• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

which vic is better/norco 5/325 or watson 5/325

oldman51

Greenlighter
I been getting the wat. 5/325 white pill with specks for about 5 months. I can go to a different place and get the norco brand. Would there be a difference in strengths or are they the same. I know its a stupid Q. but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

From what I'm guessing it will be the same, 5mg of hydro,325mg of the filler

The pills made by Watson are oxycodone, and Norco is brand-name hydrocodone. The former is stronger but a minority prefers hydrocodone nevertheless.

oh.....i just got done explaining my frustration with people who think like this. look, it's real simple. the fda requires by law that all generic medication have the exact same active ingredients in the exact same amounts as their name brand counterparts. one 5mg hydrocodone hcl/325mg APAP is REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW to be exactly the same as any other 5mg hydrocodone hcl/325mg APAP pill in regards to it's active ingredients. the only difference is in the inactive ingredients, all the fillers and binders and colorings that have nothing to do with the indicated use of the pill. Now, some people may react differently to those inactive ingredients, and some pills may break down faster or slower in certain people. No version of a 5/325 vic is "better" or "worse" than any other 5/325 vic. for all intents and purposes, they are indistinguishable from each other. Most people that claim to like one brand better than another either don't know what they are talking about, or they don't realize that they are being influenced by placebo. They think one kind is better, so their mind tricks them into feeling it more. Eventually, placebo wears off and all pills of the same type have the same effects on them. Very few people react to the inactive ingredients to such a degree that they truly get different effects from one brand of a pill compared to other brands.

Think about it as the same way you look at OTC ibuprofen. Advil, Motrin, and all the generics all do the same thing, and there isn't a noticeable difference between them. Most people just buy whatever brand is cheapest. Those that buy a certain brand only do it because they might put a coating on the pill that makes it taste better and easier to swallow, or they just have some wierd brand loyalty for some reason. If someone tried to tell you that Advil worked better than Equate Ibuprofen, then you would call them an idiot. The same goes for prescription meds and controlled substances. now if it has hydrocodone bitartrate or ibuprofen or aspirin instead of APAP, there could be a noticeable difference in the effects of the drug, but even then it's a matter of subjective experience as to which one is "better".

I believe Watson Pharmaceuticals makes Norco. So the difference between Norco and a generic Watson 5/325 hydrocodone/apap should be of no consequence.

FINALLY a thread where everyone is right and not claiming one is better than the other, im so tired of seeing this generic is ten times stronger than this one, this one doesnt work at all,this one has way more side effects.

To the poster of this forum, just get whichever is cheapest, because 5mg of hydro is 5mg of hydro.

^ Agreed. Makes a nice change to have facts rather than placebo effect presented for a change. There is no difference between generics and brands.

watson is just a pharm company generic for loads of narcotics. i would have to agree with raver 2008

i have only had the 10/325 hydrocodone. I liked the watsons alot more than the ones with the "V script" front, 36|01 on the back. All of my friends shared my opinion, but its prob just in our heads

oh.....i just got done explaining my frustration with people who think like this. look, it's real simple. the fda requires by law that all generic medication have the exact same active ingredients in the exact same amounts as their name brand counterparts. one 5mg hydrocodone hcl/325mg APAP is REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LAW to be exactly the same as any other 5mg hydrocodone hcl/325mg APAP pill in regards to it's active ingredients. the only difference is in the inactive ingredients, all the fillers and binders and colorings that have nothing to do with the indicated use of the pill. Now, some people may react differently to those inactive ingredients, and some pills may break down faster or slower in certain people. No version of a 5/325 vic is "better" or "worse" than any other 5/325 vic. for all intents and purposes, they are indistinguishable from each other. Most people that claim to like one brand better than another either don't know what they are talking about, or they don't realize that they are being influenced by placebo. They think one kind is better, so their mind tricks them into feeling it more. Eventually, placebo wears off and all pills of the same type have the same effects on them. Very few people react to the inactive ingredients to such a degree that they truly get different effects from one brand of a pill compared to other brands.

