• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

10mg methadone + 30mg oxycontin?

beamish

Bluelighter
i took a 10mg methadone thinking it was a valium. kinda sucks cause i would much rather be high off a valium oxy combo, than just methadone. but oh well. question is, is it safe to mix methadone with oxy? i have an ok tolerance. might not do the whole 30, maybe start with 5 and go to10 and so on. but will even those small amounts be safe? any one have personal experience mixing the two?

you might want to wait a couple of days to use the oxy. the methadone will probably block some or most of the effects of the oxy.

I can't speak from experience, but it does seem like there's a certain "blockade" dose that individuals must reach before methadone will block other opies. A lot of issues involving waiting a day or so before getting high on more recreational narcotics seem to be with dudes on 40-80mg methadone, who're waiting to be able to have some horse again.

I'm not well-read enough to give a meaningful guess on if 10mg methadone would keep your mu-opioid receptors on lock down, but my arbitrary belief is that there's plenty to share between the 'done and the oxy. 10mg methadone is around a starter dose for an opioid-naive person's decent high. Def add the oxy in increments, not just for safety, but also you won't waste too many, if it turns out they don't have much effect.

beamish - that question is impossible to (safely) answer without more background on your opiate experience/knowledge? How much methadone do you take to get high? How much oxy. For example, if you can handle doing 80mg oxy at once, then these two combined wouldn't be a issue. The same with the reverse - if you can handle 60mg methadone at once, you could handle this. Please give some background on this (your current tolerance, etc), and every little bit does help. so that we can provide you with the safest and most accurate possible.

[Oh, and don't worry about the methadone blocking the oxy. That is something that happens when you take large doses of methadone daily, essentially oversaturating the receptors so much that its hard to feel the effects of other opiates, but like the guy said, that happens when you have taken something a large dose like like 60-80mg+ a day (and built up a decently sized methadone reservoir as well). You don't have to worry about that, though. there will be no bloackage All should concern yourself with is methadone's long-half life (the ability to feel totally sober while still having opioids in your system), but isn't much of a worry, so long as you sure you take that, and everything, into account when deciding how much oxycodone to take.

Peace! And please, ask any more specific questions in this thread. I will gladly answer them. :)

beamish - that question is impossible to (safely) answer without more background on your opiate experience/knowledge? How much methadone do you take to get high? How much oxy. For example, if you can handle doing 80mg oxy at once, then these two combined wouldn't be a issue. The same with the reverse - if you can handle 60mg methadone at once, you could handle this. Please give some background on this (your current tolerance, etc), and every little bit does help. so that we can provide you with the safest and most accurate possible.

[Oh, and don't worry about the methadone blocking the oxy. That is something that happens when you take large doses of methadone daily, essentially oversaturating the receptors so much that its hard to feel the effects of other opiates, but like the guy said, that happens when you have taken something a large dose like like 60-80mg+ a day (and built up a decently sized methadone reservoir as well). You don't have to worry about that, though. there will be no bloackage All should concern yourself with is methadone's long-half life (the ability to feel totally sober while still having opioids in your system), but isn't much of a worry, so long as you sure you take that, and everything, into account when deciding how much oxycodone to take.

Peace! And please, ask any more specific questions in this thread. I will gladly answer them. :)
im pretty lightweight, 10mg methadone is a high dose all at once for me, i usually do about 7.5mg and then another 7.5mg 5-6 hours later. oxy i will do about 20-30mg normally.
didnt know about the methadone blockage issue, but yeah i dont think it will be a problem, i havent done methadone in a while. railed a 5mg oxy line. nodded hard for awhile. some dank made me better <3
thanks for the info guys. i will wait until tomorrow to finish the oxy though, maybe make some pst to boost it later on.
do you think poppy seed tea plus a real narcotic would be a bad combination? (if you dont have any experience with that it's all good)

if you mean with another opiate then it's going to be much the same as mixing any other two opiates together - the high and dangers associated with combining CNS depressants together. also it is a lot harder to dose PST and know how high you're going to be because batch to batch differs in potency. all dangers aside it would be a pleasant opiate high

what did you have in mind combining it with?

Yes it is safe. I am Rxd oxycodone 30mg and methadone 10mgs by my pain management Dr. You wont get as high if you take the methadone first and then the oxy as the methadone will act as a blocker. If you are looking for a good high take 2 or 3 oxycodone 30s orally or 1-2 insufflated. Then take the methadone later to keep the pain from returning.

OD -> BDD

This is a basic combo question and OD isn't all about these sorts of Q's.

Moved.

Hi, how about 7 months ago started methadone treatment at 30mg, eventually up to 80mg within the first 3 weeks. Then 4 months ago dropped to 70mg a day and 10mg less each month after that. Ending with 40mg a day for the last month that ended 4 days ago. Now I started 30mg each day. I take it 10am and by 6am the next day I start waking up a lot with the anxious feet feeling until I re-dose at 10am again. So my current 30mg per day that I have only been on for 4 days since i dropped from 40, wears off around 20 hours. It takes about 8 days to get used to the new lower dose that I stay with 3 more weeks comfortably. Then drop again.

Will this block oxycontin or perc if I took it around 10am instead of my meth dose? Prior to 7 months ago I was able to take 40mg of perc, 3 times a day,sometimes 140mg perc daily.

beamish - that question is impossible to (safely) answer without more background on your opiate experience/knowledge? How much methadone do you take to get high? How much oxy. For example, if you can handle doing 80mg oxy at once, then these two combined wouldn't be a issue. The same with the reverse - if you can handle 60mg methadone at once, you could handle this. Please give some background on this (your current tolerance, etc), and every little bit does help. so that we can provide you with the safest and most accurate possible

Also, if the restlessness starts around 6am with the new lower dose, I'm assuming the receptors are not fully covered during this time by the methadone. Including the half life is gone

i took a 10mg methadone thinking it was a valium. kinda sucks cause i would much rather be high off a valium oxy combo, than just methadone. but oh well. question is, is it safe to mix methadone with oxy? i have an ok tolerance. might not do the whole 30, maybe start with 5 and go to10 and so on. but will even those small amounts be safe? any one have personal experience mixing the two?

You shouldnt take the risk just wait till tomorrow for the oxy.

and mixing oxy or methadone with benzos isnt the best idea cause the benzos mixed with the oxy could cause your heart to stop

you might want to wait a couple of days to use the oxy. the methadone will probably block some or most of the effects of the oxy.
I wouldn't mix oxy with methadone, but since you already took the methadone, the valium would mix OK .

I've been taking methadone for a couple months now, just 20mg a day, not everyday... when I run out of the methadone and try to supplement a high with vicodin, I find I don't really feel anything like I used to with vic's.

I have just gotten some xanax and am wondering what the dosages are? I have a bar with four squares. How much is one square and how much is one bar???

Also, I am on prozac. Will this interfere with other drugs?

i believe that methadone only starts compltely blocking opiats at around the 40mg range, if thqts the case, yes you can take some oxy, just take 10mg less than you would usually take (oxy is about as potent as methadone)

be carfull though methadone has a half-life that can last anywhere from 4-130 hours. so if your fat...or at least bigger then your gonna be able to handle it better...everytime i get my hands on some dones i parachute 20mg(nothing more, and i dont do it 2 or more days in a row because i start to feel the symptons of withdrawl after that) and it fucks me up, my second favorate opiate, under hydromorphONE.

i heard if your not carfull and you mix another drug while the dones are still in "half-life" you can trigger something,(either in the fatty tissues or the brain?) and its just like getting high from the dones all over again...i ALWAYSE experience when i smoke bowls the next day. what im tryin to say is dont go poppin lot more oxcycontin the next day cuz youll never know what gonna happen?

Where are the more current oxy, methadone questions?
I'm taking morphine (30's) anywhere from 4-8 at a time, when I run out I cheek 75 mc. Of fentanyl. Quant. 15 patches, then when I run out, I go on methadone, when I'm out of that I start all over.
I hate it. I want off but am afraid. I've got a call into a sub. Doc. But I had a bad experience that subs and methadone years ago. Does anyone have any input?

Last edited: