though he hasn't had kratom in months and doesn't have a history of opiate use

I think I am going to switch to a Fent patch but keep the oxycodone.
DO NOT GET INTO THE HELL OF FENTAYL PATCHES PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. iF YOU have ever had opiate withdrawls like with your oxycodone or contin there nothing compared to Fetnayl withdrawal there is just something with fetnayl withdrawal that is so awful you literally feel like dying its hell on earth if you do stay on the lowest dose you possibly can if you REALLY need more go up a little higher, but when you come off of it do the SLOWEST taper off the fet patches possible to make it as comfortable as POSSIBLE good luck with the kratom :) lemme know if you tried it ik this is an old thread i made an account just to inform you with the fet patches haha.

The light is green on this combo. I think they are best done separately but if you are really looking to combine the two I would suggest that you take the Kratom first maybe a couple hours prior to taking the heavy opiates such as oxy. All in all i think oxy is good enough on its own because the presence of Kratom doesnt help it do its job... it just gives you a weird feeling and headaches if a large dose is taken which you probably will need considering your purpose in using the drugs... which is for pain. Just up the dose of oxy or consider maybe taking a little bit of ibuprofen and see if that helps the pain because you may have inflammation somewhere causing the pain. Otherwise id say the light is a green one on this combo... but again i suggest taking the kratom a lil while before taking oxy. Also consider taking a little bit oxy than usual with this combination because you may feel nausea and a blurred state of mind if you take too much of either one... not to mention combining them.

lol

lmao woops i didnt notice that this post is from 2009.... oh well... hopefully someone gets something out of what i shared.

This should have died SO long ago..

Why would you even take kratom if you had percs?

Closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.