• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shooting ritalin

Hypertension isn't good for any organ. Stimulant abuse also permanently kills dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra of the brain as well. Loss of 70-80% of these cells results in symptoms identical to those in Parkinsons disease. We naturally lose these neurons at a rate of 0.5-1% per year, but abusing stimulants causes then to die at a much faster rate.

I am sorry to say but I failed ya. I could only last about a half hour and I was so stressed and with like 30 more of these pills at my disposal I couldnt win the battle.

I have prob done close to 10 more pills since I made that promise to quit and now I am feeling some bad effects from it. My stomach is hardening up, my chest feels so tense but my heart rate isnt high, its about 100bpm which for my size is actually low, kinda contradicts what these pills are suppose to be doing so I think Im going downhill from here, and I mean major.

Ive been at it for 15hrs straight, ive prob injected at least 30 pills no exxageration.

I need some advice fast, my vision is beginning to blur(no joke) and like I said i feel like my guts are hardening really bad and now I cant spell worth a shit on here. What should I do? I think I killed my liver (or came damn close to it).

who should I call for an emergency, 911 or poison control? Im being very serious btw in case anyone thinks this is a joke. If someone could be so kind and save a life please look up online poison control for north fort myers florida, zip code 33917, I cant see anything anymore, I dont even know how well I am spelling because my vision is so blurry. Somone help!!!!

I may create another thread for this if I have it in me to do it.

I am sorry to say but I failed ya. I could only last about a half hour and I was so stressed and with like 30 more of these pills at my disposal I couldnt win the battle.

I have prob done close to 10 more pills since I made that promise to quit and now I am feeling some bad effects from it. My stomach is hardening up, my chest feels so tense but my heart rate isnt high, its about 100bpm which for my size is actually low, kinda contradicts what these pills are suppose to be doing so I think Im going downhill from here, and I mean major.

Ive been at it for 15hrs straight, ive prob injected at least 30 pills no exxageration.

I need some advice fast, my vision is beginning to blur(no joke) and like I said i feel like my guts are hardening really bad and now I cant spell worth a shit on here. What should I do? I think I killed my liver (or came damn close to it).

who should I call for an emergency, 911 or poison control? Im being very serious btw in case anyone thinks this is a joke. If someone could be so kind and save a life please look up online poison control for north fort myers florida, zip code 33917, I cant see anything anymore, I dont even know how well I am spelling because my vision is so blurry. Somone help!!!!

I may create another thread for this if I have it in me to do it.

Call 911 and let them know exactly what you took and how much.

Call 911 and let them know exactly what you took and how much.

Could I tell them I just did coke? I dont want to get my freind who is prescribed them into trouble and he has been telling me to stop all night long so he shoudnt be responsible for my actions. Wll it show up as the same thing as cocaine in my sytem? I read about it earlier but I cant htink atm..

Could I tell them I just did coke? I dont want to get my freind who is prescribed them into trouble and he has been telling me to stop all night long so he shoudnt be responsible for my actions. Wll it show up as the same thing as cocaine in my sytem? I read about it earlier but I cant htink atm..

I think you should tell them what you took so they can best treat you. I doubt it would show up as cocaine on a drug test.

If anyone asks you, just say you bought them off some random person you met at a bar and you didn't know them.

I think you should tell them what you took so they can best treat you. I doubt it would show up as cocaine on a drug test.

If anyone asks you, just say you bought them off some random person you met at a bar and you didn't know them.

Alright Ill prob say that if I call 011 which I might not ebcause poison control center told me I would experience rapid heart beating but I havent been getting that symptom from shooting them, that happened when I injested 4 of them at once orallly , but since I have only been shooting 1 up at a time I havent been having heart problems but my chest does feel stressed out and my stomach feels like its hardening up on me so idk if that is a sign that it is desroying me from the inside out and killing me.

To be honest Im still shooting them up and on prob close to 40 pills now which would mean ive done about 800mg os ritalin and Im not dead yet.

