Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New Moderator Required for AusDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
One of the issues raised during the recent AusDD is changing - Where can we improve? discussion was that of moderation within the forum. In response to these concerns, we are now asking for applications for a new moderator. This is an opportunity for anyone who raised their grievances about the moderation to put their money where their mouth is and step up to the plate. It’s also an opportunity for others who may want to help in the development and smooth running of the forum to throw their hat into the ring for consideration.

If you have a genuine interest in harm reduction, educating and enlightening those less informed, dispelling myths surrounding drug use and you're willing to assist in the forward movement of the site then this position may be for you. Moderating on Bluelight isn't just about having a title under your name, rather, it's about maintaining an effective flow of accurate information in an attempt to eliminate the plethora of misinformation. Adherence, understanding and maintenance of the guidelines are a must, as is the flexibility to allow free discussion about topics that may not align with your individual values and beliefs. Regular participation is expected, encouraged and is in addition to the new ideas you will present to keep the forum fresh.

There are certain standards that must be maintained as a Moderator because you will be viewed as a representative of the forum by a variety of individuals. The forum is frequented by Law Enforcement, Academics, Parents, Teachers, and as we all know too well - Journalists. This doesn't mean you can't have fun but it does mean you need to moderate according to the guidelines so Bluelight’s goals and reputation are not put in jeopardy.

It’s requested that you make an effort in your applications if you expect us to make an effort to consider you for the role. A poorly presented submission can often be considered as an indication of the effort you will put into the position. How you structure your application is not important but it would be appreciated if you could at least address the points below:

• Why you would like the position.
  • What you can bring to the team.
  • Future directions.
  • Ideas to make the forum better.
  • How much time you can commit to the position.

Applications close at midnight on the 11/12/09. It's requested that you send your application to me and at least one other moderator by the closing date. All submissions will then be considered and a new moderator announced soon after.

tl;dr - AusDD wants a new mod and applications close on the 11th December 2009. =D

Is this because someone may be leaving or is it to compliment the excellent mods that we already have? =D =D

Is this to replace a leaving mod? Or to simply take over some workload?

Its now anticipated that a member of the current AusDD staff will be leaving which will potentially create a position to be filled. In addition, it's envisaged there will be a new position created to fill the gap that was noted in the AusDD is changing thread.

It's requested that speculation, or possible excitement, surrounding the departing staff member be left out of this thread. This threads sole purpose is to ask questions about the position or clear up any doubtful points. Furthermore, it's not to be used to nominate other members for the position. If you think someone would be a good mod of AusDD then encourage them to submit an application through PM.

On average how many hours a week does the mod job take

is there some type of roster? Or is it when people are available?

There's no roster or specific time you have to be here other than you just try to be here as much as you can. We generally like people to check in at least once a day for an hour or more but personal commitments that pop up from time to time are obviously unavoidable. It's appreciated if any extended absences are notified in advance so we can organise coverage of the forum. In saying that, however, if you're expecting numerous extended absences (1 week +) then you may not be able to provide the required time commitment that the position requires.

There's an expectation you will not only continue to participate as a member but also take part in development discussion in the staff threads. This discussion often leads to additional behind the scenes work to assit in the forward movement of Bluellight.

All good....I was hoping that no one was going to leave...and that it was an addition to the team.:):):)

Gosh! Ol' Bluelight's certainly got more professional-like since my days as a mod (there were no application periods and certainly no letters of intorudction!) Good luck with the search.

Yeah I don't like the application stuff, people should have to front past posts they have made proving themselvs.

Gosh! Ol' Bluelight's certainly got more professional-like since my days as a mod (there were no application periods and certainly no letters of intorudction!) Good luck with the search.

The process has been modified to ensure transparency in decisions and reduce calls of nepotism. It's a multi staged review process, not just conducted by the moderators of the forum, but also vetted by senior staff. Individuals who positively contribute to the forum are still tapped on the shoulder and encouraged to apply but they still go through the same process as every other interested party.

Yeah I don't like the application stuff, people should have to front past posts they have made proving themselvs.

The process itself takes posting history into account. Once the application period has ceased and the selection period commences the moderators of the forum review past posts and discuss accordingly. It's a holistic approach rather than being based on a select number of posts.

No, just a regular participant in AusDD. :)

Australian Social actually has a moderator that lives in Scotland.

No age restrictions have been put on the position. The selection will be made based on previous contributions and qualities able to complement the current team.

The process has been modified to ensure transparency in decisions and reduce calls of nepotism. It's a multi staged review process, not just conducted by the moderators of the forum, but also vetted by senior staff. Individuals who positively contribute to the forum are still tapped on the shoulder and encouraged to apply but they still go through the same process as every other interested party.

Haha, thanks for your, errmm, professionalism! I get it ;)

mod new bring on the.

back want I my thread social :/

Status
Not open for further replies.