• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My friend went Psychotic on Acid

i don't know if you know that i know that i know im not advanced

though it may seem i think that of myself due to my past conditioning which has resulted in me being egotistical

but in no way do i believe myself to be advanced.
i have much to learn, i don't believe there is an end to self-knowledge or self-awareness.

and i believe the self to be the universe.

His set was not right. He should not have been tripping after losing someone close to him. Try to understand that he was going through extreme emotional turmoil without any defense mechanisms or knowledge of how to control his trip.

Set and Setting is not just some nonsense that psychedelic users like to say. Hallucinating is not easy, even to experienced persons. It requires consciousness of your internal and external environments so the trip goes well. Now that the experience is over, try to comfort him so he does not feel that he was alone in his experience and overflow of emotions.

Also, remember that you do not have to do heroic doses every time you trip. Often less is more with LSD. It is the type of medicine that allows the tripper to dose gradually until a comfortable state is achieved.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Yesterday afternoon me and 3 other friends were having a few drinks and a smoke, and we decided to take some acid too. We took 1 tab each, and one of us has 1 and 1/2 (but he was fine).

It was all good until a few hours in when we all started feeling "awkward". This has NEVER happened to any of us on any drug before... Some of us had known eachother for a lifetime and we still felt uncomfortable, and we all had a lot of anxiety building.

This friend of ours was tripping really hard - and he kept getting worse. He started making less and less sense, and we all became EXTREMELY anxious, as his actions started getting a bit dark and spooky. It's like he started to become a creature, and he started speaking absolute jibberish, and he would repeat the same phrases and words over and over again. He wouldn't respond when spoken to, and we all started getting really uncomfortable... Like REALLY uncomfortable. You could just tell something creepy was happening, and we all started piecing together the signs.

g.

By this stage she was getting terrified and secretly told me she wanted out, and then everything went bad. This friend of ours started smashing glasses out of nowhere, and threw plates on the ground. He got lost in loops of dark depressing stuff, which we believe had something to do with his father dying in a tragic car accident a year earlier.

Example: He was throwing himself all over his room, knocking everything over. He then grabbed all of his medication and pretended to be choking himself up against his light switch on the wall.... He then started talking to his Nan (so he thought). He was saying stuff like "Hi Nan, how are you?...Why weren't you there nan! You were never there! You were never there Nan!". He then mentioned something about "Finally going to do it".

That's only a breif summary of it, and a lot of dark/scary emotions came out of him! We LITERALLY ran out of the building, worried not only about us, but that our friend was going to possibly commit suicide. We have never been that scared in our life. And our friend was going absolutely insane, yelling jibberish and speaking in past tense. He didn't stop speaking for more than 2-3 seconds at a time for literally the last few hours, and we knew something was severaly wrong. We ended up frantically calling an Ambulance which took us almost 20 minutes because we had to escape the resort and then spend ages explaining shit to the Ambulance.

Just because I drink and smoke with someone don't mean I will drop acid with them.

This situation is all your collective group's fault, bad set and setting - in a strange resort complex, strange flat, drunk, stoned , sounds like poor communication between you all - leading to confusion and paranoia.

I fail to see why three of you would "run in fear" from a "lifelong" friend in need, but, I was not there, I suppose.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't think so.

Last edited:
psood0nym, since you seem so advanced...

have you tried scrying?
No need to quote your own question four posts down from its original posting on the same page Medatripper Tates, I just haven’t been online.

Do I scry? Do I look at my own darkened and distorted reflection in some medium that lends the image such a degree of ambiguity that my perceptual system’s shifting interpretations of it are brought to dubious focus by the lens of any one of hundreds of occult theories that have not survived the tests of time and attribute what I see to the work of supernatural forces? Nope. You did read above that I regularly receive fellatio from god, right? These days I don’t need to be spellbound by my reflection in a dimly-lit mirror to see that I’m a pretty huge deal.

Is this question meant to be a segue to suggesting that the OP’s friend’s LSD psychosis was in fact the result of a gypsy curse? Because if not, we’re getting way off topic.

i don't think lsd causes the reverse tolerance your describing. This has not been my experience at all and i have tripped on lsd many times.

An experienced tripper might be able to have a more intense experience than an unexperienced tripper on the same dose but that is only because they are familiar with the headspace and how to work with it and not because of any developed hypersensitivity.

qft

If he was taking lithium carbonate (such as Eskalith), then that would explain the extreme effects produced by lsd.

If not, then perhaps he simply experienced an idiosyncratic reaction to acid, which can after all be unpredictable in its effects on the mind / body.

No need to quote your own question four posts down from its original posting on the same page Medatripper Tates, I just haven’t been online.

Do I scry? Do I look at my own darkened and distorted reflection in some medium that lends the image such a degree of ambiguity that my perceptual system’s shifting interpretations of it are brought to dubious focus by the lens of any one of hundreds of occult theories that have not survived the tests of time and attribute what I see to the work of supernatural forces? Nope. You did read above that I regularly receive fellatio from god, right? These days I don’t need to be spellbound by my reflection in a dimly-lit mirror to see that I’m a pretty huge deal.

