View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My friend went Psychotic on Acid

MatthewD

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! Yesterday afternoon me and 3 other friends were having a few drinks and a smoke, and we decided to take some acid too. We took 1 tab each, and one of us has 1 and 1/2 (but he was fine).

It was all good until a few hours in when we all started feeling "awkward". This has NEVER happened to any of us on any drug before... Some of us had known eachother for a lifetime and we still felt uncomfortable, and we all had a lot of anxiety building.

Things just got worse and worse, and we all started having a bad trip, but at the same time I was thinking that one of us was making it worse for everyone else. I asked a friend of mine and she said the same thing, she was getting creeped out by one friend of ours. I then noticed her brother, who is my best friend also started feeling really uncomfortable.

This friend of ours was tripping really hard - and he kept getting worse. He started making less and less sense, and we all became EXTREMELY anxious, as his actions started getting a bit dark and spooky. It's like he started to become a creature, and he started speaking absolute jibberish, and he would repeat the same phrases and words over and over again. He wouldn't respond when spoken to, and we all started getting really uncomfortable... Like REALLY uncomfortable. You could just tell something creepy was happening, and we all started piecing together the signs.

This friend of ours grabbed my best friend's sister and started kissing her while holding her head. He'd NEVER do this normally, and him and her were such good friends for almost their whole life. He wouldn't leave her alone and yet at the same time he did not interact with her one bit, he seemed to be possessed or something.

By this stage she was getting terrified and secretly told me she wanted out, and then everything went bad. This friend of ours started smashing glasses out of nowhere, and threw plates on the ground. He got lost in loops of dark depressing stuff, which we believe had something to do with his father dying in a tragic car accident a year earlier.

Example: He was throwing himself all over his room, knocking everything over. He then grabbed all of his medication and pretended to be choking himself up against his light switch on the wall.... He then started talking to his Nan (so he thought). He was saying stuff like "Hi Nan, how are you?...Why weren't you there nan! You were never there! You were never there Nan!". He then mentioned something about "Finally going to do it".

That's only a breif summary of it, and a lot of dark/scary emotions came out of him! We LITERALLY ran out of the building, worried not only about us, but that our friend was going to possibly commit suicide. We have never been that scared in our life. And our friend was going absolutely insane, yelling jibberish and speaking in past tense. He didn't stop speaking for more than 2-3 seconds at a time for literally the last few hours, and we knew something was severaly wrong. We ended up frantically calling an Ambulance which took us almost 20 minutes because we had to escape the resort and then spend ages explaining shit to the Ambulance.

The Ambulance arrived later (we watched from a few blocks away) and the police too. The last thing my friend rememered the next morning was swimming in the pool, then waking up in hand cuffs. He also remembers something about a padded room and weird clothes, but absolutely nothing else from the trip. He had no idea what he was doing!

I believe this was a case of LSD incuded Psychosis, and I believe that the fact he was on Antidepressants and other Anxiety meds, and also recently suffering from internal bleeding in his brain (got rolled at a club) that he just snapped.

What can you guys say about this whole situation? Did we do the right thing thing? If you need anything explained a bit further I'll try my best, as I've forgoten a lot of the exact details/examples of what he was doing, but even the Police said he made no sense hours after he got arrested.

Last edited:
Ummmm yeah, this can happen on acid. If its any consolation, it's best that he remembers very little of the experience. I would recommend your friend avoid acid in the future.

Ummmm yeah, this can happen on acid. If its any consolation, it's best that he remembers very little of the experience. I would recommend your friend avoid acid in the future.

I know it can happen, but he's tripped on Acid before and been fine, and taken much heavier doses. Why was it that this time the 1 tab of Acid seemed like it was actually 100 tabs of Acid? I've been doing Psychosis research and to me it sounds like the fact he's on Antidepressants (not sure of the exact type but they are really strong ones, as he's got stronger ones several times now he said) and took Acid. Also the weed too... He said pretty much everything went down hill after he had his last cone.

Does internal bleeding in your brain also increase the risk? He's had 2 bad concussions in the past few months.

