• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Low Dose ++++ experiences

Had you put that into your initial post, I'm sure the commentary would've been much different. ;)

Off-topic....

I live around the DFW area, too. Hit me up if you ever decide to go to some event in the area. :)

Had you put that into your initial post, I'm sure the commentary would've been much different. ;)

Off-topic....

I live around the DFW area, too. Hit me up if you ever decide to go to some event in the area. :)

yeah definitely although i don't really know of most of the events

i think a plus 4 can happen at any dose. To quote Shulgin:

* PLUS FOUR (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a 'peak experience', a 'religious experience,' 'divine transformation,' a 'state of Samādhi' and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.

– Alexander Shulgin, PiHKAL, 1991

by that definition it does not sound dose dependant.

also i know some people report consistant ++++ with 5 meo dmt. Have we reached the end of the human experiement?
Perhas if we could attain that state on command without drugs and better integrate the experience into our subjective experiences (life).

I agree with Delsyd, people have had spiritual/religious or ++++ experiences from all types of doses of mushrooms, LSD, and cannabis or just from doing a lot of meditation.

What happened to you with your ++++ experience squishyapple?

Just a comment on Shulgin's definition:

First time MDMA experience can often be really hard to replicate. It's just such a new and positive experience. I've gotten close, but it was never really as good as the first time. However, my "first" time was actually my second time; I had a 4 year break in between and the first pill that I took was kind of speedy and low on MDMA. I try to never think about whether I am "high enough" when I roll, I just keep things positive and enjoy the ride. I can't wait to to do MDMA again. I've had a six month break, but I think I might have to wait another 6-7 months before I can get access to MDMA/be with the right people/be in the right setting at the same time.

Last edited:
Well now that youve described it, it does sound like it could possibly be a true ++++, the whole transcnedence, detacthment of body and mind, extreme revelations, Im honestly suprised because MDMA and Cannabis, either alone or combined, never even got me close to that.

You are a lucky individual, many people go a long long time without ever getting a ++++. Many experienced trippers I know never actually have had one before they stopped tripping too

Well now that youve described it, it does sound like it could possibly be a true ++++, the whole transcnedence, detacthment of body and mind, extreme revelations, Im honestly suprised because MDMA and Cannabis, either alone or combined, never even got me close to that.

You are a lucky individual, many people go a long long time without ever getting a ++++. Many experienced trippers I know never actually have had one before they stopped tripping too

normally combined i get minor to moderate visuals at most but that one time was completely different. i think it partially had something to do with me starting to get a panic attack then forcing myself to let go. it was my fourth time with mdma but probably my "first" mdma experience. i think the main reason it happened was that i was pretty much alone the entire time so i was able to relax and let myself succumb to the drug without worrying about what others around me are thinking of me but then the peak was a bit too much even though it was quite small compared to other times i've tried it but once i peaked and smoke some bud it was smooth, albeit quite intense, sailing after that

either way my question still stands what ++++ experiences have you guys had on a something low dose like what i was on and how does it differ from ++++ experiences on something you'd actually expect to possibly precipitate a ++++ experience?

normally combined i get minor to moderate visuals at most but that one time was completely different. i think it partially had something to do with me starting to get a panic attack then forcing myself to let go. it was my fourth time with mdma but probably my "first" mdma experience. i think the main reason it happened was that i was pretty much alone the entire time so i was able to relax and let myself succumb to the drug without worrying about what others around me are thinking of me but then the peak was a bit too much even though it was quite small compared to other times i've tried it but once i peaked and smoke some bud it was smooth, albeit quite intense, sailing after that

either way my question still stands what ++++ experiences have you guys had on a something low dose like what i was on and how does it differ from ++++ experiences on something you'd actually expect to possibly precipitate a ++++ experience?

Well as it stands my ++++ experience actually would be borderline moderate dose but it was way waymore than I expected and caught me completely off guard. It was an exploration through the deeper sections of my mind and into both inner and outer space. I was in multiple places at once, the past the future and the present all converged on me. I had no awareness of who I was and for quite some time it felt as if I was directly in a telekenetic talk with some divine being. Ive never quite been able to fully describe everything in that trip to anyone Ive ever talked too