Is this question meant to be a segue to suggesting that the OP’s friend’s LSD psychosis was in fact the result of a gypsy curse? Because if not, we’re getting way off topic.

Since you seem so experienced, I was just curious.

I have looked into my girlfriends eyes for half hour and saw myself as many beings back in time. Back to the egyptions, back to the dinosaurs, back to the formation of the solar system, back to the formation of the galaxy, and so forth. I didn't even know my body at that point.

So you regularity receive fellatio from god... many of us trippers do. well god might not be what you think it is.

My girlfriend had a psychotic break, though not a particularly toxic one, this past Halloween. We took about 12-13 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT each, an hour after she took one hit of acid, and 4 hours after I ate two hits ... after 3-4 hours of very pleasant and excited tripping, something just clicked into place in her mind and she started babbling semi-incoherently and didn't stop for an hour (slowed down a little bit after 40 minutes but for the most part stayed in the nonsense-space she was in) ... after which she abruptly shifted back into normal coming-down consciousness and expressed surprise when I explained to her how fucking terrified she'd made me. Turns out she had no idea that what she'd been doing, and her memory of the trip had a nice fat hole in it during the amount of time that she was babbling.

Like I said, I was REALLY scared, because I had no idea what to do and I couldn't communicate with her at all for longer than 2 seconds at a time before she'd launch into a new cyclical line of babble (she repeated herself a LOT). Once she came down and was totally OK, though, we had some nice long talks about what happened and it turns out that not only did she suffer no trauma, but the experience was actually really valuable for her. Once she realized that even though I was totally rattled, I'd be OK, she was fine.

The best way we could come up with for describing what had happened (combining our perspectives on it) was that she was "stuck in an eternal moment of history repeating itself." She was talking about the past, future, and present without drawing distinctions between them ("but then we're going to stay together forever, but then you broke up with your ex, but then I found you again, but then my parents divorced, but we're going to have kids together, but I found you ..." etc., etc., etc.) and she was clearly conscious of too many things at once to get any specific one of them across completely.

I think it's just a fact that sometimes LSD makes you see infinity, and if the filter you see your entire life through makes that look shitty, what happens will be shitty.

This same kind of thing has happened to 2 friends of mine in the past. In my opinion I think they both took more than their mind could handle. One on too much lsd and one on a fairly strong candy flip. They both were effected in a similar way to what you described about your friend. They both say they dont remember being so crazy and psychotic, but the next day you could definitely tell they were effected, even humbled. It changed both of their personalities slightly too, but both eventually returned to the way they were before, from what ive observed anyway. I think the best way to handle it is to get them to go to sleep asap. During the first time this happened I had a good amount of xanax which put the girl to sleep about 30-45min after it started and she woke up a whole lot better, a little benzo high, but definitely back to normal. I dont know if this was the best choice but It definitely was during the situation.

This has happened to me, and I remember the entire experience, except for the parts that are hard to understand. It's not that I don't remember them; it's just that I have no way of understanding what I was experiencing, so the memories are inaccessible. Or, I was able to remember it all, after it happened, but not now. It was several years ago. I took about 8 HBWR seeds, and lost touch with reality. I could still see the room I was in, but I thought it was every room I had ever been in. I knew I was me, but thought I was traveling through time and memories. At points I was spiraling up towards the light, but never reaching it. Red was the answer and I'd scream it out. Yellow was the answer and I'd scream that out. Loving my girlfriend was the answer so I'd scream her name at the top of my lungs. The moon was telling me secrets. At times I was violent, kicking stuff over, punching my friend in the face, pulling my girlfriend out of bed by her hair. The thing is, and I remember this very clearly, I'm sure I had no intention of doing this stuff. I was elsewhere. I had given up free will, and was just watching this stuff happen for no reason. I felt no violent impulses at all. I believe it was because of some sort of separation between the human brain and the mammalian or reptilian brain, and really that seems to make sense - that my higher brain was busy with some insanity it had cooked up, and something else that I was not conscious of took control of my body. Because wouldn't you expect a tripping monkey or lizard to be attacking people and trying to have sex with whatever female was in the room? I had tripped at least 10 times before this and have at least ten times since, and never experienced anything like it.

But, is it normal when taking a higher dose of psychedelics to not be aware that you have taken psychedelics? I can always remembering taking the substance, but it always seems to me like just something incidental, not something that's causing me to experience what I'm experiencing. Sometimes with higher doses of mushrooms I don't even understand that it's something abnormal, or even that anything is normal. It's like I've just been born. Is that normal?

I had a friend go insane on acid also. We all just thought he lost it after a few trips but had sheets under his bed. He was eating a ton, trying to attain something spiritual I think. Its rather disturbing watching a friend go literally insane where he had to be locked up in an institution. I go on for hours with stories about him...