Best Song of 09 Contest *Nomination Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hell ya to that giant track, its large :D
Ive been binging on it these past few days.
doesn't quite make my list but it definitely came close

yall are gonna hate me, but HERVE- who da champ...one of my faves... i also 2nd Zinc, Bunt Edge. Diplo + blackstar "Get off" (JAck Beats Remix) add to the running....

1 more week until nominations are over! lets get those nominations in folks!!

Zinc - Bunt Edge has been added

1. Deadmau5 - Strobe

2. Deadmau5 - Moar Ghosts N Stuff

3. Emalkay - When I Look At You

4. Deadmau5 - FML

5 DJ Cafe - Don't Stop =)

Making a top 5 with 4 songs from 1 specific artist and the last one being one of your own productions.... and the specific artist being deadmau5.... (I mean I like some of mau5's stuff but DAMN) wow. toa$t and MDMAHead are going to be in here real soon.

my list so far....

"Polkadots" - Afrojack (Kevin Focus - Remade & Rebuilt)
"Lack Of A Better Name" - Deadmau5
^ so simple, but quite effective... love the piano.

i'll add more but most of the songs that come to mind are from 08

toa$t - check out the Radio Slave tracks in my nominations - I reckon you might like 'em!

Making a top 5 with 4 songs from 1 specific artist and the last one being one of your own productions.... and the specific artist being deadmau5.... (I mean I like some of mau5's stuff but DAMN) wow. toa$t and MDMAHead are going to be in here real soon.

my list so far....

"Polkadots" - Afrojack (Kevin Focus - Remade & Rebuilt)
"Lack Of A Better Name" - Deadmau5
^ so simple, but quite effective... love the piano.

i'll add more but most of the songs that come to mind are from 08

Well I like a lot of deadmau5 music, and it's not about the artist, its about the song. Also I used 3 songs from one specific artist.

Last edited:
Deadmau5 - Moar Ghosts N Stuff

sadly i am going to have to second this. the track is a few months old, but i dropped it again on saturday and people ate it up. afterwards it was stuck in my head for a full day... catchy as all hell. stupid deadmau5, you're such a prick but some of your tracks are so tasty :\

I cant stand Deadmau5 any more as an artist and he's lost most of my respect, but damn it all if you're not right, his tracks are pretty damn tasty!

Deadmau5 - Moar Ghosts N Stuff has been added

Last edited:
I dont want to de-rail this thread to death, so im gunna just give my two cents and a link to another thread that'll clear things up for you.

My reasons:

1.) His live sets just include him using his lemur and jumping up and down a lot. Ableton does all the real work for him.

2.) When playing a "live" show (non-festival/rave) he bars anyone else from using ableton as he doesnt want them to out-do him. (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96339)

3.) He's sort of the new Justice IMO.

I mean yes, he has some pretty nice tracks, and his sets can be fun (its always a hit or miss with him, you never really know), so as a producer I respect him, but as a DJ he's lost most my respect (for the reasons stated above).

This thread should sum it all up for you:
Okay, Here why I repect Deadmau5

I dont want to de-rail this thread to death, so im gunna just give my two cents and a link to another thread that'll clear things up for you.

My reasons:

1.) His live sets just include him using his lemur and jumping up and down a lot. Ableton does all the real work for him.

2.) When playing a "live" show (non-festival/rave) he bars anyone else from using ableton as he doesnt want them to out-do him. (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96339)

3.) He's sort of the new Justice IMO.

I mean yes, he has some pretty nice tracks, and his sets can be fun (its always a hit or miss with him, you never really know), so as a producer I respect him, but as a DJ he's lost most my respect (for the reasons stated above).

This thread should sum it all up for you:
Okay, Here why I repect Deadmau5

You forgot he said DJ's should go the way of the dinosour and die off. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.