Bluelight

Thread: Using Ritalin as a substitute for Cocaine + what is better?

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Collapse Details
    Using Ritalin as a substitute for Cocaine + what is better? 
    #1
    Bluelighter Stay.Blazed.420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere up north
    Posts
    546
    I don't have too much experience with cocaine. I have only done it 6 times - but they have all been very recent. (i have been binging.. i know - bad)

    Yesterday i was having some serious cravings. Like for an entire hour driving around waiting for my friend to get off school - that's all i could think about.

    So later than day i did it. And my craving was fulfilled.

    However today i tried snorting ritalin, because back a few months back (almost a year) i tried snorting ritalin and i got very tweaky. Back then i had never done coke so i just assumed that the ritalin was 'something like a coke high'

    Well i railed some today and i have successfully contrasted it to my cocaine high that happened yesterday and the two are very similar.


    Also, does 20 mg of Ritalin have similar effects to adderall? Which is stronger? Also - to those who have tried it, which is MORE like coke? Ritalin or adderall?
    Last edited by Stay.Blazed.420; 12-11-2009 at 06:37.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Greenlighter STress[of]Blliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Far, Far, Away
    Posts
    43
    Many would argue that Methyliphenidate (Ritalin) is not at all close to a replacement for good Cocaine. Myself included. I enjoy both, but don't necessarily associate the two.

    As for the second question, To a point, many stimulants do tend to exhibit at least some likeness or similarities in their effects to other stimulants.
    Personally Adderall is more subtle, whereas Methyliphenidate has a stronger, speedier, grasp as far as effects go.

    And again, in my opinion neither really.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter Stay.Blazed.420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere up north
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by STress[of]Blliss View Post
    Many would argue that Methyliphenidate (Ritalin) is not at all close to a replacement for good Cocaine. Myself included. I enjoy both, but don't necessarily associate the two.

    As for the second question, To a point, many stimulants do tend to exhibit at least some likeness or similarities in their effects to other stimulants.
    Personally Adderall is more subtle, whereas Methyliphenidate has a stronger, speedier, grasp as far as effects go.

    And again, in my opinion neither really.
    Well how much experience do you have using coke? Perhaps the reason i find it very similar to coke is because i haven't abused coke very much. I'm just starting my addiction, and when i tried this, it helped me get past the craving alot.

    Of course, my 'cravings' aren't like a coke addicts 'cravings' so i guess i can't really have an opinion in that matter.

    However, if you're just starting your road to addiction - stop and try ritalin. In my honest opinion, and based on the experience i have, it will help.

    After searching on this forum, i've found out (based on multiple peoples opinions) that Apparently Adderall is MORE speedy, intense, etc.. than ritalin
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelighter pallidamors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bankailorado
    Posts
    7,237
    adderall is stronger than ritalin, and coke is stronger than addys. they all do the same thing, namely, inhibiting dopamine reuptake receptors, but they do this job in different degrees for different amounts of time. i guess if you were truly physically addicted to coke you could use ritalin to taper down or something, otherwise, ritalin would be a paltry substitute, but still a bit speedy, due to its longer half life and weaker binding profile.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    41
    It is easy to think that yayo is stronger than adderall because of its rapid onset, but Adderall is a more powerful psychostimulant, it releases more monoamine neurotransmittersl, it lasts longer, etc. Ritalin is like coke with the jitters, slow onset & not as tasty to snort. Focalin on the other hand can feel similar to yayo aside from the taste and duration.
    Last edited by dukewizard1986; 30-04-2010 at 10:18.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Greenlighter STress[of]Blliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Far, Far, Away
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay.Blazed.420 View Post
    Well how much experience do you have using coke? Perhaps the reason i find it very similar to coke is because i haven't abused coke very much. I'm just starting my addiction, and when i tried this, it helped me get past the craving alot.

    Of course, my 'cravings' aren't like a coke addicts 'cravings' so i guess i can't really have an opinion in that matter.

    However, if you're just starting your road to addiction - stop and try ritalin. In my honest opinion, and based on the experience i have, it will help.

    After searching on this forum, i've found out (based on multiple peoples opinions) that Apparently Adderall is MORE speedy, intense, etc.. than ritalin
    Possibly, everyone's different. Stims really have never gotten me that way, just don't throw me on the addict track, and like I said I've had a history with all the stuff for a bit and have always viewed the drugs each as individual.

