• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What Did You Do For Your Education/Career Today?

Successfully hacked my first WEP encrypted network key... I know for a lot of hackers out there that's childsplay, but I'm just learning. : )

today! I went to class and now I'm gonna go modify a couple indium tin oxide electrodes at the lab for analysing with atomic force microscopy.

got a 94 on a test in my Medical Billing and Coding class and I am looking into the next certification exam dates, studying and getting ready for class tomorrow.

went to some history class, went to some system design class, did my calc3 homework read 50 pages of the most boring history book ive ever read, made a basic program on c++, went to do frat shit, and now im about to go to sleep so i can wake up and do it again. sweet.

Showed up to class, actually stayed... and turned in assignments that were due. Fucking amazing

Registered for classes! Woop woop! I CANNOT WAIT to go back to school. i'm insane, right?

I received a letter in the mail today from a university at which I applied to teach. But my hopes were crushed when I realized that it was only junk mail advertising its degrees. :X

Otherwise, I read a bit from an econometrics textbook, and read the newspaper.

I would love to walk into class or discussion one day to see RedLeader at the board. I would most likely crack up.

Today I studied for my bio midterm.

Today I worked on a horribly difficult translation for my midterm ancient Near Eastern history presentation. Can't believe it's the last day of January already...

for my workshop, wrote a micro-essay about internet addiction / my online life

finished reading an article for a seminar

purchased Henry IV: Part One, The Tempest, and a 150 page course-packet created by my professor (who said money can't buy knowledge?)

went to work for 6 hours / sold stuffed animals and gummy candy and shiny rocks and... / got yelled at by worthless and pathetic veteran coworkers

made money

read some Fanon, some Migdal...made a lesson plan on Foucault...

i Went to class.. and am now about to spend 3 hours with my "business group" discussing and presenting the present day financial status of sears holding company...

2 days ago enrolled in a small engine repair course. It is a correspondence course, and they are sending me a 3.5hp engine to muck about with.

Hopefully this will occupy some of my free time lol

Well, haven't done it yet, but i am going to work in about half an hour, which is a good start. I plan on getting my packet for my post-doc apps in final draft form and get some writing back from my undergrad worker and go over it with him.

i applied for several jobs. online.

ugh. i hate this. one of the whole reasons i went into nursing was b/c i thought they'd be handing out jobs before i even walked across stage.

i took my licensing test two weeks ago and passed with the minimum number of questions.

i am just so nervouse about applying in person. i have no idea where there "human resource" places in hospitals are, and i have no desire to sit there like a sap, when there are 2 dozen more qualified, experienced applicants.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

fuck it. thursday is the day. i will get dressed, print up some super slick copies of my resume/cover letter and start hand-delivering them.

i don't wanna be a bartender forever.

^ Good luck!!!

My fiancee is in AARN school right now, she's been an MA for several years and wanted to move up in the world.

Applying in person is very important, gives you a first look at what your work environment will be like!!