• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Estazolam

Etizolam's Wiki page said it's Sch IV in the US, but it's not on the list published by DEA, i corrected the wikipedia page.

Why is everyone using PEG to dissolve benzos?
Most benzos dissolve fine in plain old ethanol (everclear/rectified spirits)

I was thinking about using a standard 0.13 ml pump-spray. So you can dose it straight without putting it in a drink first... Using straight ethanol for that would probably taste really vile.

Well, i put drops of phenazepam in ethanol on my tongue and it's not that bad. I mean, it doesnt taste good, but a few drops isn't bad at all...

Is it certain that etizolam is unscheduled in the US?
I have seen conflicting sources.

However, it is not on the DEA list of scheduled substances so I would assume that would be a strong indication that it is not scheduled. The confusion stems from the fact that several sources (not just wiki) say that its schedule IV.-DG

1-2mg of Etizolam is comparable to 10mg of diazepam.

So, it's around half the strength of clonazepam/xanax.

Have you taken it TheAzo? Because everybody mentions different dosages.. For example, wiki says:

Dosage
For anxiety: 0,25-0,50 mg two or three times per day (maximum 2 mg per day)
For insomnia: 1 or 2 mg before bedtime

Those kind of dosages would make it basically equivalent to clonazepam and alpraz.

I have not (yet), and even when i get mine (very soon, hopefully), i'm not confident that i'll be able to compare it to clonaz/alpraz with confidence based on experience.

Those numbres are based on an equivalence chart. All the charts i could find placed it as less powerful than clonaz/alpraz...

Yeah those equivelancy charts are only half useful. I see lots of differences between them, maybe because they base them on either hypnotic, anticonvulsant, tranquilizer, etc., etc., value.

On solubility of this (and other benzo's). Is it possible to mix anywhere from 1 to 10 mg's per ml in a PEG400/IPA-solution (4:1)? I haven't seen people go any higher than 2,5mg/ml but if I'm not mistaken injectable Valium is also diaz in PEG/some kind of alcohol and that is 10 mg/ml.

What's the half life of this? Hopefully alot shorter than phenazopam, I rarely have a week to spend on a benzo binge.

^It is a short-to-medium length benzo... I forget the exact figures, but they are in the Wikipedia entry for it...

Cut and pasted from the pharmacology section of the Wikipedia entry on etizolam: The underlined portion refers directly to what you're looking for. The rest is really worth a read too, though...

wikipedia: Pharmacology Subheading said:
Etizolam a thienodiazepine benzodiazepine derivative, is absorbed fairly rapidly with peak plasma levels achieved between 30 minutes and 2 hours and has a mean elimination half life of about 3 and a half hours. However, its pharmacologically active metabolite alpha-hydroxyetizolam which has the same potency as etizolam is eliminated more slowly with a mean half life of just over 8 hours. So it can be classified as a short-medium action benzodiazepine.[10] Etizolam possesses potent hypnotic properties.[11] Etizolam acts as a full agonist at the benzodiazepine receptor to produce its range of therapeutic as well as adverse effects.[12] Similar to other benzodiazepines etizolam binds unselectively to benzodiazepine receptor subtypes.[13]

In addition etizolam unlike most other benzodiazepines has prolactogenic effects leading to an increase in prolactin blood levels.[14]

According to the Italian P.I. sheet etizolam belongs to a new class of diazepines, thienotriazolodiazepines. This new class is easily oxidized, rapidly metabolized, and has a lower risk of accumulation, even after prolonged treatment. Etizolam has an anxiolytic action about 6 times greater than that of diazepam. Etizolam produces, especially at higher dosages, a reduction in time taken to fall asleep, an increase in total sleep time and a reduction in the number of awakenings. During tests there were not substantial changes in deep sleep. There is a reduction of REM sleep. In EEG tests of healthy volunteers Etizolam showed some characteristics of tricyclic antidepressants.[4]

I used to take 3-5mg for sleep, doses under that didnt help much but i have a benzo tolerance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.