Bluelight

Thread: Why do Klonopin tablets taste so good?

1. Collapse Details
    Why do Klonopin tablets taste so good? 
    i am speaking of all the generics i've had. They taste great, is there a reason, are they meant to be put under the tounge or something? I mean my mylan valiums taste like shit, my somas taste horrible. As do my generic roxis.

I know you can get klonopin wafers if you were like someone with epalisy and needed it to get into yoru system quick, is that why they make them taste good? for the purpose of chewing them or putting them under your tounge?

Somas taste like shit, why can't all pills taste like candy like klonopin.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Is it conazepam/klonopin/whatever that taste like Banana? Don't folk often call them bananakins?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdahl View Post
    Is it conazepam/klonopin/whatever that taste like Banana? Don't folk often call them bananakins?
    i've been getting the shitty mylans, the best ones i've gotten were teva and carago. they desolved so quick by the time you got water in your mouth to swalow them they would already bedesolving. mylans take awhile longer, but still taste like mints as do all the generics i've had

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I've only ever had Roche Clonazes. TBH, I don't like them they're too strong for my liking.

5. Collapse Details

I've only ever had Roche Clonazes. TBH, I don't like them they're too strong for my liking.
    entry level dose is .125mg-.25mg twice a day. 1mg equals 20mg of valium.

6. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    Cos it's easier to get people to buy your pills if they taste nicer

7. Collapse Details

^ ive always felt that 1mg clonazepam felt more like 10mg diazepam. Most benzo conversion tables ive seen say the same thing. Anyway, to answer your question, klonopins always have this sweet sugary taste that i personally am not crazy about but they definatly taste better than almost any other pill i've come across. It's probably just the companys choice of binder and filler.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I was taking them for recreation at 2mg a time, can't remember much about the few times I had them. Aren't they a pretty potent sedative/hypnotic anyway? Also, I have had clonazes other than Roche, from India, but they didn't taste sweet. Thing is, I can take 2mg Xanax and just be nicely ''stoned''(for lack of a better word) and clonaz and alpraz are supposed to be equivelant mg for mg
    Last edited by chrisdahl; 15-11-2009 at 20:34.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter

10. Collapse Details

My clonazepams taste kinda sweet... but I wouldn't go as far as to call it "good". I've yet to find a tablet that actually tastes nice. I think the manufacturers deliberately make tablets taste dull at best, and disgusting at worst.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet P View Post
    I've yet to find a tablet that actually tastes nice
    Xanax taste yummy

12. Collapse Details

benzos often work best and fastest when taken sublingually.

pills designed to be taken sublingually are typically flavored so that people can stand having them in their mouths long enough for them to dissolve.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tathra View Post
    benzos often work best and fastest when taken sublingually.
    I've noticed the same thing. And fortunately, clonazepam tablets aren't coated (well, mine aren't), so they dissolve pretty easily.

14. Collapse Details

Honestly, the only clonnies I've ever had tasted like chalk. Not very nice. And the valium tasted bitter as shit.

15. Collapse Details

Xanax taste yummy
    Please rethink your statement. Xanax tastes God-Awful. It takes like a pure medicine tablet, blah.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    Please rethink your statement. Xanax tastes God-Awful. It takes like a pure medicine tablet, blah.
    that is why i am curious to why they all are made to taste good, but other benzos are not

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomer View Post
    No I won't. The taste is just part of the whole xanax high for me, been lightheaded, eyes half shut, bitter taste in your mouth, eating digestives and watching daytime TV...

18. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    I actually quite like the taste of Xannies myself and only really use them sublingually. Some of the generic diazepam and (especially) temazepam pills in the UK are pretty tasty too. Most I find are just chalky with a bit of a chemical tang but some are like sweeties and none are really that bad. Clonazepam is one of the tastier ones but - as mentioned above - seems to be designed more for sublingual use than many other benzos. I clonzepam - one of my favourite benzos

19. Collapse Details

I take generic clonazepam manufactured by Apotex, they have somewhat of a sugary taste to them if I take them sublingualy. I believe this is due to the starch binders present in the tablet.

20. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by tathra View Post
    pills designed to be taken sublingually are typically flavored so that people can stand having them in their mouths long enough for them to dissolve.
    This.

21. Collapse Details

"Why do Klonopin tablets taste so good?"

For you to eat them

22. Collapse Details

i think clonazepam might actually have a weird minty taste to it. I have never had a kpin of any make that didnt have this distinct and strange minty taste.

23. Collapse Details

The bananakins were a specific brand of clonazepam from India... Yes, those tasted like banana candy.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pillpopper187 View Post
    Somas taste like shit, why can't all pills taste like candy like klonopin.
    I don't know if anyone has tried pure (and I mean pure) Clonazepam before. It may be that the chemical itself may just taste nice and have nothing to do with what the manufacturers add to it.

And as for all pills tasting like candy, I personally believe ALL medications should purposely be made to taste bad. That way, if a child happens to get hold of them, they are much less likely to swallow it or take more. To me, this safety factor would more than make up for a bitter/nasty taste for people that are using them.

Good swallowing technique would be able to minimise the unpleasantness of taking the medication anyway. Just for people to give a shot, I personally find milk (the higher the fat content the better) is a very good drink to take bitter medications with as it seems to wash away the flavour very fast. And for chemically flavours (MDMA,GBL etc...) acidic drinks (Orange Juice/Pineapple Juice etc...) are better at covering up the taste in my experience.

I do understand that bad tasting meds would reduce compliance with certain people but I'm sure there would be a way around that. Maybe prescribing empty gel caps or something similar along with the medication so that people could just pop the pill into the capsule and then swallow. Or giving advise such as that I have already given above, or even slightly moistening the tablet and thinly cover with sugar/flower etc... just before taking it.