• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Mega Merged Drug Bust Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the actual value would be if the black market they created and sustain was not there? Just one of many reasons the law dog approach will fail at benefiting the citizens.

^Well I remember reading that cocaine costs 50 cents to 1 dollar to produce per gram, but that might have even been with prohibition costs built in. I can image in a regulated system, nearly pure grams could be retailed for $20 with a significant profit ($3-5/gram) still supporting the origin countries. This could then be taxed at 100% rates and still not support the current black market.

What interested me was it came from Ecuador... I'm just a little confused how a boat sails from Ecuador to Miami.... Going to the Panama Canal is south...

Major fentanyl drug bust in West Kelowna

Fentanyl_patch_packages-commons.wikimedia.org_-878x494.jpg

KELOWNA (NEWS 1130) – A major drug bust in West Kelowna uncovered a lab that police say was potentially producing hundreds of thousands of pills laced with fentanyl this week.

Police are now recommending criminal charges against three BC suspects and one Calgary man after raiding a commercial property and a rural property.

Officers found hundreds of fake Percocet and OcyContin pills, two industrial pill presses capable of producing approximately 2,500 pills per hour, a chemical mixer and eight kilograms of suspected fentanyl powder in a shop vacuum.

An estimated $40,000 in cash, a Dodge pickup truck valued at $60,000 and a Cadillac Escalade valued at $50,000 were seized as proceeds of crime

Source: http://www.news1130.com/2016/03/05/major-fentanyl-drug-bust-in-kelowna/

Wow so fucked to press fent as oxycodone Only time I feel good about busts is shit like this.

Wow so fucked to press fent as oxycodone Only time I feel good about busts is shit like this.

Indeed, I know of someone claim to be selling "fake oxy 30s" through one of those online DNM sites and the fucker claimed they were like 2x as strong as a normal 30. They were marketed by the seller as "a mix of fentanyl and Chinese oxy powder" and he also said they were a great business opportunity because they were available for about 20% of what a real oxy 30 goes for on the streets these days. Let me just say this, they were nothing but cut and fent and I would say they were more in the range of 4 or 5x as strong as 30 mg of oxycodone. Fortunately anyone who knows what real 30s like would not believe these to be real, but still, 1 could kill someone who didn't have a very high tolerance. I even read about someone who got 1 as a free sample with another product they ordered. It was a Reddit post and the guy said he gave it to his friend who did it all and OD'd but fortunately didn't die. Still, the fact that these things were being made to look like 30s is ridiculous and anyone selling them as 30s was putting people at great risk. I can tell you this, they were pressed with the a 215 imprint, but were the color of the ones with a V on them (the a215s are a light, powdery blue and the Vs are much bluer and very bright, so if you knew your 30s you could tell they were fakes in a second, also they were hard as rocks, so clearly not real for that reason, as well).

Still ridiculous that someone would think to make something like that, not everyone is so aware and its the person who isn't that aware who will likely have a low tolerance and be easily dead from possibly only half of one of those things. Fortunately that guy isn't still around, but obviously the practice is still going on.

Indeed, I know of someone claim to be selling "fake oxy 30s" through one of those online DNM sites and the fucker claimed they were like 2x as strong as a normal 30. They were marketed by the seller as "a mix of fentanyl and Chinese oxy powder" and he also said they were a great business opportunity because they were available for about 20% of what a real oxy 30 goes for on the streets these days. Let me just say this, they were nothing but cut and fent and I would say they were more in the range of 4 or 5x as strong as 30 mg of oxycodone. Fortunately anyone who knows what real 30s like would not believe these to be real, but still, 1 could kill someone who didn't have a very high tolerance. I even read about someone who got 1 as a free sample with another product they ordered. It was a Reddit post and the guy said he gave it to his friend who did it all and OD'd but fortunately didn't die. Still, the fact that these things were being made to look like 30s is ridiculous and anyone selling them as 30s was putting people at great risk. I can tell you this, they were pressed with the a 215 imprint, but were the color of the ones with a V on them (the a215s are a light, powdery blue and the Vs are much bluer and very bright, so if you knew your 30s you could tell they were fakes in a second, also they were hard as rocks, so clearly not real for that reason, as well).

Still ridiculous that someone would think to make something like that, not everyone is so aware and its the person who isn't that aware who will likely have a low tolerance and be easily dead from possibly only half of one of those things. Fortunately that guy isn't still around, but obviously the practice is still going on.

Was it worth the trip?

Have always been tempted to source from the net but I just couldn't if I didn't know the person. Someone could put cyanide in there for fun as far as I'm concerned.

Two charged following drug bust

fentanyl-drug-bust.jpg

Two Prince George men now face charges following a bust last week in which fentanyl was among the drugs seized.

The synthetic narcotic is 50 to 100 times more toxic than other opioids, such as heroin, and has been linked to a spike in overdoses and deaths.

Chabasco Brian Jumbo faces five counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, three counts of possession of a firearm contrary to an order and one count each of using a firearm in committing an offence and unauthorized possession of a firearm.

Thomas Albert Beaudette has been charged with four counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, possession of an unauthorized weapon (non-firearm) and possession of a firearm contrary to an order.

They were among six people arrested Thursday night when RCMP executed a search warrant on a 2200-block Tamarack Street home.

Cocaine, methamphetamine, a loaded .44-calibre revolver, ammunition for the gun, a significant amount of cash and drug trafficking paraphernalia were also found in the home.

The two are known to the police and courts and have previous convictions for drug-related offences. Both remained in custody as of Monday.

See more at: http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...wing-drug-bust-1.2192132#sthash.xOcJDBRN.dpuf

Guyanese charged over Barbados drug bust

A Guyanese national, identified as Neville Hillary Phagu, was one of two men charged yesterday over a multimillion dollar cocaine find at Carlisle Bay, in Barbados.

Neville Phagu (Barbados Today photo)
Nation report, Phagu, 39, and Barbadian Jeffrey Harrington Callender, 48, of Coral Land, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, appeared in the District A Magis-trates Court, according to a Barbados Today report.

The charges come after police seized a boat, 122.9 kilos of cocaine and 94 kilos of cannabis during an operation last Wednesday. The drugs are valued at over $6 million.

Phagu and Callender were jointly charged with possession of cocaine, possession with intent to supply cocaine, trafficking cocaine, possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis, and trafficking cannabis, the report said.

Phagu was also separately charged with importation of cocaine and importation of cannabis.

20160306neville-phagu.jpg

Source: http://www.stabroeknews.com/2016/news/stories/03/06/guyanese-charged-barbados-drug-bust/

Six UCSC students arrested during alleged drug ring bust

Pic2-MDMA-16S-01749-JPG.jpg

Pic4-MDMA-16S-01749-JPG.jpg

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -
Santa Cruz Police are investigating a drug bust involving six U.C. Santa Cruz students, accused of running a drug ring through a fraternity and sorority.

Investigators said these students are members of the Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity and Alpha Kappa Delta Phi sorority. Police said they started investigating after a tip that MDMA pills, also known as ecstasy and molly, were being shipped through the U.S. Postal Service to three addresses in the city.

With the help of U.S. Homeland Security and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, police said they found about 5,000 pills worth over $100,000.

Source: http://www.kionrightnow.com/news/lo...rested-during-alleged-drug-ring-bust/38392652

Cannabis seeds, weapon found in FNQ drug bust

6a2a8a28c44d8856e0cd964d4d16762f

POLICE found 77,800 cannabis seeds, 3km of irrigation pipe and stolen heavy equipment at the site of a planned marijuana crop.

A .22 calibre rifle and ammunition were also found.

Five men pleaded guilty in the Cairns District Court to producing between July 2013 and May 2014, as well as other drug-related charges.

The site was about 200km southeast of Mt Garnet and about 300km south of Cairns. A kitchen had been set up, covered with camouflage.

Mark Andrew Leishman, 47, Ronald Grant Van Damme, 48, and Gensi Kerma, 56, were the ringleaders of the proposed operation, which Judge John Robertson described as “quite sophisticated”.

Judge Robertson said the three were “criminally responsible” on the basis of their extensive 10-month preparation for what would have been a large-scale crop.

The court was told Paul Shane Young, 46, and 22-year-old Tori Jase Vikionkorpi’s criminal responsibility was to a lesser degree. They had waited at the site in preparation for the plants’ cultivation.

Stolen heavy equipment was found at the site and at Leishman’s home, but none of the five was charged with theft.

The court was told police had estimated the setup cost was $84,373.90, but Judge Robertson said it wasn’t indicated how the figure was reached.

The court was told police had monitored Van Damme’s and Leishman’s phones.

Van Damme faces 28 drug-related charges in relation to other matters.

“It was clearly intended to be a crop on a large commercial scale,” the judge said. All five, who had served time in custody, pleaded guilty in a timely way.

Leishman, Van Damme and Kerma were each jailed for four and a half years. Leishman, who had been held for 534 days, was released.

Van Damme, having already served 218 days, would be released after serving 12 months, and Kerma, who had served 152 days, would be released after serving 17 months.

Their remaining jail time will hang over their heads for five years.

Young was jailed for two years and released immediately, having served 296 days, the remainder suspended for three years.

Vikionkorpi was jailed for 15 months and released immediately, having served 212 days, with the remainder suspended for two years.

Source:http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/c...t/news-story/c725443f54d727e896689e3e183ad198

Two men from Hong Kong to appear in court after 60 kilograms of ice and $710,000 cash seized

Two men will face a court in Sydney today after police seized 60 kilograms of the drug ice and $710,000 cash.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers charged both men, who are from Hong Kong and aged 46 and 28, with dealing with the proceeds of crime.

The older man was also charged with drug possession.

Officers stopped the men in two separate vehicles in Homebush West yesterday morning and arrested them.

AFP officers later searched the vehicles and the men's homes.

Police said they found three cartons containing the money, in Australian currency, a number of mobile phones and about 10 kilograms of a crystalline substance believed to be methamphetamine, concealed within a small suitcase in the older man's car.

During the search of one their homes a further 50 kilograms of methamphetamine was seized along with approximately $10,000 in Australian currency, officers said.

AFP Acting Assistant Commissioner Peter Crozier said officers followed the money trail to make the arrests.

"By identifying and pursuing leads associated with money laundering, we are able to track those involved in criminal activity, predominantly illicit drug trafficking, but also financing of other criminal enterprises," Acting Assistant Commissioner Crozier said.

Both men are expected to appear before the Sydney Central Local Court today.

The maximum penalties are 20 years in jail for proceeds of crime and 25 years for the drug-related offence.

Officers said enquiries in relation to the matter were ongoing and further charges had not been ruled out.

7214540-3x2-940x627.jpg

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-02/hong-kong-nationals-arrested-after-60-kgs-of-ice-$710k-seized/7214422?site=sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.