Bluelight

Thread: Oxycontin 40 mg vs Morphine 100 mg

1. Collapse Details
    Oxycontin 40 mg vs Morphine 100 mg 
    Greenlighter
    I know this may be a difficult question to answer but I have a dillemma between these two. I have a buddy who has these morphine pills (m with a square on one side, 100 on the other). I know that morphine has a much higher bioavailabilty when you IV so I'm thinking it could be a good idea. However, I'm worried that these pills would gel up if I tried it. On the other hand I could get the 40's but they're expensive. However, I'm completely familiar with OC. Not so much with morphine, especially IV morphine. Does anyone use these or know about how a 100 mg morphine compares to a single OC 40 and if the morphine pills gel up? I'm not looking for anything super scientific just a rough estimate. Thanks everyone.

2. Collapse Details

this question could be answered using the search engine. if you're going to IV them, the strength of oxy and morphine are roughly the same. The problem may be that the 100 mg morphine could gel up. it really depends on the brand and type you get. Make sure that the 100 mg is a pill before you get it as well because you won't be able to IV the beads that come inside of a kadian or avinza. do a search on here for "IV 100 mg morphine" or something like that and you should be able to find out how feasible this would be to do. I've only IVed MS contin (brand name) and while it didn't gel up, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience, IMHO oxy feels better, so you gotta consider that too before doing anything.

Be safe though and filter your shot well, if you can use a micron filter, because those binders in the pills are not meant to be shot.

Anyway, just do a bit of searching and welcome to BL!

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Be careful with that morphine, especially if you have never IVed it. I was an opiate addict for four years (2 years sniffing/eating, 2 years shooting) and didn't try morphine until the very end of my 4 years. I was shooting at this time. The closest I had come to shooting morphine was shooting very low quality H. I got pins and needles, rarely, on my very, very big shots. My tolerance was high enough that nothing really got me high any more. Getting high to me, was banging an 8 mg dilaudid, getting a nice 5 second rush, and being completely sober. No other substance could really even give me a rush any more. Then one day I found a 100mg morphine pill. I banged it. Now, there was no real opiate rush, but my entire body was being assaulted by what felt like needletipped burning matchheads. I expected a strong pins and needles from the histamine release associated with morphine, but I never expected it would have me freaking out, mentally, fearing that my heart was about to stop or something unpleasant.

Be careful.

4. Collapse Details

Google could have immediately yeilded the answers you need.

5. Collapse Details
    google 
    Greenlighter
    sorry, I forgot say that I already have done google searches but I found the information to be confusing. Plus, there are many different kinds of morphine pills so it made it even tougher to get real answers. I figured I needed some reliable first hand info. thanks again to the people who answered me.
    - Ben

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Morphine is my DOC,and although Oxy is sometimes a nice change,I would take the morphine.IV morphine just goes so much farther then Oxy.Keeps me from being sick for much longer.and I find its stronger.I wouldn't even feel 60 milligrams of Oxy,but I feel 60 mg's of morphine for sure.

I actually love the pins and needles as well.part of the reason I love morphine.And if you've never shot it before,I would say start with no more then 50 milligrams.Thats going off the info you gave,giving me the idea you can handle a whole OC 40 with no problems.If I get time today,Ill PM you on how to prep morphine pills that gel.Ill give you my own personal micron filter procedure,and what we refer to around here as "The Ghetto Method" for prepping them.

7. Collapse Details

All of the answers you will receive are going to be subjective. Morphine and Oxycodone, both being opiates, are very different. Morphine is going to give you a much more sedated high with an often overwhelming histamine reaction and a "pins and needles" feeling. Oxycodone, the drug you're more familiar with, gives most users an energetic high. Since my tolerance is so high, I would personally go for the morphine (crushed and taken orally) because the high has more "legs" to it, meaning it lasts longer than the 45min. Oxy high. Oxycodone's high is not a sustaining one for me. But overall, I prefer the semi-synthetic high of oxy, hydro and fent compared to heroin, codeine and morphine, which are natural opiates. Hope that gives you a little background on the differences in the highs themselves. Another benefit morphine may have is that it's often cheaper than oxy. To each, his own.

8. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by OntarioGuy View Post
    And if you've never shot it before,I would say start with no more then 50 milligrams.
    If you have no opiate tolerance, 50mg might be too much just FYI. You can always do more, not less.

VS threads aren't really accepted here too much, plus this is quite basic. Without having morphine and knowing which brand you have, you can't really find out if it's IVable.

In any situation, order micron filters for either OC's or morphine. Either needs to be micron filtered if you're going to shoot it for any length of time.

OD -> BDD

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^Yeah,I said 50 milligrams because he said he is completely familiar with OC's

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    As with every drug opposition question, think carefully about what you are choosing.

IV'ed M IME is better than Oxy - subject to quality ofc. The M however has the risks of gelling.

There is a lot more to it as my knowledge and experience is very basic and limited, just research them both thoroughly, highs can wait in most cases, where as dangers are timed.

Just research, consider, repeat, then get high!

Please do not blame pedanticity or yada yada, I'm finally following the sites purpose and promoting harm reduction.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalist View Post
    I know this may be a difficult question to answer but I have a dillemma between these two. I have a buddy who has these morphine pills (m with a square on one side, 100 on the other). I know that morphine has a much higher bioavailabilty when you IV so I'm thinking it could be a good idea. However, I'm worried that these pills would gel up if I tried it. On the other hand I could get the 40's but they're expensive. However, I'm completely familiar with OC. Not so much with morphine, especially IV morphine. Does anyone use these or know about how a 100 mg morphine compares to a single OC 40 and if the morphine pills gel up? I'm not looking for anything super scientific just a rough estimate. Thanks everyone.
    In my opinion it's two totally different high.. I love oc, but if I can't get my hands on any I go with all other op's. I have 50mg in capsules morphine dropped 3 in a cup crushed em poured water (not hot) and drank the sickest most disgusting drink I've ever had in my life.... BUT it was all worth it, immediate rush about 10min after drank. PM me if you want more info.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OPsFORME View Post
    In my opinion it's two totally different high.. I love oc, but if I can't get my hands on any I go with all other op's. I have 50mg in capsules morphine dropped 3 in a cup crushed em poured water (not hot) and drank the sickest most disgusting drink I've ever had in my life.... BUT it was all worth it, immediate rush about 10min after drank. PM me if you want more info.
    you say that because you never drank paregoric.really disgusting.I prefer oxy