• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting opana er (coating/gel)

I have done alot of the Opana er's. I found my favorite method is to snort them. Just take the coating off like a oc80 (opana has tougher coating than oc's from what i have noticed) then crush it up. Some of the outside where the coating is will be in big flakes i just put them in my mouth and swallow them because its hard to break them up to snort. But just snort it and get it in your sinus cavity but not to hard where it hits the back of your throat and not to lightly where it doesnt get in your sinus cavity. I try to let mine sit for as long as possible (probably about 30 min)..

Only physical problem I have accumulated from doing opana er's in the past is when ever i go on a few day benge I tend to get bronchitis or pnuemonia, but that is probably in combination with my heavy smoking.

Do not try to shoot these either, They are like gel when you put them in a syringe and is not good for your body at all, will make your veins collapse 10X quicker than doing any other pill and you dont get as much as if you did a IR But still possible to get a high.

Be carefull it is a very strong opiod strongest IMO I have experianced per MG (even compared to fetanyl). Your tolerance will skyrocket on other opiates/opiods so be prepared.

I have done alot of the Opana er's. I found my favorite method is to snort them. Just take the coating off like a oc80 (opana has tougher coating than oc's from what i have noticed) then crush it up. Some of the outside where the coating is will be in big flakes i just put them in my mouth and swallow them because its hard to break them up to snort. But just snort it and get it in your sinus cavity but not to hard where it hits the back of your throat and not to lightly where it doesnt get in your sinus cavity. I try to let mine sit for as long as possible (probably about 30 min)..

Only physical problem I have accumulated from doing opana er's in the past is when ever i go on a few day benge I tend to get bronchitis or pnuemonia, but that is probably in combination with my heavy smoking.

Do not try to shoot these either, They are like gel when you put them in a syringe and is not good for your body at all, will make your veins collapse 10X quicker than doing any other pill and you dont get as much as if you did a IR But still possible to get a high.

Be carefull it is a very strong opiod strongest IMO I have experianced per MG (even compared to fetanyl). Your tolerance will skyrocket on other opiates/opiods so be prepared.

Yeah I completely agree. And I had the same problem with the "flakes" your talking about whenever opana's first came out, and if you scrape the coating off, instead of wetting the pill it doesn't happen. The TIMERx gel system is intense, so even sucking on them or wetting them for a few seconds will make it start to gel leaving you with the "flakes"

I forgot to post in my last post. I feel I need to say this. Do not take benzo's with strong opiates this is how 80% of my friends have overdosed. Pretty much, you nod out then go into respitory failure (SP?) and stop breathing and die in your sleep. Don't get me wrong I have done it in the past, but after friends of mine started to overdose and some die, I really look at this combination now as off limits. So please for your family and friends, try to refrain from taking this combination.

I have found that the best way to crush these into a powder is to rub them against a hose clamp. We call em grinders and first started using them to grind down oxycontins. They produce about 2 times as much powder this way. It also seems to help the drug absorb through your nasal membrane. With opana er's I know they are already going to gel up like a bitch and rather than fight with the coating and have it gel up before I even snort any, I just grind up the pill coating and all. Im sure if you can find an efficient method of removing the coating first and then use a hose clamp to grind the pill up you will be getting the most out of your opana.

i been gettin opana ers for quite some time now all from 10s to 40s what I do and think is pretty efficient for sniffin em is smashin em and grindin em up on a hard surface like a bathroom counter (not a cd case but something strong) mash up the coating and all and then use a fine tooth comb and 'filter' out the coating and then use a credit card to line it up and and theres ur powder... for some reason the yellow coating on the 40s breaks down a lot more so i usually will just spend an extra minute and make it as fine as possible and sniff it too, shits gonna gel up a lil either way a lil pill coating wont hurt

U all r retarded

The coating on Opana is Morphine and inside is OxyContin aka OxyMorphone

Why do you guys scrape off the coating with a knife/razor blade? instead of just sucking the coating off in your mouth and then wiping it off on a paper towel or under-shirt? its much easier to just suck off the coating and then it just all wipes off. trying to scrape it off is too much of a hassle and it doesn't even work as good as just putting the pill in your mouth for 10 seconds and wiping off the coating...

Opana is a tricky drug to get the full effects. Sometimes you will snort a whole 30mg pill or w/e you have and it will get you pretty high, then sometimes you will snort it and barely feel anything.. i think it has a lot to do with the absorption process and sometimes it doesn't all absorb in your nose cuz of the gel and shit...

The coating on Opana is Morphine and inside is OxyContin aka OxyMorphone

opana coating

8(I don't understand what u mean abojt it being difficult to remove. R u guys just saying this to deter others?
Imo, it is as easy as removing a sticker from the wall. Now, I don't reccomend anyone who has no opiate tolerance to even touch opana. They are very strong. Now with that being said most people imo searching for opana are tolerant as the typical newbie has no idea it even exsists.
To remove the coating from the er's any dosage simple got to ur locate hard ware or craft store and simply buy a modeling knife, you know the ones that have an enlongated narrow tip, like the scalpels drs use for surgery.
Step one: start with the sides of ur octogan and remove one by one. It is easier if you hold knife almost parralell to pill. Slightly lift the coating and slide blade along trying to lift it not cut it off or u will in fact get the "crumbling " they are talkin about .
Next: go to side the is plain(w/o mg printed on it) start at a corner of the octagon and slowly lLIFT the peel all the way around. Once u do that u can then put ur blade under it , pich the peel above the blade to blade and liftwhile slidind blade futher under as u go. You can now lift it off in one piece.
Turn pill to imprint side and do the same. This side is tougher to get an all in one peel off but quite possiable no the less...
If some remains as it does take practice, simply get under the peel and lift gently and voi-la.
As far as powderizing them. There are so many ways since once coating comes off they are quite fragile.
Sift through a gravey strainer upside down will provide a fine powder or what I prefere is a large round screen with a metal frame and handle. These can be bought almost anywhere that sells kitchen/cooking tools. They are used properly to stop grease splatter from ur frying pan from going everywhere. Take screen and put over a large plate and just sift it though
. The powder will be VERY fine so be carefull in ur inhalation style as u will get penetration poss. Even aspiration into the lung. (VERY DANGEROUS/EVEN DEADLY). Side note, if this does happen to you there are very few things they can do to reverse it in the lung(btw,I aslo have my BNS) aside from washing out the lungs<not going to get to tech) there is nothing they can due aside from treat symptoms of aspiration pnemonia) there are also gel fillers in this med that when get into the lngs (yes people some meds do go into the lungs, believe what helps u sleep but while ur sleeping I'm at work seeing actual cases of aspirations)
Be gentle and snort small amount no coke style (this med is one of the worst poss.. it gets stuck into the smallest aveoli and pluggs them)gaggers with this please.
I don't IV ANYTHING so I can't help u there but please please do be carefull w/opana as it is very very strong and there is nothing left to go to above this drug that can be perscribed for home use. It is the do all end all dragon before herion. I actlly prefere it over the herion. It last soooo much longer, high is euphoric and energizing for first couple hours YES I DO MEAN HOURS, the come down is typical to hardcore opiates w/nodding and and all the dreamy headplay one could want.

Now for the bad news and I have not seen any posts regarding this not to say they are not here on the vast board.
I'm sure you are familier with the "new" glue like formula of our dearly damaged new oxy's, well endo has purchased the patient to the glue formulation . And yep u guessed it ENDO is responsable for opana as truly there are only a few pharma company's in the US, all other names are simply sub-divisions of the few major ones.
As of my last research on this a few months back, OPANA IS IN FACT GOING TO SWITCH TO THE NEW GLUE FORMULATION IN FEB OF 2012: (
If oxymorphone is ur DOC/DO nesseccity start stock piling NOW.

Disclaimer: I am an opana pt.
***newbies, PLEASE THESE ARE NOT UR MOMMA VIKE OR PERCS. IF u must do whag u must do please start very small and wait a half an hour or so before doing anymore. The time release agent in these some how does not break down when crushed to be insuff'ed and they will last @ least 4plus hours depending on if they are the ir/er fomulation. I am not recomending anyone do these. I am only try help those who because of lack of pain managment/control how to get the most from them with the the dangerous additives in the paint. The bio-avail to this particular med is IMO the greatest jump depending on how taken than any other I am aware. Oral is only ten%, with intrnasel be a HUGE jump to plus 60%,don't plug these such a waste of a great pain control med. / and dont IV them either another waste. Insuff is the best way to get the most pqin control out of these as possiable.

NOTE: moderators please know I am new here and I in no certain terms am telling anyone to do/try these. I hope I did not break any rules here and if I did please forgive me in advance and pm me what I said/did I should not have. Thank in advance, dUncatchableDragon

Last edited:
@ street-pharma....I do believe u should probably educate yourself a lil more before posting such bs as this. If quite frankly u are the one looking quite cognativly delayed by actually have the nads to post such incorect bs. Do ur self a favor before insults other .. DO YOU RESARCH FIRST FROM LIGITAMENT SOURCES. Ur street friend just don't count here!

" r u all retarded"
Re: The coating is morphine and the inside is oxymorphone = oxycontin

Can I ask you where u get ur knowledge from?!?

So, yes the inside is in fact oxymorphone you are right there. But oxymorphone is NOT OXYCONTIN!
Oxycontin is oxycodone with a time release mech for er. Are talking about MScontin?
Please don't just advise without true knowledge of what yo are saying. People die when they trust he said she said stuff, truley u are the ignorant one in this equation!
"Knowledge is power"
Albert Einstein

ughhh come on people, lemme make it easy for you...

step 1- put the coated Opana in your mouth, under the tung or gums for about 15 seconds.
step 2- remove the pill from your mouth and sit it on any surface, even roll it around in your fingertips lightly for about 30 to 60 seconds, letting the coating dry up a bit.
step 3- use your longest fingernail(not kidding) or something similar to peeeel not scrape, off the coating, starting at the farthest side of each side of the pill. The sides should be the easiest to get, but MAKE SURE THE COATING DOESNT DRY ALL tHE WAY WHILE DOING THIS!! The pill wont be the same, idk why it just isnt.
step 4- grab a giftcard/driverslicence/creditcard/millitaryID anything flat and hard, crush, and inhale.

Enjoy your stay in heaven.

I railed Opana the other night at a party, as well as 7 other people and I must say, it is an incredible drug. I only did a line and a half the entire night and i was fucking floating. Please be careful tho, my one friend weights about 110lbs and she did too much and kept blacking out to the point where we had to slap her in the face and yell to wake her up. she was a shaking mess. Also, strangly, this wasnt just noticed by me but by about 2/3 of the people that did it smoking cigs would make you puke almost instantly. That night I only had about 5 beers 2 kolonopins and a that line and a half of opana. it was very enjoyable, but careful not to take too much.

I've got a story for you. One time I did a giant line of opana and nodded out on my couch. It was a good nod, it could have been the best nod, but fate had to rear its ugly head. You see, my buddy had also did a line of opana. Little did I know, he had also taken lord knows how many valium that day. While I was way off in the wonderful land of noddingham, he was busy sucking up all the opana he thought he could hold. Until he finally overdosed, slumped over on his side, and aspirated. Thankfully, because he slumped over, he aspirated into only one lung. This was not quiet, and did eventually rouse me from my nod. Imagine someone snoring with their head in an aquarium. That's exactly what it sounded like. My junkie ass dragged him down the stairs, loaded him in a car, and did mouth to mouth on him until I got him to the hostpital. Thankfully, he was not quiet when he nearly died or he may have not woke me up. Now the kicker, how much opana did he actually get down? About 13 mg. How much valium earlier in the day? 50 mg. Moral of this story? Don't mix benzos and opiates because not everyone has the moral fiber to risk getting in trouble to save your life. (Yes, I very nearly got arrested, and charged with at least attempted manslaughter. The word attempted murder came up. Thankfully the medical staff pointed out to the police that I saved dudes fucking life)

Don't be stupid like I was and wait until something like this happens right in front of your eyes.

Put them motherfuckas thru a ped egg, coating and all. The only way to do it, u cant go wrong!

^yea i was wondering if something like a microplane would work to grind those. they used to work great for old formula oxy.

the time i tried an opana 40mg ER pill it was like snorting any other pill as stated above. made it into 4 lines and ripped them in about a minute each. had some nose goo like you get from xr morphine pills....only thing that sucked was is i am on 110mgs of methadone and i didnt feel a thing. everyone has said 1 40mg opana is equal to an oc80 in term of effect of snorting it. is that about true? i always thought it was like 3X stronger.

im thinking about taking like 2 days off my methadone and doing like 80mgs worth to see what the buzz is all about. id love to bang it, but as i understan d it, they are impossible to shoot.

yeah it is strong. And most people i know smoke way less when theyre high because it makes them sick too.

damn straight dawg thats the only thing i save money on when im on pans. hahahahah ive done 9 in the last two weeks( and i did 3 throughout the first week), and at 100$ a pop, not a habit worth getting into i couldve bought another car with that money :p, off topic but anyways. i dont know why everyone keeps saying therye gel up in your nose cause they dont, smooth as all hell. and fun as all hell.=D just dont overdo it , youll regret it

damn straight dawg thats the only thing i save money on when im on pans. hahahahah ive done 9 in the last two weeks( and i did 3 throughout the first week), and at 100$ a pop, not a habit worth getting into i couldve bought another car with that money :p, off topic but anyways. i dont know why everyone keeps saying therye gel up in your nose cause they dont, smooth as all hell. and fun as all hell.=D just dont overdo it , youll regret it

oh ya i meant too say ciggarettes lol, i smoke like 2 a day when i got my great lil stopsigns :p, bout pack pack and a half otherwise.

Last edited:
ughhh come on people, lemme make it easy for you...

step 1- put the coated Opana in your mouth, under the tung or gums for about 15 seconds.
step 2- remove the pill from your mouth and sit it on any surface, even roll it around in your fingertips lightly for about 30 to 60 seconds, letting the coating dry up a bit.
step 3- use your longest fingernail(not kidding) or something similar to peeeel not scrape, off the coating, starting at the farthest side of each side of the pill. The sides should be the easiest to get, but MAKE SURE THE COATING DOESNT DRY ALL tHE WAY WHILE DOING THIS!! The pill wont be the same, idk why it just isnt.
step 4- grab a giftcard/driverslicence/creditcard/millitaryID anything flat and hard, crush, and inhale.

Enjoy your stay in heaven.

Let me make it even easier. Put Opana in your mouth, use your tounge to roll it around on your cheeks and such for a few seconds, remove Opana, wipe it on your shirt or another form of cloth or paper towel, voila! Done.

people dont believe me but opanas dont do anything for me. i mean i take the coating off and snort them i can do 3 40s and nothing and other people i know cant even do a half a 40 and they are rocked i wonder why tat is?

I actually hate opiates (sorry guys) but tonight I got a 30mg octagon and snorted maybe 3 little lines of it and that was 5 hours ago and I still feel great. The pill still looks whole. I have no tolerance to opiates I prefer benzodiazepines and I'm sitting here about to play some Donkey Kong 2 on Super Nintendo and itch away! I also took 100mg of diphenhydramine...they mix well :)

Also: Ped-Egg FTW!

Last edited:
I take the coating off by putting it in my mouth, then squeezing it dry in a paper towel. Then I put it in the microwave to dry it off and make it a little harder. Then I grind it as fine as can be with a hose clamp and it rarely clogs up with me. If it does, I let it go down when it goes down.