• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you, as a psychonaut, drink/smoke/toke?

Weed = daily; it's my medicine. Cigs = quit in January. Alcohol = socially and rarely to inebriation.

I'm a weekend drinker. I rarely if ever drink on a day that isn't friday or saturday.. at least these days anyways.. I used to drink everyday, and not in moderation.

However, regarding psychedelics, I always drink when I trip, the two go hand in hand for me.

Cigs, no... I never understood cigs.. they're not exactly cheap.. they're AWFUL for you.. and well, they don't really get you high.. maybe initially.. but once you become an everyday smoker..

Bud- no, it doesn't agree with me. I feel dumb on it.

I would refer to myself as a "psyconaut" and personally, I smoke cannabis a good amount, like a bowl or two every other day, maybe a blunt every once in a while when i get together with friends, probably anywhere from a 1/4 to a 1/2 ounce a month. I only drink alcohol on occasion, i havent now for a good 3 or 4 months. I don't smoek tobacco either. I do have an occasional cigarette if i do drink alcohol, but never any other times. I don't really think this has anything to do with using psychedelic drugs. I used to drink daily aswell as use LSD 4 or 5 times a week. Now that i'm going to college, i've slowed down on both, even my cannabis use, which used to be like 2oz a month
So for me...

Occasional cigarette, Occasional drink, Frequent use of cannabis :)

I was a D.A.R.E. kid. I have never tried tobacco or marijuana. I have tried alcohol on a few occasions but always found it, regardless of product, to taste too repulsive to ever try it again.

The fact that I don't do MJ might be weakening my trips a bit, but I have a tough time entertaining the thought of smoking anything, period.

A D.A.R.E. kid that indulges in psychedelics but never tried MJ or tobacco? Thats kind of crazy...and really, I think that smoking marijuana kind of weakens your trips, not strengthens them. So if you're worried about not using MJ makin gyour trips weaker i think you're straight.

I very rarely drink booze, but I smoke about 15 handrolled cigs a day, and smoke weed about five times a week or thereabouts. I do drink a fuckload of coffee though :\

A D.A.R.E. kid that indulges in psychedelics but never tried MJ or tobacco? Thats kind of crazy...and really, I think that smoking marijuana kind of weakens your trips, not strengthens them. So if you're worried about not using MJ makin gyour trips weaker i think you're straight.

mj weakens trips? sure about that one?

Yes, No, Yes

I enjoy the occasional glass of wine with my meal but that's all really. I very very rarely drink to get drunk. Alcohol is a serious poison when consumed in large amounts.
I used to smoke tobacco a number of years ago but quit due to rising cigarette prices and concern for my health. I do own a hookah but don't use it often.
I've been smoking cannabis for 5+ years, but took a much needed break in october and have no plans to resume until at least 2010.
We should get a poll going :)
swilow said:
I very rarely drink booze, but I smoke about 15 handrolled cigs a day, and smoke weed about five times a week or thereabouts. I do drink a fuckload of coffee though :\
Yes my caffeine use is pretty high as well. I'm looking to lower it in the coming months by a significant amount.

lol... nitrous as an mj substitute. theres a funny thought. really though i know a lot of people who dont smoke mj when they trip and its plenty good enough for them, so i dont think youre missing out that badly, especially since you arent someone who would enjoy smoking it. maybe you could try a vape or something if you wanted to give it a go.

Weed weakens your trips? Next time take the biggest bong rip you can on a say 3 hits of acid or an 1/8 of mushrooms and let me know if you change your mind.

I've been taken to some pretty crazy places after a bong rip. It really melds the visual field together and brings out the introspective side, but it can add a lot of confusion.

I consider myself a pot head, love pot on psychedelics as well as pot by itself.

I drink occasionally, i see very little productive coming from it. If i am going to get a hangover, i might as well enjoy the time before it, which is why i tolerate MDMA comedowns.....

I am a regular cigarette smoker.

^ Now that's all a matter of opinion. Smoking regularly isn't good, but having the odd one here or there is great.

I smoke maybe a pack a year. That's cheaper than 1 acid tab. ;)

I don't trip too often these days, but in the past I've tripped out almost every weekend for months at a time. I don't smoke cigarettes at all ever. I drink on occasion, but not to the point of getting drunk. But I do toke regularly, however it's a lot less than I used to.

I usually smoke weed just on the weekends. I need my head about me at work so I don't smoke during the week. I almost always toke when I dose a psychedelic. I've noticed the visual component (for me) is amplified when I do, and I like the breathing/swimming patterns/shifting colors which aren't nearly so apparent unless my dose is high. It usually takes about 3g of cubes to get good visuals for me, otherwise its just body high and intensified color. I can do about 2g and toke and get the same visual effects as I would on a significantly higher dose.
Cigarettes? I've cut back from a few a day habit to one or less a week. (I'm so proud of me!)

Last edited:
I smoke close to a pack a day, drink beer upwards of 5 times a week, smoke cannabis everyday usually in conjunction with large amounts of alcohol, I get paranoid when I smoke it by itself, but since I've been taking tramadol my alcohol intake has been reduced to once a week or twice at the most, and on a day I am not taking the tramadol, marijuana has been reduced quite a bit but I'll still take a toke or two if I'm on the tramadol wheras I will not have any drinks on a day I am riding the tram, this also unfortunately disqualifies me from psychadelic use at the moment due to serotonin syndrome risk, I do plan of resuming my love affair with psychs after a quick taper of the tram in about a month.

I smoke Cigarettes daily, probably around 10-15 a day. In the process of cutting down atm, and hoping to eventually quit within the coming months =)
Alcohol has lost nearly all of its appeal lately, the cost is just insane and what do you get out of it? A headache.. Although there was an extened period of time where I found myself drinking everyday, was not productive at all. these days alcohol is confined to beer, and used sporadically probably less than ounce a week.

Weed on the other hand is a constant thing in my life, I couldnt even comprehend tripping without it. As it is I smoke daily, with a couple days off every few weeks to try and keep my insane tolerance in check.
I see very little issues with regular marijuana usage, especially when comparing it to other popular downers which tend to have alot more issues surrounding them. I find it very helpfull with my sleeping/appetite issues, and without it I'd most likely be on daily meds which are guaranteed to cause more problems then daily pot smoking =)

Relating this to tripping.. I trip pretty much on a weekly basis on some chem or another, I always combine this with weed (usually reserved for the ride out, maybe one cone on the way up) as well as my usual nicotine intake and sometimes conservative amounts of alcohol depending on what direction the trip takes me.

I do not smoke tobacco and drink almost no alcohol. cannabis I consider as a psychedelic and I use it maybe once every two months.

alcohol - had a terrible experience with it 5 years ago, havent touched it since. prefer to use substances to turn the brain on, not off.

cigarettes - never tried. seen too many negative side effects to ever care about any positives associated with cigarettes (stress relief, social connection, etc).

weed - havent tried (yet?). i'm just not a fan of smoking things in general. people often tell me that "weed is nothin." but that doesnt really entice me to try it. if it's nothing, why do it at all, ya know? i know it's just a figure of speech, i've just been putting it off.

friends and acquaintances of mine that dont use illicit substances are often times confused when they find out my drug usage details. they think it's strange that i do "hard drugs" like lsd and mdma but don't do the social norms like the aforementioned 3. imo, anyone who thinks LSD is "harder" than alcohol, either a) probably hasnt used LSD, b) doesn't know themselves well enough to use LSD in a safe way and/or b) has never been drunk.

I used to always drink throughout my entire night of tripping, only stopping to pack a lip of dipping tobacco. I very much enjoy both alcohol and dip on psychedelics.