• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

contrasting 2C-C and 2C-D

Sounds to me like a logical thought..... me, I'm biased since 2C-D could never fully bloom for me with the resources I had, it's probably that if one had enough 2C-D could fulfill pretty much everything 2C-C could. Still, it's more of a long shot and 2C-C remains a fine candidate.

I have to say though that these things are quite complex. It would all depend on a lot of factors, 2C-C being easier is a tad more of a 'sure thing'. Though if one has considerable experience with psychedelics - and I don't want to make this overly heavy - 2C-T-7 has more to offer. It has without a doubt the most any 2C-X has to offer, even (or also) when utilized for recreational purposes it shines. More than 2C-C or 2C-D it shines from within like a completely worthy empathogen. So, is it a better contender? Worse? It depends on many factors that have to do with in its basics set and setting. You decide, not me :D

I definitely agree with the psychedelic usefulness of 2C-T-7. I had the opportunity to try it for the first time about a month ago and it was an amazingly philosophical and intimate experience with my girlfriend. It had much more to offer than 2C-I, the only other 2C-X compound I have tried. 2C-T-7 was a little rocky coming up, but well worth the slight discomfort in the beginning. As far as having a chilled out trip I think I will take your advice and try out 2C-C next... of course after I try 2C-E first.

^ I tend to take ALL the reports in the Shulgin books with a grain of salt.

Either these people are wired differently than the rest of the world, or they were eating different chemicals altogether, or they polished their reports to suit their bias. A lot of these reports simply don't match the bulk of reports by people who had tried these chemicals afterwards, both in terms of suggested doses and effects. I think this particular case goes beyond YMMV and makes one think a bit.

So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised that if 5-MeO-DET was released in public, many people will not report it as being "psychedelic torture".

Come to think of it, it actually was available for a tiny bit of time several years ago, but never heard any reports about it...

The DET series was not well liked by Shulgin as well as many others, but with certain compounds becoming available again that might change. I always found P/TIHKAL to be a good starting point for further research, but it's good to note that the doses vary widely and have been refined over the years.

I'll comment on both 2C-C and 2C-D in more depth tomorrow, I have tried both and attempted to use them both in meditation, so with a little thought I should be able to cook up a response for you. Peace out PD <3

2C-C feels to me exactly like what it is: a legal replacement for 2C-B.

2C-D was not impressive for me either in doses up to 80 mg, but I think it is very possible that this one might become interesting if I increase the dose further.

increasing the dosage for 2C-C is not an option though, as 100 mg felt quite toxic and still unimpressive mentally.

PS: it seems I have a high tolerance for psychedelic phenethylamines naturally.

You can really go places with 2C-D if you're willing to take insanely high doses. 2C-C doesn't really take me on a trip anymore (although I had some deep psychedelic experiences the first couple times I consumed it), but 2C-D can really be a genuine get on the bus and go for an awesome trip kind of experience (especially when music is involved!).

2c-c didnt get interesting for me till later uses. My first few times felt more tofu-ish. But my last trip on only 30-40mg (i dont rember anymore) was every bit as powerful as similar dose of 2c-b.

2c-d on the other hand started out as pretty deep psych when i first started using it only to turn to tofu with later uses.

i like to take 2c-d and just kick it around the house and talk with friends. It lends itself well to good conversations. (especially with a little amphetamine to boost it:))

I'll comment on both 2C-C and 2C-D in more depth tomorrow, I have tried both and attempted to use them both in meditation, so with a little thought I should be able to cook up a response for you. Peace out PD <3

really look forward to hearing about this =D

i missed the whole bit on meditation when reading the post originally.

In regards to meditation, IMO neither would work well for me. To much ental chatter on PEA's (though 2c-d is much more calm and relaxing than 2cc IMO)

psilacetin is my meditation drug of choice. Its like it shuts off the mental chatter without me even trying or realizing that its happened.

(@ ungelesene)
Well I can see what you mean about 2C-C being unimpressive ... alternatively I would call it 'somewhat mild', even though I have had great trips with it. But maybe combining it with LSD is an idea for you? That sent some major sparks flying! 8( :D Great Scott!!!

just to be redundant.
i was also unimpressed by 2c-c at first.
But my last trip on it, as it started kicking in i actually had to question myself as to if i might have possibly taken something other than 2c-c.
I was worried i had just eaten twice the amount of 2c-e that im comfortable with. which sent a bit of anxietty shooting through me (and karma when i mentioned the possibility to her). after the somewhat rough come up though it was smooth sailing on a blissful wave of psycedelia.

(@ ungelesene)
Well I can see what you mean about 2C-C being unimpressive ... alternatively I would call it 'somewhat mild', even though I have had great trips with it. But maybe combining it with LSD is an idea for you? That sent some major sparks flying! 8( :D Great Scott!!!
hmm, that could be interesting... generally, I'm wondering what would happen when combining a tryptamine and a phenethylamine for quite some time now, but I never got around actually trying it. I should really put this on my to-do list for 2010 now...

what I have already tried, and quite liked, was 2C-C plus ketamine. added nice optical effects to the K-hole. now talking about it reminds me to also put 2C-B+K on my list...