Also, he takes drugs pretty often, and I'm pretty sure he takes pills and drugs like 2C-B almost every weekend. Could withdrawals to them have added more stress/anxiety to it and caused him to snap or something?

I'm really concerned. He honestly sounded like he was going to kill himelf at one stage, and I want to be able to give him some decent advice.

I'd like to hear you explain more, but merely out of voyeurism on my part.

Definitely avoid tripping with him for the rest of your life, but you knew that already.
I think you did the right thing calling an ambulance by preventing his immediate death because who knows what he would have done.

After reading that second post it definitely sounds like he's too fucked up at the moment to be doing acid and have it be a good time for anyone involved.

I'd like to hear you explain more, but merely out of voyeurism on my part.

Definitely avoid tripping with him for the rest of your life, but you knew that already.
I think you did the right thing calling an ambulance by preventing his immediate death because who knows what he would have done.

Yeah, I've told im he shouldn't take Acid or any Psycadelic for a long time (if not never again). Consequently because we called the Ambulance he did get arrested and treated badly by the police, and also got a notice to leave his apartment and is now in shit for the bong found at his place.

Hmm sounds like a shitty consequence, but that part of the night isn't your fault. He's alive isn't he?
Maybe this will give him some impetus to really work on his problems.
My heart goes out to him though, and to you for having to deal with that bullshit.

Yeah, I've told im he shouldn't take Acid or any Psycadelic for a long time (if not never again). Consequently because we called the Ambulance he did get arrested and treated badly by the police, and also got a notice to leave his apartment and is now in shit for the bong found at his place.

That stuff isn't your fault, you did the right thing at the time to keep him from possibly hurting himself.

Give him some love, let him know that you're there for him, and that you'll help him get through these tough times. <3 Things will be okay, for everyone involved-- the situation just needs time to resolve, thats all.

That stuff isn't your fault, you did the right thing at the time to keep him from possibly hurting himself.

Give him some love, let him know that you're there for him, and that you'll help him get through these tough times. <3 Things will be okay, for everyone involved-- the situation just needs time to resolve, thats all.

Yeah we have, and so has everyone who is close to him that knows about what happened. But I really want to know what you guys think caused it.

The fact that acid is not for the mentally disturbed is what caused it.
I don't know the specific details of what caused it though.

if he had internal bleading in his brain prior to this it could explain a lot... furthermore, when one person starts acting strange, anxious or nervous on LSD it can turn everybody elses trip into one of anxiety and unpleasant thoughts....

LSD is very unpredictable, especially when someone who is anxious or depressed takes it....

Set and setting. In this case, Set played the role in your friends psychosis. Your friend had no business dosing...but I guess hindsight is 20/20. Internal bleeding, anti depressant medication (unstable), loss of a loved one unexpectedly. Some drugs have a tendency to bring out all the ugly shadows of your subconscious, and acid is def. one of them.

I hope your friend recovers, and kudos for calling for an ambulance. Who knows what might have happened.

Tomer

Sounds like a bad freak out. I've seen people do some fucked up shit while tripping. Hope you and your friend can work this shit out and things end up okay!

LSD can do that, but the risk is much much higher when combining with medication.. :\

I'm just glad no one is hurt. Impossible to tell if that would be the case if you hadnt called emergency services.

What is that about internal brain bleeding by the way?

I had a weird episode like this once although it wasnt really extreme, the worst thing I did was calling a female friend of mine names. I also took alprazolam that occasion which is an anxiety medicine (a benzodiazepine). That stuff alone can cause amnesia but yeah in combination you can hardly imagine the possible outcomes..

obviously it is not your responsibility to control what your friend does, but in that situation he has no business taking any psycadelic drugs. you guys are lucky it did not end up any worse

issue #1: spontaneously deciding to take the lsd after drinking and smoking, no planning involved. imo one should never just jump into the psycadelic experience without a good deal of planning

issue#2: consuming psycadelics after two bad concussions in the last couple months? i dont really even need to explain that one, seems like common sense to me

issue #3: being on antidepressants (and booz and weed) in combo with the psycadelics. drug combos are always unpredictable, nevermind 4 of them at once.

issue #4: also it is very obvious that im sure your friend is going theough a hard time in his life. if your friend is taking antidepressants for anxiety and things of that nature, i think your friend should be getting his mind back in a good place in a sober state of mind before blowing it apart with lsd.

obviously you are not in control of what your friend is doing, but i think even a little bit of common sense would have completley avoided the situation.

obviously it is not your responsibility to control what your friend does, but in that situation he has no business taking any psycadelic drugs. you guys are lucky it did not end up any worse

issue #1: spontaneously deciding to take the lsd after drinking and smoking, no planning involved. imo one should never just jump into the psycadelic experience without a good deal of planning

issue#2: consuming psycadelics after two bad concussions in the last couple months? i dont really even need to explain that one, seems like common sense to me

issue #3: being on antidepressants (and booz and weed) in combo with the psycadelics. drug combos are always unpredictable, nevermind 4 of them at once.

issue #4: also it is very obvious that im sure your friend is going theough a hard time in his life. if your friend is taking antidepressants for anxiety and things of that nature, i think your friend should be getting his mind back in a good place in a sober state of mind before blowing it apart with lsd.

obviously you are not in control of what your friend is doing, but i think even a little bit of common sense would have completley avoided the situation.

You basically summed it up, but I should have been more specific about our plan. We were originally going to take 2C-B, but this friend of ours could not get any, so we ended up taking Acid instead - which we all knew a day or two earlier.

But thanks everyone for your support.

Definitely sounds like LSD induced psychosis. Ive seen it happen twice and things went way crazy before we could react. 1 guy stabbed himself and another one car jacked an old man. Crazy things can happen when mentally unstable people who dont properly prepare for its power

Good job on calling the ambulance. Things could have gotten much worse if you didn't.

How's he doing now though?

This friend of ours grabbed my best friend's sister and started kissing her while holding her head. He'd NEVER do this normally, and him and her were such good friends for almost their whole life. He wouldn't leave her alone and yet at the same time he did not interact with her one bit, he seemed to be possessed or something.

Example: He was throwing himself all over his room, knocking everything over. He then grabbed all of his medication and pretended to be choking himself up against his light switch on the wall.... He then started talking to his Nan (so he thought). He was saying stuff like "Hi Nan, how are you?...Why weren't you there nan! You were never there! You were never there Nan!". He then mentioned something about "Finally going to do it".

i've had much experience with acid and i can deff say it's not for everybody... why he kissed her like that, maybe the dude had a secret crush on her forever (tripping usually makes you very honest... ask someone who is tripping a personal question and they will tell you their life story!) and the freakout was prolly from his depression.. actually i can bet thats what it was... i mean he obviously needs help, mentaly... maybe its a good thing that happened

i've had much experience with acid and i can deff say it's not for everybody... why he kissed her like that, maybe the dude had a secret crush on her forever (tripping usually makes you very honest... ask someone who is tripping a personal question and they will tell you their life story!) and the freakout was prolly from his depression.. actually i can bet thats what it was... i mean he obviously needs help, mentaly... maybe its a good thing that happened

Well it's funny you say "maybe the dude had a secret crush on her forever", because the girl said to me when we first realized things were getting creepy "he's always liked me and we have always been good friends, but I didn't think he'd do this now!" And one of the things he kept repeating when he was trying to kiss her (even though he would shortly get distracted and ramble on) was "it's like this now is it?" "is it?!" "is it like this?" "hey guys it's like this" so maybe that was some hidden emotion coming out....

Thanks for your advice and the private message, I appreciate your support. We're all fine though, and we didn't know if we'd be able to see him as the same person ever again. But when we woke up the morning after it was just like woah I hope he's alright and we've all spoken to him and seen him and he's mostly embarassed and sorry about it. He's upset he ruined my 18th birthday, but I told him hey that does not matter we were worried about your safety.

werrd man thats whats up.. ha just keep ur boy away from "Lucy and her shroom garden"!