• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

shooting ritalin

akdroid

Bluelighter
Well I read up on shooting it and all of the precautions and effects of it because I got a bunch from someone. I went ahead and tried a 20mg methylphenidate and I cant say I feel much of anything. I def dont feel like I just did a blast of coke, the only similarity I feel is the urge to have to take a shit lol.

What am I suppose to be feeling? I didnt have these micron filters everyone talks about but I did filter it 3 times with 3 diff qtips and the water was perfectly clear after the 3rd filter.

Also should I try more than just a 20mg at once to get the effect Im looking for?

One more question. Is it safe to shoot up a couple more since I didnt feel anything the first time? When I would do coke I would sit there and shoot over and over till the coke was gone, is it dangerous to shoot this continuously like coke?

well these are terrible to shoot without a micron filter,but I enjoy them.(I use a micron filter though)I usually do 50-60 milligrams per shot when I choose to IV ritalin.(which is rarely,and filtered very well)

And shooting continuously is not safe.ritalin is really hard on the veins.especially if you dont have a micron filter.also each time you pierce your skin,you're giving bacteria a chance/place to enter the body.

well these are terrible to shoot without a micron filter,but I enjoy them.(I use a micron filter though)I usually do 50-60 milligrams per shot when I choose to IV ritalin.(which is rarely,and filtered very well)

And shooting continuously is not safe.ritalin is really hard on the veins.especially if you dont have a micron filter.also each time you pierce your skin,you're giving bacteria a chance/place to enter the body.

Would the bacteria come from the ritalin or is it a risk for shooting anything with or w/o a micron filter? I also looked at a pic showing what shooting ritalin does to the vein, it shows the vein closing up where the needle has been entering, so if this is what I have to worry about Im not too worried because I'de have to hit this same vein in my arm about 20 times in one night before it begins to not work, and I dont plan on shooting ritalin up that many times in one night.

Also I dont have to work very hard at hitting this vein because a few years back I ended up with an infection from injecting full 3m syringes full of up to 120mg of oc into my arm w/o hitting the vein properly.My arm blew up to the size of a baseball no joke and it started to turn into a point at the top of it. It became very painfull so I took matters into my own hands and I poked the top of it with of course a syringe and drained the abcess(sp). When the infection was gone I was left with a crater in my arm right over the vein I was hitting so now it is nothing more than a very thin layer of skin and the vein underneath is still healthy and hit very easy because theres almost no skin to give the needle a hard time passing through so my needles dont get all jacked up when they reach the vein. This makes it easy to both hit the vein, and stay in the vein without going to far and messing it up like it was shown in the pic where it depicts the vein being damaged on both the entry point and where the needle hits the bottom and causes it to slowly close up the more it is used.

Now if you are saying that it will do damage elsewhere in other veins besides where I am shooting, then I might have a problem. I need to know if it causes this damage in the long run, or if it will all of a sudden clog up my veins while doing it the first night? I need to know because Im still booting these pills tonight and I need to know if I should stop tonight before its too late and I end up dead.

And for reference I have shot up prob 6 or 7 of these 20mg pills since I made this thread so someone please tell me if I am overdoing it asap so I can stop before its too late. Im about to do my 7th or 8th pill right now but its been prob at least an hour since the last time I booted so someone with experience in shooting ritalins up please tell me as soon as you read this if I have done way too much. and I should stop before I kill myself.

A friend of mine just got out of the hospital from nearly LOSING HIS ARM from shooting ritalin!

DONT TO IT ANYMORE!

Would the bacteria come from the ritalin or is it a risk for shooting anything with or w/o a micron filter? I also looked at a pic showing what shooting ritalin does to the vein, it shows the vein closing up where the needle has been entering, so if this is what I have to worry about Im not too worried because I'de have to hit this same vein in my arm about 20 times in one night before it begins to not work, and I dont plan on shooting ritalin up that many times in one night.

Also I dont have to work very hard at hitting this vein because a few years back I ended up with an infection from injecting full 3m syringes full of up to 120mg of oc into my arm w/o hitting the vein properly.My arm blew up to the size of a baseball no joke and it started to turn into a point at the top of it. It became very painfull so I took matters into my own hands and I poked the top of it with of course a syringe and drained the abcess(sp). When the infection was gone I was left with a crater in my arm right over the vein I was hitting so now it is nothing more than a very thin layer of skin and the vein underneath is still healthy and hit very easy because theres almost no skin to give the needle a hard time passing through so my needles dont get all jacked up when they reach the vein. This makes it easy to both hit the vein, and stay in the vein without going to far and messing it up like it was shown in the pic where it depicts the vein being damaged on both the entry point and where the needle hits the bottom and causes it to slowly close up the more it is used.