2C-D is (for me anyway) very much the Jr brother to 2C-D....much the same effects, just less pushy and shorter (it hasn't hit puberty)...on the other hand, I've not taken 2C-D beyond 50mg...so all of my experiences with it have been +2, +2 1/2...maybe +3 at the peak after a bowl of pot...and all of my experiences with 2C-E have been above 16mg...so tripping balls, +3 1/2, out-of-this-planet type experiences...so they may be even more alike than I think.....if I ever take both at equipotent dosages.

2C-C clearly has that 'halogen' feel that you get with 2C-B and 2C-I...probably 'chemical suggestion' as Shulgin would call it....but there really is a lot of overlap between 2C-B/2C-I/2C-C....I enjoy 2C-C and it's very clean and gentle, but definitley more on the recreational side....not as deep as 2C-D.

On the other hand, there is more warmth and empathy in 2C-C (just as with 2C-B and 2C-I) compared to the more analytical 2C-D. Also, 2C-C lasts a couple more hours (it's a 6-8hr trip, where as 2C-D is 4-6hr.)

They are both gems.

Really? With oral you say... hmm weird
yep, oral. i was as shocked as you are.

what I have already tried, and quite liked, was 2C-C plus ketamine. added nice optical effects to the K-hole. now talking about it reminds me to also put 2C-B+K on my list...

ill be trying 2cd and ketamine sometime in the coming weeks. Im hoping it will help me remreber the k-hole better the way that people say 2cb helps.

i missed the whole bit on meditation when reading the post originally.

In regards to meditation, IMO neither would work well for me. To much ental chatter on PEA's (though 2c-d is much more calm and relaxing than 2cc IMO)

psilacetin is my meditation drug of choice. Its like it shuts off the mental chatter without me even trying or realizing that its happened.

good to hear about the psilacetin... I have a bit coming my way very soon :D

odd that you mention 2c-d is more calm and relaxing for you, as calmness and relaxation seem to be common descriptors of the 2c-c high and was the main reason I was leaning towards it over 2c-d (which I hear can be somewhat stimulating)

this is starting to get confusing :| i might have to flip a coin =D

^ You have to remember that "calm and relaxing" is still within the context that you are taking a psychedelic phenethylamine, which in and of itself warrants some degree of stimulation. 2C-C and 2C-D are variously described as "calm" in relation to other phenethylamines - so make no mistake that you will still find either more stimulating than a strong espresso, but perhaps less jittery.

If you ask me, I sort of agree with delsyd here that phenethylamines in general are not what I would pick for meditation. Tryptamines, for me, are far more spiritual than phenethylamines, the latter of which are more suited for a clinical setting and/or party setting.

But make no mistake, many find great spiritual depth in phens. I also hear that mescaline is very spiritual but have not had the chance to try it yet.

really look forward to hearing about this =D

K, so I've had some time to sleep, smoke, and generally think about it... I'm ready :)

I've posted on the comparison between these two before, because they're the two phens I've had the most experience close to each other. 2C-C is definately the more recreational of the two, followed by low to medium dose 2C-D in a close second. I'd agree with Jamshyd's comment that 2C-C feels somewhat more "intoxicating" versus 2C-D's clean lucidity. This quality in addition to it's wide dose range is where I suppose the nootropic possibilities emerge. Although I've never tried that with 2C-D, I somehow can intuit how that would work based on my psychedelic experiences with it... However this isn't something I feel would be true to say about 2C-C.

2C-C feels more stoning and physical in every stage of the trip, especially the plateau. During the initial come-up I may feel the urge to walk or move around, but the plateau is best spent lying down listening to some music. This is where your meditative state will emerge if you are looking for it, and as others have said it's quite enjoyable and relaxing with this chemical. The stimulation quickly fades into the sedating phase, and it almost becomes a "psychedelic nod" which has a dissociative twist to it. Out of the two I want to say 2C-C is more electric on the body, but in a pleasing (MDMA-like?) way.

As for mediating, the first time I took 2C-D I had a GREAT time meditating during the come-up, and I really felt like I stripped away barriers and got through to my inner self during that trip. With 2C-D I feel like there is some of the cold logic of 2C-E running in the background keeping things neat and tidy. 2C-C is more of a fun but sloppy psychedelic mess with controlled chaos audio hallucinations and such. That's not to say it wouldn't be good for meditation, which is essentially the same no matter what your mindset, just that in my experience it's more likely to draw your attention elsewhere. With an exploratory and curious mindset you'll be treated well by both these chemicals, just choose your settings and dosages wisely. Have fun!