• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

high serotonin levels.. good or is it a bad thing?

I apologize for imagining that either of you are capable of intelligent conversation.

But as bearlove very aptly pointed out, some people just need "simple" answers.

I apologize for imagining that either of you are capable of intelligent conversation.

(Edited)

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, people, try to stay away from personal attacks. At least Jam was able to stay away from personally attacking people while putting forward his opposing points. If you want to keep such discussions alive, please do not resort to insults.

We are all learning from each other, we are all teaching each other.

Correlation does not imply causation. Pharma companies use this simple correlation to sell you SSRIs. But the idea that "high-serotonin = nice, low serotonin = not nice" is simply plain flat out WRONG. Look in any neuropharmacology textbook for proof of this.

"Are you completely clueless"

"you retard" (post above yours)

Notice how I never, ever personally attacked either of you, but you both attacked me.

Anyway, you're feeling the collective effects of the SSRI/SNRI drug that you took, not the effects of serotonin going up (and btw, where is it rising? By how much? For how long? - I bet you can "feel" this too!).

The only case where you can actually feel the effects of elevated serotonin is when you have serotonin syndrome. Otherwise, serotonin and all other neurotransmitters are in a constant state of flux, and you cannot pin a certain feeling on a single neurotransmitter.

But if you want to keep your simplistic thinking (thanks bearlove to making you only good enough for "simple" info), then be my guest.

I don't get why you have to talk down to everyone... And also, yeah, I'm sorry I think "simplistic" I'm not a scientist or doctor. I'm just a kid, so stop being such an ass.

No need for this either, Jam. I know your buttons were pressed, but not everyone can respond well to your earlier sarcasm..

He's just an arrogant, passive aggrssive butthead. His posts weremore insulting than anyone elses here in this thread.

Last edited:
No need for this either, Jam. I know your buttons were pressed, but not everyone can respond well to your earlier sarcasm..

Ok, I agree with you, that was uncalled for.

But I would like to note how KoreyS responded to you by calling me an "asshole".

Ok, I agree with you, that was uncalled for.

But I would like to note how KoreyS responded to you by calling me an "asshole".

What the heck? Where did I ever say any bad words like that?

You've acted like a complete butthead with your sarcastic, pompous, passive aggressive bullshit in this whole thread.

You edited it to "butthead" (which isn't any less insulting - just shows your level of maturity). And FYI, mods can see the history of your edits. You just made a fool out of yourself. Congratulations.

You edited it to "butthead" (which isn't any less insulting - just shows your level of maturity). And FYI, mods can see the history of your edits. You just made a fool out of yourself. Congratulations.

I have no idea what you're talking about? What is all this about?

Yeah serotonin is quack compared to Gaba dopamine oxytocin unless your malnurished or possibly Female you have enough serotonin to do things.

Yeah serotonin is quack compared to Gaba dopamine oxytocin unless your malnurished or possibly Female you have enough serotonin to do things.

Please don't rebump threads from 8 years ago. If you have a topic of interest you want to discuss or just simply want to add some of your own input on a matter it's best to just start your own thread.

Thanks.

Nah sorry I never liked Canadians. Most Canadians are afraid of their own shadow.

Necro bumping in support of Jamshyd, and because this topic will always be relevant. I've heard so many people say things like OP, clearly seen too many pharma commercials or read too many 18 year olds posting about MDMA. I love that awareness of serotonin syndrome is at an all time high, but at what price? Now people (kids) think that most of what MDMA does is because of serotonin. No. no no no. Serotonin does hundreds of things, which may even been an understatement. Serotonin does not make you "feel good" period. Lack of serotonin may make you "feel bad" but that can be said about probably 2 million different substances in our bodies. Being able to "feel" serotonin levels is almost a laughable concept. I sound like a dick but when information is this blatantly wrong you have to come down hard or it will spread.

Nah sorry I never liked Canadians. Most Canadians are afraid of their own shadow.

Really? That's what you're adding to this conversation?

And where do I even begin with this one... Whew lad

Last edited: