• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam

Status
Not open for further replies.

elucidate

Bluelighter
I searched but couldn't find much on this one, and might be trying it out soon.

Has anyone tried this? How euphoric did you find it? What other benzo (if any) does it compare to (effects wise, other than short half-life)?

Last edited:
Jamshyd mentioned this one recently in a Rarest Benzo thread. Gets another mention in the Most Euphoric Benzo thread too. You're a lucky fella - rare as hell and supposed to be one of the best. Report back if you try it cos Jamshyd is the only person on BL I know of that has and would be good to get some more reports even if most of us will never see it.

Jamshyd mentioned this one recently in a Rarest Benzo thread. Gets another mention in the Most Euphoric Benzo thread too. You're a lucky fella - rare as hell and supposed to be one of the best. Report back if you try it cos Jamshyd is the only person on BL I know of that has and would be good to get some more reports even if most of us will never see it.

Wow, didn't know it was that rare, will stock up :)
I'll be sure to post about my experience with this one.

Another question - I've read that it is insoluble in water, but soluble in dilute acid. So if I cook up my gear with a bit of extra citric, would I be able to dissolve a crushed pill in my shot?

...Why would you want to shoot a benzo, when the oral bio availability is already really high?

^ For the increased euphoria that often comes with iv use (think faster onset). Might feel especially good with heroin, hence the question.

Last edited:
Thought it was only a very few benzos that really provide much euphoria when IV'd - none that I've tried but midazolam looks to be about the best although I've not tried that one. No idea about etizolam but I presume the normal "bad idea shooting pills - especially water insoluble ones" would apply and would need to be prepped the same as diazepam and the like - more trouble than it's worth, in other words. I'd definitely stock up though as they seem to only exist in Japan - a real rare treat.

*drug envy*

Another question - I've read that it is insoluble in water, but soluble in dilute acid. So if I cook up my gear with a bit of extra citric, would I be able to dissolve a crushed pill in my shot?

I think you mean that it's not soluble in water, but is soluble in disstiled water?

Like electricity can't travel through pure distilled water, but can travel through average everyday water!:\

I imagine he means in an acid - can't see that distilled water would suddenly make a non-water soluble drug magically water soluble. Most benzos are only soluble in propylene glycol, alcohol and probably some other fairly strong solvents. Citric never worked for benzos for me unless this is one is different to other non-water soluble ones.

erm no not distilled water, dilute acid. "It is practically insoluble in water, but soluble
in dilute acid" - from a WHO document (here).

In terms of therapeutic effects, etizolam has plenty of them, many of which overlap as treatments for other diagnostic criteria. I was perscribed this in Asia. In terms of recreational comparisons... I'd say it's on the level of an alprazolam or lorazepam. If has an 'euphoric' properties, they would not be significantly more pronounced than than those of the aformentioned benzodiazepines. One thing I have read though, is that it is more resistant to tolerance building up than the others (don't take my word for it though, as I forgot where I read that and am too lazy to look it up).

Tablets 60x1mg were acquired today. First impressions are good. Euphoria is present for sure, although I hadn't used benzos for a while before now so I can't make reliable comparisons at the moment. Very relaxing/chilled out benzo, on 4mg so far but not drowsy at all. I find it quite uplifting - I was expecting it to knock my head off but it's fairly subtle. I'd say this is more suited for use as an anxiolytic rather than a hypnotic benzo. On the whole I am pleased. Think I'll be seeing a fair bit more of these little beauties in the future :)
Any questions, fire away.

A friend of mine found Etizolam while looking for something else and as far as he told me, it's anything but rare by now and apparently several times stronger than diazepam. No clue if that's true, though.

^aye i just came across it whilst browsing generally so bluelighted it and came up with this thread

definitely sounds like one to try though, will report back in a week or 2 :D

I found it to be a bit of a disappointment, good for sleep and good recreationally/anti anxiety but no better than diazepam and its left me extremely groggy today (has last ones saturday morning) which i never get from vallies

Got mad memory loss aswel but that'd be because i drank a fair bit with them, thought it was friday today -_-

They were 1mg etilaam brand. Worth getting if available but not worth seeking out over other benzos

In terms of therapeutic effects, etizolam has plenty of them, many of which overlap as treatments for other diagnostic criteria. I was perscribed this in Asia. In terms of recreational comparisons... I'd say it's on the level of an alprazolam or lorazepam. If has an 'euphoric' properties, they would not be significantly more pronounced than than those of the aformentioned benzodiazepines. One thing I have read though, is that it is more resistant to tolerance building up than the others (don't take my word for it though, as I forgot where I read that and am too lazy to look it up).

That pretty much sums it up.

Etizolam is my second favourite benzo (of the 12 or so I'd tried) after Flunitrazepam.

Thanks for the ref, shamby :).

Just saw this new benzo pop up on the RC market. Anyone ever tried it? Any precautions? Seems like an interesting one.

I have, although I had it legally prescribed.

I tried more than 12 benzos (Midazolam and Flunitrazepam included), and I would say that, unlike all benzos, Etizolam actually produces a warm euphoria. I'd definitely give it a thumbs up, but do note that tolerance seemed to build up much more rapidly than other benzos.

Is this scheduled in the US?

I'd love to find a legal shorter acting benzo for opiate withdrawal, phenazepam is just way too long lasting. And after the 3rd day it seems that I no longer feel much withdrawal relief at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.