• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

^hey jumping off 30mg methadone at xmas time is not going to be fun. You sure you want to do that? Maybe just find another chemist to dispense. Look I've not been on done but know many who have - those who got off successfully all tapered to much lower dose before stopping - or transferred to bupe then tapered off that. I don't know anyone who successfully jumped off 30mg done - all ended back on the gear....

yeh i came across tramadol once a while ago, seemed useless at the time, knew nothing about it. Ill be looking for it again in the next week tho now.
Ive been cutting down .5 of a ml every 3 days lately, so fuckin annoying, i see the long journey ahead and just want to jump off cold now and get it over with. My dr calmed me down last time i was freaking like this. I apprently have to keep at this for another fortnight before he'll help me.
Problem #2 I am on Pristiq (dexvenlafaxine, SNRI antidepressant) to help with some lingering symptoms of borderline personality disorder... This contraindicates the use of tramadol (serontonin effects) and NSAIDS (baclofen, mobic, brufen), sux i have got packets of these in my "drawer"...
Do other people around here have a "draw" of countless pills and packets ?lol\
Im looking into some antihistamines for releif of anxiety, nausea, sleeplessness...
Not ideal but might do for now,
I wont be able to do this without my low dose friend seroquel. Takes the horn of anyones angry rhino! (sorry sleep dep)
out.

Baclofen isn't an nsaid... it's a beta-blocker...

I was on methadone in Canberra for 5 years, Melbourne for 5 years and in the country in Vic for a few years. Canberra was the best. Turning Point in Melbourne are amazing. They helped me out with a done dispensary, doctor, and case worker and needle exchange in the one building. Where I am now has only one doctor who prescribes done or bupe, and he's a dodgy, arrogant asshole. The chemist in town is a nice bloke. I've found most chemists to be really nice and caring and engaged with there customers, but most docs are pricks. Especially when you're on benzo's and antidepressants and still choose to use illegal drugs. A good Alcohol and Drug worker is worth there weight in gold too. It's so important to keep them onside and be as honest as you can. Good luck to any of you battling the poppy monster.

Baclofen isn't an nsaid... it's a beta-blocker...

is it? i know it fits the description of a β2-Receptor antagonist but without taking the time to read more right now thats as far as my understanding goes. i know for sure its GABAa-ergic and is classed as a muscle relaxant - im scripted it also.

if it is then thats definitely good to know because i had intentions on using it for meth comedowns, but wiki says - and i know it states overdose, but what wiki considers an overdose is probably just a high dose for someone like me, so im still not sure -

wiki said:
Beta blockers must not be used in the treatment of cocaine, amphetamine, or other alpha adrenergic stimulant overdose. The blockade of only beta receptors increases hypertension, reduces coronary blood flow, left ventricular function, and cardiac output and tissue perfusion by means of leaving the alpha adrenergic system stimulation unopposed. [14] The appropriate antihypertensive drugs to administer during hypertensive crisis resulting from stimulant abuse are vasodilators like nitroglycerin, diuretics like furosemide and alpha blockers like phentolamine.

saw my doc today.
I guarantee u all i will jump off 'done' at 30mgs. I am too determined NOT to turn out like the cockheads in that waiting room.
Im not exactly jumping off all opiates yet tho...
My drs help for a home detox and what ive read online and have in supplies will be of great help:
He prescribed valium, clonidine, buscopan, brufen and even some doloxene (a weaker opiate).
Ill be using some health supplements along the way... which ones to be decided.

doloxene; dextropropoxyphene is a horrible drug, avoid it. very similar in structure to methadone, but also has bad reactions with any type of seretonin related drug... caused me to wind up with seretonin syndrome once

is it? i know it fits the description of a β2-Receptor antagonist but without taking the time to read more right now thats as far as my understanding goes. i know for sure its GABAa-ergic and is classed as a muscle relaxant - im scripted it also.

if it is then thats definitely good to know because i had intentions on using it for meth comedowns, but wiki says - and i know it states overdose, but what wiki considers an overdose is probably just a high dose for someone like me, so im still not sure -

this thread is turning out some brilliant, harm reduction based discussions. and no body slurring eachothers ideas off..

Baclofen i found good in combo with valium to be honest, even though they're contraindicated according to mims - someone like you or i, who most likely has alot of experience with benzos and the like wouldnt have any kind of trouble with it. in reasonable doses.

And iv'e known doctors to prescribe the two at once to various people ive known

saw my doc today.
I guarantee u all i will jump off 'done' at 30mgs. I am too determined NOT to turn out like the cockheads in that waiting room.
Im not exactly jumping off all opiates yet tho...
My drs help for a home detox and what ive read online and have in supplies will be of great help:
He prescribed valium, clonidine, buscopan, brufen and even some doloxene (a weaker opiate).
Ill be using some health supplements along the way... which ones to be decided.

Honestly, you're gonna find eating extremely difficult during this period, i suggest you start on a whole shitload of Spirulina, a seaweed that is extremely nutritious and comes in tablet form, filled with all sorts of vitamins and minerals.

this thread is turning out some brilliant, harm reduction based discussions. and no body slurring eachothers ideas off..

