Dubstep with Female Vocals

Rated E

Bluelighter
The first time I heard La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream Let's Get Ravey Remix) I really liked the female vocal over the top of a dubstep beat. I know Burial uses some female vocals in his stuff.

Some other tracks that do this that I know of:

Bat For Lashes - Pearls Dream (Skream's Pour Another Glass Of Champers Remix)
Florence & The Machine - You Got The Love (The xx Remix)
Fever Ray - When I Grow Old (Bassnectar Remix)
Rusko - Love Is Real
Deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (Caspa Remix)
Little Boots - Meddle (Joker remix)
Adele - Cold Shoulder (Rusko Remix)
Kid Sister - Pro Nails (Rusko Remix)
Amanda Blank - Might Like You Better (Rusko Remix)

Would like to get more. Help me out dubstepheads. ;)

some others that havent been mentioned:

ellie goulding - under the sheets (jakwob rmx)
borgore - foes (16 bit fuck hoes rmx)
lady gaga - just dance (ntrld & thurgood rmx) --- super good, i am NOT a gaga fan...
clouds - under the dancing feet (tes la rok rmx)
simian mobile disco - cruel intentions (joker rmx)
cat power - baby doll (kid simple rmx)
florence and the machine - you've got the love (graphics rmx)
chew lips - salt air (plastician rmx)
synkro - everybody knows
darkstar - thugged out 9 (uugggghhh i freaking loooove this song... good luck finding a copy, heh)
ladyhawke - paris is burning (havodndeed rmx)
mia - come around (emu rmx - RUUUUUUUUDE!)
marchmellow - hate 2 love u
booty luv - say it (nero rmx) <---nero does no wrong.
kosheen - guilty (plastician rmx)

i'm a huge fan of vocal dubstep (well, bass music in general) and keep track of my favorites at the never-ending playlist.

I'm uploading a track I did with vocals from a wonderful lass called Amy Kamala :)
I'm quite proud with this track actually, one of my better ones and is liked by many I've played it to.
Also uploading a Breaky / UK Funky remix I did of it too. Shall be posted up soon ;)

^ hell yeah. mt eden dubstep is quickly becoming my favorite non-bristol dubstep artist. i first heard of him through this forum (maybe from you, rated e) and i really dig his sound. "sierra leone" has been in my crate for a minute now and i'm waiting for the right sunrise set to drop it. plus i LOVE bat for lashes so he's scoring big points with me right now :)

edit: i see that he also has a remix of the classic chicane track saltwater. i realize most of the dubstep heads in here probably aren't big trance fans, but chicane is one of the best trance producers of all time imo and this retains his typical ethereal beauty. great stuff.

Last edited:
Nice. :)

I like the drums on that Chicane remix.

I found this while looking through youtube just now.