Now if you are saying that it will do damage elsewhere in other veins besides where I am shooting, then I might have a problem. I need to know if it causes this damage in the long run, or if it will all of a sudden clog up my veins while doing it the first night? I need to know because Im still booting these pills tonight and I need to know if I should stop tonight before its too late and I end up dead.

And for reference I have shot up prob 6 or 7 of these 20mg pills since I made this thread so someone please tell me if I am overdoing it asap so I can stop before its too late. Im about to do my 7th or 8th pill right now but its been prob at least an hour since the last time I booted so someone with experience in shooting ritalins up please tell me as soon as you read this if I have done way too much. and I should stop before I kill myself.

140mg of IV ritalin is a really large amount, I wouldnt do anymore.

In the other thread I was telling ya about how Oxycontin was one of the worst things to shoot, well Ritalin is THE worst thing to shoot as far as pills are concerned. It has tons of talc and other nasty stuff that build up in the lungs and basically cause emphysema, google "ritalin lung" for alot more info on that.

This thread has a lot of info on what is in certain pills and what can get through micron filters. You need 0.22 filters, and these will even filter out bacteria (not viruses though)

I PM'd TheDankaholic for you earlier re: the micron filters

140mg of IV ritalin is a really large amount, I wouldnt do anymore.

In the other thread I was telling ya about how Oxycontin was one of the worst things to shoot, well Ritalin is THE worst thing to shoot as far as pills are concerned. It has tons of talc and other nasty stuff that build up in the lungs and basically cause emphysema, google "ritalin lung" for alot more info on that.

This thread has a lot of info on what is in certain pills and what can get through micron filters. You need 0.22 filters, and these will even filter out bacteria (not viruses though)

I PM'd TheDankaholic for you earlier re: the micron filters

Thank you for pming him for me. I tried pming him earlier and it didnt go through because I dont have bluelighter status yet but I would be interested in getting some of these filters from him.

About these problems ppl get with shooting ritalin. Do they get these problems after using them for a long period of time, or can it happen to me like tonight having been the first time Im doing them?

EDIT: I forgot to ask about the bacteria thing you mentioned. Is this just a general risk ppl run into when injecting w/o using a micron filter, or is it something that happens with ritalin?

EDIT#2(lol) As for the 140m Ive done in total, I didnt do it up in one blast, Thats just how much Ive done within the last 5hrs and like I said, after about the 6th pill I did I went at least an hour before starting agian. I was wondering how much is the most anyone here has claimed to have done within this short time period? Ive seen ppl say they have done like 160mg of ritalin in one shot, so I wouldnt imagine I should die from using that same amount in a spread out manner like I did, having only shot only one pill at a time till ive done a total of 140mg in 5hrs.

I also want to know what I have to do to get bluelighter status? Ive been a member here for a few month, I dont have a huge post count at least compared to others here but ya, what do I have to do to get it because I want to communicate with this guy via pms about these micron filters.

Last edited:
Thank you for pming him for me. I tried pming him earlier and it didnt go through because I dont have bluelighter status yet but I would be interested in getting some of these filters from him.

About these problems ppl get with shooting ritalin. Do they get these problems after using them for a long period of time, or can it happen to me like tonight having been the first time Im doing them?

EDIT: I forgot to ask about the bacteria thing you mentioned. Is this just a general risk ppl run into when injecting w/o using a micron filter, or is it something that happens with ritalin?

The lung problem would be farther down the road. Other problems like tissue death, vessel blockage, etc could happen tonight or anytime you shoot the stuff. Talc, microcrystaline cellulose, and other stuff build up in tissues and clog up vessels all the time. Thats what causes people losing arms/legs and things from it.

Bacteria is a general risk that people run into when injecting things. Everything around us is basically crawling with bacteria, so unless everything is radiation sterilized or autoclaved, you're going to be injecting bacteria along with whatever else. The bacteria that is on us all the time is harmless on the outside as the body has membranes (skin, etc) as well as stomach acidity and other mechanisms to kill it or prevent it from getting into our blood. When you inject, you bypass all these mechanisms. This can lead to blood infections, infections of the heart and other tissues. Not good at all. Micron filters that are 0.2um or 0.22um have pores small enough that bacteria are too large to fit through them, so they are filtered out as well.

The lung problem would be farther down the road. Other problems like tissue death, vessel blockage, etc could happen tonight or anytime you shoot the stuff. Talc, microcrystaline cellulose, and other stuff build up in tissues and clog up vessels all the time. Thats what causes people losing arms/legs and things from it.

Bacteria is a general risk that people run into when injecting things. Everything around us is basically crawling with bacteria, so unless everything is radiation sterilized or autoclaved, you're going to be injecting bacteria along with whatever else. The bacteria that is on us all the time is harmless on the outside as the body has membranes (skin, etc) as well as stomach acidity and other mechanisms to kill it or prevent it from getting into our blood. When you inject, you bypass all these mechanisms. This can lead to blood infections, infections of the heart and other tissues. Not good at all. Micron filters that are 0.2um or 0.22um have pores small enough that bacteria are too large to fit through them, so they are filtered out as well.

I appreciate all your help. I was also wondering if there are risks of overdosing on these ritalins tonight because I hear them being compared to cocaine all the time and Ive shot up to 3 grams of coke within an hour and a half, or however long it took to shoot 3grams like a chain till it was gone so if the risks are the same between coke and ritallin then I should fine doing another couple pills because 8 pills I doubt weighs 3grams.

Alright heres my new question. If I were to overdose on ritalin tonight, would it happen right after taking the shot, or will later on my heart just stop beating without warning, or are there warning signs to look out for that would give me enough time to call 911 and have them come get me before its too late?

I appreciate all your help. I was also wondering if there are risks of overdosing on these ritalins tonight because I hear them being compared to cocaine all the time and Ive shot up to 3 grams of coke within an hour and a half, or however long it took to shoot 3grams like a chain till it was gone so if the risks are the same between coke and ritallin then I should fine doing another couple pills because 8 pills I doubt weighs 3grams.

No problem, glad to help. The only real similarities between ritalin and coke are how they subjectively "feel" to people. Some people have said that IV ritalin feels like coke, but they are different compounds with different dosages. The typical therapeutic dose for ritalin is 30mg/day spread between 2-3 doses. I cannot find any solid sources on the potency of IV ritalin, but a couple places I've found say that it is 1.5 times as potent as oral ritalin. That would make the average dose 20mg. You've done a heck of a lot more than that, so I would definitely not do more tonight (or until you have micron filters for that matter)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=2330743&postcount=7

This said ritalin is similiar to cocaine chemically, but I did notice it said if I have a tolorance for cocaine it might lead me to overdosing on ritalin so I still dont know how much ritalin can be taken before I should really put the breaks on.

Now I have done prob 8 ritalins within the past 6hrs so Im up to 160mg which has been done all at once according to the claim of another member of this site so I would assume I should be in the clear of dying later on or loosing a limb since that member never mentioned any harmful effects. Im quite a big guy, 5'8 280lbs so I would think having a larger circulatory system should make me less vulnerable to these problems than the average sized male. I hope Im not wrong about that because I feel like doing my 9th pill right now and calling it a night. I havent shot up in like 30 mins and the last 2hrs I have prob only shot up maybee 2 pills so one more shouldnt kill me (knock on wood).

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=2330743&postcount=7

This said ritalin is similiar to cocaine chemically, but I did notice it said if I have a tolorance for cocaine it might lead me to overdosing on ritalin so I still dont know how much ritalin can be taken before I should really put the breaks on.

Now I have done prob 8 ritalins within the past 6hrs so Im up to 160mg which has been done all at once according to the claim of another member of this site so I would assume I should be in the clear of dying later on or loosing a limb since that member never mentioned any harmful effects. Im quite a big guy, 5'8 280lbs so I would think having a larger circulatory system should make me less vulnerable to these problems than the average sized male. I hope Im not wrong about that because I feel like doing my 9th pill right now and calling it a night. I havent shot up in like 30 mins and the last 2hrs I have prob only shot up maybee 2 pills so one more shouldnt kill me (knock on wood).

Regarding their organic chemistry and molecular shape they are similar, but for purposes of determining a dose they are dissimilar. Being a bigger guy really only increases the risks of stimulant use because there is already additional strain on your cardiovascular system. Tissue death isn't something that occurs within minutes or anything, could be a day or so before you noticed anything abnormal. As far as a Ritalin overdose goes, I can't say specifically how it might feel other than a racing heart rate and possibly blacking out. You really should not take other people's posted dosages as meaning it's ok for you to take that, because many people here have tolerances to the medications for taking them on a daily basis for extended periods of time. There are people here that take 200+ milligrams of oxycodone and don't even get high whereas the same amount would kill me.

Ritalin tabs have chalk as its binders.

What foolishness to shoot it!

Regarding their organic chemistry and molecular shape they are similar, but for purposes of determining a dose they are dissimilar. Being a bigger guy really only increases the risks of stimulant use because there is already additional strain on your cardiovascular system. Tissue death isn't something that occurs within minutes or anything, could be a day or so before you noticed anything abnormal. As far as a Ritalin overdose goes, I can't say specifically how it might feel other than a racing heart rate and possibly blacking out. You really should not take other people's posted dosages as meaning it's ok for you to take that, because many people here have tolerances to the medications for taking them on a daily basis for extended periods of time. There are people here that take 200+ milligrams of oxycodone and don't even get high whereas the same amount would kill me.

You seem to very smart about these things. Does your knowledge on this subject come from experience, or just reading what others have said on this forum?

As for the heart beat racing I had that effect the first time I took any of these ridalins. I popped 4 of them at once and my heart felt like it wanted to explode about an hour later it was beating so fast, but I have yet to experience that while shooting them but Ive only been shooting 1 up at a time and Im on prob my 11th or 12th pill now, I think Ill call it a night after 1 more.

Well Im still up and still going at it. Im on probably my 20th, or at least close to my 20th, at least 16th or 17th for sure and Im still alive although I have only been injecting one at a time and I would do the left overs once or twice.

I guess I have a high tolerance for the because Ive done close to 400mg of ritalins since I started this thread so def under 24hrs. I got a friend that lives nearby that I do them with which is why Im still up, he gets them too for cheap and when I was about to call it a nigh earlier when I posted he called me up wanting to know if I wanted to come over and dope up with him so Ive been at it since I last posted, Ive prob done at least 3 or 4 since my last post so whatever I said I was at before and add at least 3 more, thats what I have done within this 24hrs and havent overdosed yet.

Hopefully whoever uses the search feature in the future wanting to know how much one can take w/o od'ing will find this but I dont reccomend shooting this much because it is hurting my chest and I just cant stop shooting them now that Ive done this much already. It is much like shooting cocaine in the sense that it makes you want more, but Im not experiencing godawful anxiety problems like I would get when injecting cocaine, or using it any way for that matter but while I know I have more at my disposal it seems to tempting to not stop especially when I know my neighbor friend wants me to come over and bang a couple more with him, his treat(although I do have many more left of my own :) ) As long as I have a reason to stay up Ill prob keep shooting them so I dont reccomend shooting any more than Ide say prob about 100mg's or else you might get hooked on them and possibly injure yourself via vein clogging and everything else ya'll have mentioned in here.

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate everyone taking their time to reply to my questions. Yall were much more kind this time then the last time I was in here and posted up something important that I needed an answer asap to, but I guess thats the internet for ya LD

Man I would stop injecting them immediately, you're at like heart attack/stroke/severe hypertension levels. You're playing in the field of organ damage from the stimulant alone right now, you really need to stop and rest.

Man I would stop injecting them immediately, you're at like heart attack/stroke/severe hypertension levels. You're playing in the field of organ damage from the stimulant alone right now, you really need to stop and rest.

Alright 1 more and Im done, I promise.

is it bad for the liver?

Ide say I shot up about 50 times including all of the leftovers I have done which in a few cases I did the leftovers 3 times from 1 pill. I just shot my last pill as promised but Ill be doing the leftovers before I put everything away, cant let the leftovers go to waste.

is it bad for the liver?

Ide say I shot up about 50 times including all of the leftovers I have done which in a few cases I did the leftovers 3 times from 1 pill. I just shot my last pill as promised but Ill be doing the leftovers before I put everything away, cant let the leftovers go to waste.

Hypertension isn't good for any organ. Stimulant abuse also permanently kills dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra of the brain as well. Loss of 70-80% of these cells results in symptoms identical to those in Parkinsons disease. We naturally lose these neurons at a rate of 0.5-1% per year, but abusing stimulants causes then to die at a much faster rate.