• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Subthread] First Time

If you're actually after a breakthrough, best to try smoke as much of that 80mg as you can. Though a lot of people have trouble properly smoking dmt the first few times so you may or may not get there.

I say try to vaporize all 80mg in one dose, or if you can't, then two doses in immediate succession. You will have the ability to recall more of your DMT experience if you repeat it. The more you become familiar with the state, the easier it is to recall memories of it.

Well, that is if you're going to vaporize it. I recommend plugging it, myself. Try 25mg plugged, then 55mg plugged.

Is it the fumarate salt? or freebase?

Coolio, when you plugged it did you use the fumarate?

And I agree with the double dosing, when you come out, and go right back in it seems more of the state dependent memory becomes available.

Snorting the freebase burns horribly, but snorting the fumarate isn't bad at all.

Injecting is the cleanest way for me to experience it, I prefer IM because of the longer duration and slower come-up, but my friend IV'd it and it sounded identical to a breakthrough smoked dose, only faster and harder (his dose was 32mg). For IM, 30mg will give you a good introduction, 50mg and higher is where the magic happens for me :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. Im pretty sure its freebase form, came in complete powder although im not sure to be honest. Like I said before color is off white with a brown tint. I watched my buddy smoke 50mg and he broke through, which is why im assuming the DMT is of high quality. It came direct from the chemist who made it.

Can anyone answer my other questions? How long can it be stored, interactions with benzos, best way to smoke ect. I havent smoked it yet, im waiting until I feel it is the best time. I want the most out of my DMT experience so any more knowledge from you fellow blers would be great. Thanks guys

Last edited:
When plugging DMT freebase you want to use distilled vinegar to form DMT acetate liquid solution.

hahaha the thought of dmt in someone's butt has never ever crossed my mind until reading this post

it made me giggle loudly in a very quiet room.

When plugging DMT freebase you want to use distilled vinegar to form DMT acetate liquid solution.

Thats what I was guessing, but thanks for the specifics. How strong was 55mg? is that a breakthrough dose? I have heard that some ppl think there is MAO activity in the rectum, but I have yet to try it, did you use an MAOI?

Now i've come to another dilemma. How do I tell if my DMT is 5-meo-DMT or just DMT? From reading a few pages of the megathread it sounds like it might be 5-meo, but I have no idea. It seems like the difference in doses between the two can be very significant. Its off-white tan/brown powder, not crystallized. I have 80 mg.

I would like to try a near breakthrough dose before submerging myself in the full thing. If it is indeed 5-meo what would be a good dose for this? If its not, what would be a good dose? The most I experienced was a tail end 3 or 4 mg dose and the body buzz from that was pretty intense. I have near unlimited access to it so I dont mind experimenting a bit with it before I go all out. This seems to be the recommendations of most people here too.

I'll probably have it sitting around for a few weeks before I completely prepare myself. I know many of you have extensive DMT/5-meo-DMT experience so all help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't want to go for a full blown breakthrough take like 20mg of what you have and load it into a pipe....

If your close enough to the person who extracted it to know what it was extracted from that can help.

I find the best way of producing a titrateable dose method is to get a friend and just throw like 40mg into a blunt or joint.... Pufff pass until you feel you should stop....

It provides a more drawn out experience, and you can keep hitting it until your where you want to be...

Throwing 40-60mg which should be enough to break through into a pipe and hitting that a few times will have you gone...

Subjective effects are really how your probably going to know if its 5-MeO-DMT or N,N-DMT... 5-MeO-DMT is very emotional/mental to a lot of people and not very visual. N,N is very very visual, and i find the headspace to range from mildly chaotic to very lucid and peaceful....

I finally smoked it and wow. That stuff is absolutely nuts. I still have no idea if its N,N or 5-meo, the buzz was pretty visual with a very large body load. It absolutely blew my mind. It seems to be potent as three people I know have broken through at doses ranging from 35-50 mg.

I smoked 30mg with some copy(light brown plant shit) as i was told this potentates it? Im not sure if it did, but I was still tripping very very hard to say the least. No breakthrough, but I imagine I was close.