Baclofen i found good in combo with valium to be honest, even though they're contraindicated according to mims - someone like you or i, who most likely has alot of experience with benzos and the like wouldnt have any kind of trouble with it. in reasonable doses.

And iv'e known doctors to prescribe the two at once to various people ive known

i know theyre contraindicated, that would be due to their synergism and both working the GABA. and youre right, someone with experience wouldnt have any trouble with it. i dont see how anyone taking therapeutic does of each together without much experience would run into trouble either as long as theyre not mixing any other CNS depressants into the equation. ive only got an outdated mims from 06, so ill have to ask my doctor if he can get me a newer version because what i have does have some outdated info in it.

i get baclofen in combination with valium/temazepam on ocassions. after my dr weaned me off from my valium addiction he has been very sparing of benzos, he wanted me off a year before hed even consider scripting them regularly again. thats where baclofen came in - its basically replaced the benzos, though obviously nothing alike recreationally. i feel a lot safer on baclofen as well because im not scoffing ridiculous amounts of benzos on top of my morphine every week.

im still to determine whether baclofen is really classed as a beta blocker - i havent checked beyond last nights quick search and im about to head out the door now. do you have any links for me to check out?

if you need net mims access, this is something i am able to provide... screw books off ;)

definitely, that would be greatly appreciated. pm me with more details:)

Anyone else who is on an opiate maintenance program, please forward your details in this thread - the more doctors/chemists i can list the better.

heya mr ibis, good luck with your getting clean and arresting your lapse :)

Canberra:

The Alchol and Drug Program Opiate Treatment Service
Building seven The Canberra Hospital
Palmer Street Garran
Phone: (02) 6244 2591

Canberra'a public clinic for opiate maintenance and treatment; doctors there are a part of the chapter of addiction medicine, there is a psychiatrist on staff and a psychiatric registrar part time, access to counselling services, social work, sexual health clinics, and case management services. People wanting to start on methadone treatment are assessed by an Alcohol and Drug Program (ADP) medical officer to determine if they are suitable for treatment. This involves taking a history and conducting a physical examination. If suitable, an induction process will be started, usually on the day of medical assessment. Clients continue to be reviewed by a medical officer while receiving methadone. The doctor enquires about drug use, health and other psychological and social factors. Prescriptions for methadone are reviewed every three months.

and you get to see me there ;)

Methadone withdrawal: feels like my spinal chord is curling up my back at times.
Clonidine and Valium - Saviours. I'm going to try LOW dose 25-50mg Seroquel tonight at the worst hours.

Im not having much trouble eating, sticking to fruits and cereals...No cramps or vomiting yet.

Withdrawal climaxes (FOR ME) between the hours 2 - 6 AM, i think because i used to dose my methadone late afternoon.

Craving alot of sugar! Am about to go research the effect of nicotine on opiate withdrawal.
Any help?

algiz, sorry im not about to provide a newbie with private information.

i found wd to be the worst during those hours - just a general i cant sleep kinda thing, it was shit.

id usually wake up around 3am, and sit up til about 6... go have baths and shit... i used bath salts and juniper of a morning to help my muscles relax during the hard period

algiz, sorry im not about to provide a newbie with private information.

i found wd to be the worst during those hours - just a general i cant sleep kinda thing, it was shit.

id usually wake up around 3am, and sit up til about 6... go have baths and shit... i used bath salts and juniper of a morning to help my muscles relax during the hard period

Ha! Yeh dont blame you man, fair is fair. :\

I also have sleeping problems without withdrawals so it only makes sense for it to be worse at these times.

I make a 50/50 mix of pure sea salt/epsom salts (magnesium). I prefer lavendar and clary sage myself %) ... Hows karma right, our electric hot water system died yesterday and wont be ready til monday earliest.:!

A HOT SHOWER through withdrawal beats any drug.

Im supplementing spirulina, magnesium, electrolytes, minerals ontop of the usual multi V's and B's. Fish oils are always ritual too me. Stacking high doses of vitamin C helps clear it all out but seems to precipitate slight withdrawal at times.

To be honest i cant see what all the fuss is about. I jumped off 30-35mg o fmethadone and have conquered greater than this.=D

you sound like you're goin to a great deal to stop any kind of withdrawal and are still not ready... to be honest when i was withdrawing worst, i couldnt stand to use my pc... that was 60mg of methadone daily too... double your dose

god people like you, shit me the worst.

why do you have to be a smartass and hi-jack a useful thread?

I really couldn't care less what you think you're going through, you evidentally have enough to manage with it - cant see why you need to go on about your woes?

Im not having a dicksizing competition, and this thread has has discussion of doses of methadone previously. And it seems to be worst at about 60mg +... don't get your nickers in a knot. No one is blaming anyone else for anything in this thread.. delete your cocky comments or i'll get the mods to do it for you - we don't need your shit here - this is for people seeking help and treatment, not people who are too good for everyone else. Evidentally if you're using this thread - you're probably a junkie, just like the rest of us.

i hear ultra lights are cumfy

thnx, such a supportive thread, and i guess u beleive i dont need any help so ill be off.