Alright I have a question. Is it too late for me health wise as much as I have done? Imean if I stop now, are my organs already screwed up to the point of no return? I mean because of me shooting up about 800mg of ritalin in the last 15hrs, are my organs already going to be messed up for life?

no,your body will probably recover.But shooting cotton filtered methylphenidate tablets certainly isn't something you should make a habit of.Like everyone else has pointed out,the long term health risks out weigh the short lived(though quite euphoric imo/ime)high.

Drugs affect everyone differently. If you aren't feeling ALL of the symptoms of OD doesn't mean you haven't OD'd. Some people experience rapid heart beat and others different symptoms. Get yourself to an ER immediately.

Also the vein clogging can come on at any time. What happens is the talc in the pills pass through the blood vessels until they lodge in the capillaries where they stop blood flow. You could wake up tomorrow with painful fingertips and dusky skin color which will eventually become gangrene. Shooting pills is a bad idea period.

Holy...Go to the ER immediately....and be labeled an IV drug user,even though he feels completely fine?Im sure his little IV ritalin experiment didn't go that bad....

Alright people I just got back from the hospital. I had to call 911 because I was beginning to have a bunch of diff problems including breathing problems, and I felt like I was having a heart attack, my whole body started to have stinging feelings all over similliar to what ppl describe when having heart attacks.

Anyways, I called 911 right after I made my last post and Ive been in the hospital since. Using ritalin via IV was def not a good idea and I will never do it agian. The amount I did I was told should have destroyed my kidneys but I was fortunate to have fully recovered. I felt like I was going to die on the stretcher shortly after arriving to the er and I couldnt even talk it got so bad. My heart rate also reached over 170bpm which was way too high, average for my size should have been around 110. Now I know from experience shooting ritalin, at least w/o those filters everyone talks about is a bad idea, I just got done learning the hard way.

Alright people I just got back from the hospital. I had to call 911 because I was beginning to have a bunch of diff problems including breathing problems, and I felt like I was having a heart attack, my whole body started to have stinging feelings all over similliar to what ppl describe when having heart attacks.

Anyways, I called 911 right after I made my last post and Ive been in the hospital since. Using ritalin via IV was def not a good idea and I will never do it agian. The amount I did I was told should have destroyed my kidneys but I was fortunate to have fully recovered. I felt like I was going to die on the stretcher shortly after arriving to the er and I couldnt even talk it got so bad. My heart rate also reached over 170bpm which was way too high, average for my size should have been around 110. Now I know from experience shooting ritalin, at least w/o those filters everyone talks about is a bad idea, I just got done learning the hard way.

Man, I'm really glad to hear you're ok and called for help!

Holy...Go to the ER immediately....and be labeled an IV drug user,even though he feels completely fine?Im sure his little IV ritalin experiment didn't go that bad....

Good call OntarioGuy, way to contribute to harm reduction here 8)

Good call OntarioGuy, way to contribute to harm reduction here 8)

Well Im hoping anyone in the future who decides to search about shooting these up will find this and find out how dangerous it is. Im glad I lived through it and I hope creating this thread might help save someone who might otherwise just go ahead and do it and mess themselves up.

140mg of IV ritalin is a really large amount, I wouldnt do anymore.

In the other thread I was telling ya about how Oxycontin was one of the worst things to shoot, well Ritalin is THE worst thing to shoot as far as pills are concerned. It has tons of talc and other nasty stuff that build up in the lungs and basically cause emphysema, google "ritalin lung" for alot more info on that.

This thread has a lot of info on what is in certain pills and what can get through micron filters. You need 0.22 filters, and these will even filter out bacteria (not viruses though)

I PM'd TheDankaholic for you earlier re: the micron filters

Any chance you could pm him agian because I havent recieved a pm from him, idk if I can even recieve pms not having bluelighter status. If he cant pm me, what should I do to get into contact with him?

One other thing I learned while at the hospital is that ritalin and cocaine do not show up as the same thing in a toxicology test. I showed positive for coke as well as the ritalin so theres no getting away with using coke if you get tested and think you can use ritalin as an excuse.