Think about it as the same way you look at OTC ibuprofen. Advil, Motrin, and all the generics all do the same thing, and there isn't a noticeable difference between them. Most people just buy whatever brand is cheapest. Those that buy a certain brand only do it because they might put a coating on the pill that makes it taste better and easier to swallow, or they just have some wierd brand loyalty for some reason. If someone tried to tell you that Advil worked better than Equate Ibuprofen, then you would call them an idiot. The same goes for prescription meds and controlled substances. now if it has hydrocodone bitartrate or ibuprofen or aspirin instead of APAP, there could be a noticeable difference in the effects of the drug, but even then it's a matter of subjective experience as to which one is "better".

sorry to bring up old threads. im new to bluelight and found interest in this thread. i definitly agree with this statement, but at the same time i do believe certain pills do make a difference, even tho they all use the same amount of dosage. ive been addicted to opiates for over 8 years, first starting off on 40mg methadone wafers per day, downgrading to 3 10mg oxycodone pills (generic percacet) daily, to now 3-4 10mg hydrocodones. with oxycodones i never had a issue what the manufacturer is, but with oxycodones the type makes a huge difference to me. I normally take the watson 540 10/500mg blue lortabs, occaisonaly taking norco generic watson 853 10mg/325 yellow norcos and i get a great high off both of them, that lasts. However any other hydrocodone pill ive ever taken ( which are usualy always in white ) literally do not affect me like the blue or yellows. there will be occaisonal periods where my connect ends up with the different variety of the white pills and i notice when im on those, i actually go through withdrawl and they make me feel very nautious. Lately everytime im forced to purchase these, i buy half of what my normal order is, and instead of eating them i just snort them, only then i get a pleasent high for like 10 minutes then i just feel disorientated after.

Honestly the FDA allows for a +/- of 20% in generics. Each batch could be different from bottle to bottle, even with in the same script if pharmacy fills from 2 different bottles in their stock. Watsons are my choice too. The fillers probably make the difference and some companies choose the cheaper route and take advantage of the allowance to make more money with less of the main drug ingredients. Look up Hatch Waxman act and you will see the regulation about the +/- 20 %. That could be dangerous in heart , blood pressure, diabetic meds.

Very true about the same active ingredient. It is the amount of active ingredient that varies. When taken for pain management there is a very noticeable difference in pain relief from different manufacturers. Know this greatly from experience, drs, pharmacists and research of FDA regulations that are public record.
Even the fillers can make a difference in certain people that have sensitivities to them. One brand, Mallincrap, makes me nauseated and in mild WD compared to my normal Watsons. Personal experience as well as evidence from others in PM is the basis of this observation.

The anmount of active ingdedient does not vary.. at all. Thats 100 percent untrue and thrown around on this site like fact when its actually not. The FDA allows for a 20 % differance in the Bioequivalence between the brand name and the generic. Bioequivalence if you want to look it up is the rate and extent that a drug is readily avalible to be absorbed..

Meaning the only possibly differance is that the rate the drug absorbs from one generic to the next might sliightyl vary, one will absorb 5 mins faster, one 5 mins slower, which will affect how you feel during the come up period of the high, thats it.. If a vicoden says it has 10mgs in it, it has 10 mgs in it, if an oxycontin 80 says it has 80 mgs in it, it has 80 mgs in it.

People look up Bioequivalence and please stop spreading this stupid myth all over a site like bluelight which is suppose to have credible information, spreading stupid myths like this does nothing but damadge bluelights credibility.

All over the FDAs own website about generic drugs it states that The FDA requires generic drugs to have the same quality, strength, purity and stability as brand-name drugs.

It shouldnt even be a question in peoples minds that each pill has less or more active drug than another does, its completly untrue.

Last edited:
Just want to chime in my opinion. I love to eat Somas. L..O..V..E.. them. they help my back to a certain degree and the ones with the V on them always work better that the Dan ones or the Cor ones.

I have never actually noticed this in the Norco 10's vs. the generic Vic 10's (325 APAP)

Just my .02 cents