• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Can I IV morphine sulfate pills?

I'd put HR at 4/10. I got a fucking abscess when you missed my vein :!

ha no you didnt. it was just a missed shot. abscess are very differnt and full of NASTY ass puss.

plus you were rushing me and i just shot myself up with 50mg not 3 minutes earlier so needless to say i was high as shit haha.

but ya my bad on that lol

Harm reduction is just that... reduction. All about getting the most out of your use in a safer manner. Not a safe manner.

HR isn't about doing something the safest way, but about making the safest choices at hand. You always hope that your use takes place in optimal conditions, but as any junkie/crackhead/etc will tell you, not every situation is ideal, especially given the task at hand and your lifestyle. And that's exactly what spreading the word of harm reduction is about. Educating people to make the safest choices for any given situation.

In this case, in an ideal condition, you have access to toluene, IPA, sterile equipment, microns, and the privacy, time and patience to do a nice clean extraction. Othertimes, you just need for a quick and dirty way that doesn't involve serious imminent harm.

Harm reduction is just that... reduction. All about getting the most out of your use in a safer manner. Not a safe manner.

HR isn't about doing something the safest way, but about making the safest choices at hand. You always hope that your use takes place in optimal conditions, but as any junkie/crackhead/etc will tell you, not every situation is ideal, especially given the task at hand and your lifestyle. And that's exactly what spreading the word of harm reduction is about. Educating people to make the safest choices for any given situation.

In this case, in an ideal condition, you have access to toluene, IPA, sterile equipment, microns, and the privacy, time and patience to do a nice clean extraction. Othertimes, you just need for a quick and dirty way that doesn't involve serious imminent harm.

EXACTLY !

sure doing an A/B extraction and using bacteriostatic water with a micron filter in a hospital sterile environment would be the best for HR but how often does that happen in the real world ? im guessing not as likely as being sick as fuck and bangin your morph on the way home from scoreing with a rig youve used 5+ times, and a cooker thats ben sitting in your glove box for god knows how long, and filtering through a cigarette filter.

So this is harm reduction?

hes fairly new to the IV scene and dosnt know the difference between an abscess and a missed shot.

^ I was addicted to opiates for 7 years, so I know plenty about being dope sick. It's just reckless and stupid/ignorant to do shit like that if you remotely care about your health.

In my years of addiction, with IV drugs I always micron'd except for the first 10-20 shots or so. You just have to not give up on yourself. A lot of people don't care about anything more than getting the drug into their veins, like I've seen people use spit for an IV and much worse that I don't want to even think about.

I just always kept HR as high a priority as the drug itself. I had a checklist, and would go through WD if I didn't have clean water, needles, or if the drugs quality could not be refined. Maybe it's easy because I enjoy the process of micron filtration, it's part of the needle romance.

I wouldn't assume it's impossible to maintain HR in a realistic sense.

I know I've been in some fucked up situations and done some crazy things, but thats not to say you should just throw caution to the wind if things aren't ideal. There's always atleast one choice you can make that'll make things a little safer.

Try and think ahead if you can. If you're driving around w/ rigs and cooker, why not some rubbing alcohol and qtips. Exchanges usually give out premade "junky on the go" kits.

And if you have the means to get to somewhere safe with privacy, then take advantage. Learn which public bathrooms are safest in your area or try to hold out till you get home if its safe there. I know it's tuff sometimes, but noone wants to get arrested while trying to get high.

Then, after you're well, stop at the exchange or walmart and get some sharps. Even if you don't need em. You can never have too many.

edit @tricomb. When I started I was the model of injection health. Thing is, as you lose your job, car, house, etc. keeping your health isn't easy. Not to mention, it's hard to worry about proper injection technique when things like where am I gonna sleep, what to eat, worrying about your hustle are at the forefront of your mind.

Last edited:
Way to IV that works:
wipe off the coating
clean pill with saline
crush pill and powder into spoon
add 2-3 cc water
warm under lighter for approx 30 sec. and then stir
warm under lighter when wax congregates on top drop cotton ball in
use a syringe to pull out the liquid and immediately load into another syringe with wheel filter
after extracting all liquid in syringe with wheel filter, cleanse with filer into a clean container such as a medicine cup
the liquid that comes out of the filter should be clear in color
load into your choice of syringe (I prefer a 1cc 29g 5/8in)
should be enough extract to fill, if not add saline to syringe with wheel filter and use fluid produced from there to fill
then inject.

Way to IV that works:
wipe off the coating
clean pill with saline
crush pill and powder into spoon
add 2-3 cc water
warm under lighter for approx 30 sec. and then stir
warm under lighter when wax congregates on top drop cotton ball in
use a syringe to pull out the liquid and immediately load into another syringe with wheel filter
after extracting all liquid in syringe with wheel filter, cleanse with filer into a clean container such as a medicine cup
the liquid that comes out of the filter should be clear in color
load into your choice of syringe (I prefer a 1cc 29g 5/8in)
should be enough extract to fill, if not add saline to syringe with wheel filter and use fluid produced from there to fill
then inject.

I've done this (except the wheel filtering part) and end up with a crystal clear solution but if I squirt some on my fingers the solution feels "sticky" like it's filled with wax so I never injected it. Does the wheel filter part get rid of this or am I just doing something wrong?

The micron will catch the waxy shit. The key is to shock with cold saline directly after crisping.

I'm not advising shooting pills because from an HR perspective it's certainly not a good thing to do. However I have to say that if you know what you're doing, it really isn't as big a deal as some might say. Of course it depends what it is. Dilaudid for example, is considered fairly safe to shoot since its very soluble and has few fillers. If you crush one very fine, mix it well, don't heat the binders and fillers, and use a micron filter, you should be fine. Some pills are intrinsically worse to shoot though. Oxy for example is very waxy and can take a few rounds of filtering to remove. You do not want veins filled with wax. At any rate, I've shot all sorts of pills for years and sometimes with terrible tech and method but luckily had no problems.

I suppose you can even argue shooting something like Dilaudid is safer than street heroin in which the potency and cuts are completely unknown. With pills you know exactly what dose you're taking and the drug is pure. Shooting random H could lead to anaphylaxis or overdose very easily.

I just shot up anything for the first time. My pain was pretty unbearable and I had some clean syringes laying around.
I'm not even sure if I did it right. I crushed up the pill, heated it up a little, then shocked it with ~1ml of saline solution.
I extracted from the cotton ball and got a brown liquid. I've never shot anything, I can't have marks on my arms. So the foot was my intended target.
I knew the veins in my feet are easy to spot and I can make them bulge so why not. I took the syringe and started thinking 'should i do this?' and I took a breath and tried my best to keep it steady. I think I hit the vein, i pulled back and saw there was blood coming through. So I think I hit a vein. I pulled in some more blood and shot up.

To be honest, I kinda just winged it and hoped I did it right. I know I hit a vein because when I pulled the needle out a blood bubble popped up. A real dark one. I'm a little sweaty and my foot tingles.

Im a heroin addict and have a pinkish red morphine sulfate with a ms 30 on it how do I I've it?

This varies greatly from person to person (and you'll probably get a better response by creating your own thread). *I'VE HEARD* if you basify the solution it can get to an upwards of 60-70% (add about 100mg of baking soda to each mL of water).

This varies greatly from person to person (and you'll probably get a better response by creating your own thread). *I'VE HEARD* if you basify the solution it can get to an upwards of 60-70% (add about 100mg of baking soda to each mL of water).

Really cos in my opinion taking it orally is Abit of a waste same with DHC

Plug It?

I just spent 2 weeks in the hospital getting 2 abscesses removed from shooting Mscontin. DONT DO IT! PLUG THEM! Plus the solution they you finally get after trying to remove the wax is like vegetbable oil, its cant be good for the veins.

I am new here and need to know what"Plug Them" means.....

I get that it wasnt good for me and no one believes me but i have iv'ed morphine sulfate just from heating, smooshing up, then pulling up. I still cant use that vein in my foot anymore but it was a good little pins and needles rush. It was the instant release type... I was desperate and I have no idea how this worked out. The longer process was never worth it to me cause I had to be pretty sick to even feel a morphine shot. Good luck.

Before anyone gives me shit for necroing a thread, this was the 3rd result on google for shooting morphine. It has also been kept alive with shitty ass information from 2009 all the way to mid 2014. So before you dumb assholes go fuck over another drug user giving your "tried and true" bullshit opinionated method that is "better than the rest", I'll add the actual way you should shoot morphine pills (that I found in the 6th result in google, also from 2009). Also I don't care if there is a better spot to post this. The fact is google brought me here, so this is the thread/"spot" people will get to when searching the same thing I did.

There was a study done in Australia posted in the Harm Reduction Journal, these are some excerpts from that:
"Apart from overdose and addiction itself, the harmful consequences of injecting morphine tablets come from the insoluble particles from the tablets and microbial contamination. These harmful components can be substantially reduced by passing the injection through a sterilizing (0.22 μm) filter. To prevent the filter from blocking, a preliminary coarse filter (such as a cigarette filter) should be used first. The filters retain some of the dose, but this can be recovered by following filtration with one or two rinses with 1 ml water. Although filtration can reduce the non-pharmacological harmful consequences of injecting tablets, this remains an unsafe practice due to skin and environmental contamination by particles and microorganisms, and the risks of blood-borne infections from sharing injecting equipment."
"Morphine was retained by all filters but could be recovered by following the filtration with one or two 1 ml washes. The combined use of a cigarette filter then 0.22 μm filter, with rinses, enabled recovery of 90% of the extracted morphine in a solution which was essentially free of tablet-derived particles."
"The cotton ball filter gave a similar result to the cigarette filter: a milky filtrate with limited removal of particles (data not shown). However, the recovery of morphine may have been slightly lower (Table 1). Also, it was difficult to consistently reproduce the size and density of the filters."

Yeah, so basically stop being a cheap ass and get a damn micron filter. Better yet, stop being a dumbass and telling other people to use fucking cotton with a goddam pill.

Don't give me some fucking bullshit about "oh what if i cant get a micron filter, you should at least tell me the safest way to do it with a cotton ball". No, I fucking shouldn't, because there is no safe way with just a cotton ball, so you just shouldn't do it. If you are giving cotton-ball quality instructions you may as well not give any at all, because you are diluting their mind with bullshit ideas that it is safe to get away with just a cotton ball. This isn't fucking junkie forum. "Reducing Harm by Educating the Individual". Either A. Don't get into shooting up until you learn to do it the right way, or B. If it is too late and you are already a junkie, plug that shit while you wait for your micron filters to come in the mail. Seriously, morphine ain't fucking cheap for you to not afford a micron filter.

Also sorry if it is against the rules, but I couldn't find anything about not being allowed to say people are dumbasses and/or assholes for giving misinformed bullshit opinions on something as serious as shooting up.

TL;DR
Don't listen to the dumbasses who posted above me. After removing the coating and then crushing the pill, dissolve the powder into 1-3ml of water (3ml for 60mg). Do a double filtration through a cigarette filter or a cotton ball, and then a .22μm syringe filter. Enjoy (responsibly).

listen man im going to tell you how to do this. not because i think its smart, it has never caused anything but heartache and sickness for me and everyone ive known to use. there is no party to injecting drugs. its a whole new level of addiction and few survive. you said that you only wanted to try it because you was wanting to knock the edge off of a cocaine high. thats a very bad idea, so is injecting opiates and mixing benzos. both can and probably will kill ya. not only that but its a miserable feeling, its not going to make you feel good! amount ve dosed doesnt mean anything. it could be the small amount that causes your heart to stop. my guess is your a full blown addicit and your curious and are going to try it anyway, so here you go.

differant kinds of morphine are done diff ways depending on the brand. the best way for ones that gel is to take the coating off the pill first. stick it in your mouth till the coating comes off. (just a little bit of saliva carries thousands of harmful bacteria. its real easy to lose an arm by licking the spoon and injecting or anything similar) but since the first thing you will do after the caoting is removed is boil the water. this will kill the bacteria once you have dropped the pills into it. about 1cc for each pill, if there the kind that gels. you will want to add an extra cc to compensate the gel. once the water is boiling, boiling to much will not burn the dope out. so boil the water, drop the uncoated pills into the spoon. have a filter ready you can use a q-tip but its not advised, its possible and does happen quite often that you may get what junkies call cotten fever and shake uncontrolabley. (it sucks!) the best filter to use would be a clean ciggarette filter. drop it in and draw up as quickly as possible. there will be gel left. the gel still contains dope. so just repeat the process. it depends on your body size but around 8cc maybe less i weight 220pds. but it will cause a water headache and they are misreable! make sure you get all the AIR out of the rig. it doesnt take alot of air to kill you! and its simple to get out. so get it out. make sure the needle is sterile. again i dont advise you doing this! it will be quite simply the dumbest thing you will ever do! but if your going to do it anyways, atleast do it right! good luck, i hope your one of the ones that can tell people about how sick and miserable you were when you done it back in the day and hope that day your still young, but i doubt it works out that good for ya! :\
The ld50 for intravenously administered atmospheric air is half a liter. That's a lot of air to inject on accident.