Next time, which will probably be sooner rather than later, I intend to bump up my dose and go for the breakthrough. :)

DMT advise for a first timer?

I'm going to take some DMT next weekend and I was wondering if anyone out there had some advise for me?

I've read up on it and I'm not new to psychedelics but I am aware that this is going to be a lot different to shrooms, lSD n LSA.

I'm excited about the potential mind-blowing, spiritual trip but is there anything that will help it run a lot smoother? Theres going to be two sitters there at the most (any more I've been told can make you feel uncomfortable). Best way to smoke it? I've never smoked from a bong so if this is a suggestion can you also suggest how long to hold it in for etc.

Thanks for taking the time out to read :)

Smoking is best. 50-100mg minimum first time, any amount will do ,honestly, it can't hurt you!
If you have a vapouriser that works best, otherwise using pipe, bong etc. you need to heat the spice slowly/gently (a bit like rocks?)- direct flame with denature (very bad) the molecule.

I've recently discovered that melting alot of spice into the gauze you're using, putting this in the pipe/bong, then heating directly with (lots of) lighter/s, works really well. I started this because i had trouble getting enough smoke in one lungful, for the full effects, but this works with even the smallest pipe.

The surroundings (as long as you're comfy/safe) do not matter at all. You do not get external stimuli, you go on the trip through your own mind, lower doses obviously have cool sensory distortions, but the big hit is what you want.
!!!!!!You must be aware that your unconscious is the untimate pyschodelic, dont do this if you are simple.!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold down the smoke as long as possible, but you should get the effects after only 2seconds, and then it doesn't matter what you do.

Reality with start disintergrating, you'll fly off through the crazy world of yourown pysche, and by the time (you will have no perception of time) you think you know what you are, you'll be back in the room with a massive grin on your face!!!!!!!!!!!
"What... what... what the... fuck... Crazy, crazy, crazy... er, um, how long was i gone guys?"
THE ABSOLUTE BEST DRUG EVER. praise the spirit molecule!

i myself am a dmt-virgin as well, so im not able to give any advice. however if you got sitters and feel like you can handle id be by yourself fora lil bit.i enjoy the moment of self-discovery and wat not you get when tripping on your own. do share your adventures with us afterwards. good luck happy tripping!

I'm going to take some DMT next weekend and I was wondering if anyone out there had some advise for me?

I've read up on it and I'm not new to psychedelics but I am aware that this is going to be a lot different to shrooms, lSD n LSA.

I'm excited about the potential mind-blowing, spiritual trip but is there anything that will help it run a lot smoother? Theres going to be two sitters there at the most (any more I've been told can make you feel uncomfortable). Best way to smoke it? I've never smoked from a bong so if this is a suggestion can you also suggest how long to hold it in for etc.

Thanks for taking the time out to read :)

First off I would like to say gl and feel honored to be one of the lucky people in this world who get to experiance the wonderfull experiance which is DMT. No1 here will be able to help prepare you for the trip its gonna be the most mind blowing thing you will ever experiance. My advice to you is to just LET YOURSELF GO. Be prepared to have what you know as reality torn apart in front of your eyes and never be able to look at the world the same.This is a truly amazing thing if you truly want it, but like you said you want a spiritual trip so I think you are good. I recommend doing it in a dark or dim lit room. btw whats the most amount of shrooms/ lsd you have done?

As for smoking it DMT has to be vaporized so make sure to use a screen and dont touch the flame to the dmt. If you want to see what DMT is about smoke 50mg. You will not be dissapointed.

I would read as many trip reports on it as possible to help prepare. Maybe listen to some terence mckenna.

thanks guys! im so excited now! I one of the last in my group to try it but im glad I waited, not really a drug to rush into just to say 'you've done it'. Unfortunately dont have a vapouriser but my friends are pretty big weed smokers so getting hold of a bong will be no problem :)

@spirt ive done a moderate dose of lsd and a very strong dose of shrooms and thanks for the advise btw!

Expect to feel like you're dying.

It's a bit startling at first, but try to remember that it's OKAY as you slip off into hyperspace. You're (probably) not actually dying. :D