One last thing I want to mention and I promise I wont post 2x in a row.

For some crazy reason the other night when I was injecting all that ritalin it was the first time since I was 17 and started shooting up that I was able to use the same vein this many times in one night.

Now I have done alot of partying with injecting coke and I would sit there for hours and shoot up a whole 3 grams in a row non stop and if anyone who knows anything about shooting coke knows that you will keep shooting it till it is gone and I have had to use many diff veins because I would start with my left arm vein prob about 15x or more untill it stop drawing back up blood, but the other night I didnt have to hit any other veins. It drew up blood first try every time and I must have hit it at least 80 times because for each pill I did I would also shoot the leftovers and a few times when I didnt have anymore with me when I was partying at my neighbors I would get the 3rds off one pill so I might have hit my vein close to 90 times.

Now when I told the doctors this at the hospital they told me I would prob have abcess developing because no1 hits a single vein that many times successfully. They said I should have abcess due to missing the vein but guess what? I didnt miss my vein ever and there was no abcess, and my skin never rose up during a blast which is what you would normally see when you miss the vein. I een read on here that missing with ritalin and other pills that were not meant to be shot up would cause all sorts of problems, I had none so I know I hit it right every time. ANyone else ever heaard of anyone being able to hit the same vein this many times in a row without killing it or at least rendering ti useless?

Now I dont know if this mihgt be a factor but before I shot these ritalins up the other night I had not shot up in prob a good 8 months or more and my skin is very thin around where I shoot up in the vein due to an infection I got many years back where it caused the arm to rise up almost to the size of a baseball litterally and it started to form a volcano shaped top where the skin was stretching way too much, kind like what you see when you start to over pressurize a bike tire, you will notice spots on the tire that are deforming because the tire wasnt meant to hold that much pressure.

So I drained my abcess and I was left with that part of my skin that stretched out as a thin piece of skin that looks like a crater in my arm but it is so thin I think it causes the needle to deform less when it is penetrating my skin so it is less likely to do as mcuh damage to the vein as it would if it had to penetrate a normal layer of skin, and since I had a whole box of 100 syrynges and I was using a new one every couple pills that was prob why I was able to use the same vein that many times.

Last edited:
Well I read up on shooting it and all of the precautions and effects of it because I got a bunch from someone. I went ahead and tried a 20mg methylphenidate and I cant say I feel much of anything. I def dont feel like I just did a blast of coke, the only similarity I feel is the urge to have to take a shit lol.

What am I suppose to be feeling? I didnt have these micron filters everyone talks about but I did filter it 3 times with 3 diff qtips and the water was perfectly clear after the 3rd filter.

Also should I try more than just a 20mg at once to get the effect Im looking for?
Listen Swim gets 90 of'em a month and that person starts off with shooting about 5 or 6 to start off with and believe me it IS like a blast of coke, but it lasts alot longer. And yes it is completely dangerous but if you've already resorted to injecting drugs you've probably done more dangerous shit anyway. He loves it! But he only does It once a month because if you do it constantly you'll probably fuck yourself up very quickly

Listen Swim gets 90 of'em a month and that person starts off with shooting about 5 or 6 to start off with and believe me it IS like a blast of coke, but it lasts alot longer. And yes it is completely dangerous but if you've already resorted to injecting drugs you've probably done more dangerous shit anyway. He loves it! But he only does It once a month because if you do it constantly you'll probably fuck yourself up very quickly

Well as for comparing it with coke, I was prob not doing enough in one hit so I wasnt feeling all the same effects. With coke my ears would ring, and I would get a ton of energy out of nowhere but wouldnt last but 5 minutes. With ritalin it does give me a bunch of energy and does last longer but no ear ringing effect but ya, I was only using one pill at a time. When I popped 4 at once my heard felt like it was going to explode so I didnt dare shoot more than one pill at a time. I dont really want to shoot ritalin agian because another similiar effect is the comedown. It makes me all anxious and depressed.