    Well I'm glad you found some more info, thats only my experience and interpretation of the substances. We all process things a bit differently, and for me Ritalin and Adderall acts contrary to your opinion. Wait til you've tried each and decide for yourself.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    BL Ambassador Captain.Heroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Posts
    47,494
    This is a pretty basic drug inquiry, I'll move it to BDD.

    Overall, cocaine is not that great of a drug IMO. As far as euphorants go, there are many better ones out there.

    If you know you're "just starting an addiction" why not quit it now while it's still easy?

    When I was using heroin (I have been clean for a whole year), I used cocaine for at least a month at least once a day, and I never craved it. It was a nice synergistic experience with heroin, definitely very intense stuff (it was always good, I have even tried pure coke as it was converted to crack and then back to cocaine hcl), but by itself cocaine isn't that desirable, at least it's not to me.

    If you're already craving coke, I would put it behind you and try psychedelics and stick to weed instead.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    and dont forget heroin, it offsets the coke crash wonderfull.

    (evil laugh)
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter Korn3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,566
    you say that you are just starting your addiction but have only done coke 6 times??

    also, most people can't afford a cocaine addiction. tolerance will build up quick, and with it's short half life you're going to be disappointed with what you're getting with your money.

    save coke for special occasions so that it stays fun.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IndiaNOplace, Indianer
    Posts
    2,183
    If you ever had the unique pleasure of trying "real" cocaine (minus levamisol, amps, ephedrine, etc), then you would find there to be no comparison whatsoever. Since real cocaine is almost identical to the plateau stage of pure MDMA (plateau stage = right after the peak when everything stops shaking and you feel on top of the world), you would find there to be no realistic similarities.

    However, with todays street cocaine being nothing more than some cheap ass edgy, ampy, tweeked, uncomfortable, racimic, non-euphoric, non-sexual and non-talkative buzz, I'd say the comparison is very similiar.

    Best of luck, Le Junk
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter Korn3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Junk View Post
    If you ever had the unique pleasure of trying "real" cocaine (minus levamisol, amps, ephedrine, etc), then you would find there to be no comparison whatsoever. Since real cocaine is almost identical to the plateau stage of pure MDMA (plateau stage = right after the peak when everything stops shaking and you feel on top of the world), you would find there to be no realistic similarities.

    However, with todays street cocaine being nothing more than some cheap ass edgy, ampy, tweeked, uncomfortable, racimic, non-euphoric, non-sexual and non-talkative buzz, I'd say the comparison is very similiar.

    Best of luck, Le Junk
    i have had real coke before that was the purest i had ever seen. the feeling and euphoria it produced was incredible. i'd still rather invest my $ in H tho because it's a lot better bang for the buck. most people can't afford to be tweaked out all day.

    OP will soon find out how expensive that shit gets.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IndiaNOplace, Indianer
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn3x View Post
    i have had real coke before that was the purest i had ever seen. the feeling and euphoria it produced was incredible. i'd still rather invest my $ in H tho because it's a lot better bang for the buck. most people can't afford to be tweaked out all day.

    OP will soon find out how expensive that shit gets.

    Sad, but most likely true.

    LJ
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Le Junk,

    Do you know if the acetone wash will get rid of Levamisol?

    Also, did you see this link?

    http://books.google.es/books?id=Jy6s...age&q=&f=false

    It seems legit, should it be safe to trust that book?

    One thing I've noticed is that it says that caffeine is soluble in hot acetone, but only "very slightly soluble" in cold acetone.

    How does that affect the acetone wash? Should we try to lower the temperature in order to filter caffeine?

    Kind regards.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IndiaNOplace, Indianer
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Leolo View Post
    Le Junk,

    Do you know if the acetone wash will get rid of Levamisol?

    Also, did you see this link?

    http://books.google.es/books?id=Jy6s...age&q=&f=false

    It seems legit, should it be safe to trust that book?

    One thing I've noticed is that it says that caffeine is soluble in hot acetone, but only "very slightly soluble" in cold acetone.

    How does that affect the acetone wash? Should we try to lower the temperature in order to filter caffeine?

    Kind regards.

    That book is one of my first. It's okay, but "The Cocaine Handbook" by David Lee is much much better. You can always adjust temperature to suit and is recommended, though I doubt caffeine is really the problem. Levamisol is just nasty and most likely the culprit. Unfortunately, it seems that Levamisol mimics cocaine solubility on every level I've come across. Let me know as soon as someone solves the riddle on this puzzle.

    Le Junk

    P.S. For some damn reason, I am no longer able to receive notifications for anything. So if anyone needs to get ahold of me, PM me. I check my PM's at least once a month.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •