Bluelight

Thread: How long does it take a physical addiction to oxycodone to develop?

1. Collapse Details
    How long does it take a physical addiction to oxycodone to develop? 
    Bluelighter
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I've recently gotten my hands on some oxycodone and have been using it at night time. I don't exceed 40 to 50mg a night.
    i was wondering, if i use it most days (or everyday), how long does it take for a physical addiction to take place? I know that this comes down to individual differences alot, but I'm concerned as to how long it would take before I suffered withdrawal symptoms.
    I do enjoy it alot, and find myself topping up doses quite regularly once I start. If I had a large quantity I don't think it would be hard for me to become addicted to it. fortunately, I only have 3 80mg tablets left, so i won't get anymore after this becasue I'm worried about getting addicted.

2. Collapse Details

40 to 50 mg is a LOT for someone with no physical dependence. if you dont already have an addiction, youre about to get one soon. it takes about a month of steady opiate use to develop a physical dependency, but youre well on your way with your dosages. quit while youre ahead buddy.

3. Collapse Details

the first time i got truly sick was after about a weeks usage (heroin, however). i had been "chipping" for over a year though and had previously experience discomfort from using a couple days in a row. i would say if you have used a week straight or so, you are going to have some WDs.

oh and ditto, 50 mg still does a lil something for me- so it sounds like you already have a nice habit started.

4. Collapse Details

if you were to keep on with the regime you've got going at the moment then it would be likely for you to have built up a physical dependence within 2-3 weeks, by a month it will be a sure bet. with the dosages you're taking it's likely to be on the shorter end of the scale. a few weeks of use wouldn't have you shitting and pissing your pants every 10 mins but you'll definitely feel the discomforts of an opiate withdrawal; sweating, nausea, insomnia, muscle aches, cramps, etcetera etcetera.

since this is a basic question i'll move this over to BDD for you. you'll find a lot of useful threads throughout OD with the search function as well and don't forget the OD Directory.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    probably 3 or 4 weeks till you'll be properly addicted