• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Get the most out of your weed

tesknota88

Greenlighter
My friend discovered that taking one or two good hits every seven minutes will get you much higher than smoking all your weed at once. I don't know why it works, but I've been testing it for years with many people and they all seem to get the same result. It also delays the tolerance you would develop smoking the same kind of weed all the time.

Anyone else have tips to make a little go a long way?

I vaporize by using the hot air method. I pull hot air over good dank and it doesn't burn but get real dry. Its a different buzz for sure. A very manageable buzz. Good body high. I only vaporize for the first buzz of day. Then I save the same weed (dank shit) and roll it in a joint with other weed and it works fine for me. My weed now gives me more buzzes. Remember though if you never vaporized its a learning experience.

Vaporizing is my favorite way to smoke, but I still space out my hits by seven minutes for maximum effect. I also try to resist the munchies because eating usually kills my high.

maybe i've never used a good vaporizer cause i've never been able to get high using one

hot kniving is great if you know how to do it properly. making THC capsules is also really good

it all depends on the quality and quantity of your supply + what kind of high you're looking for. i much prefer eating bud these days. the high is psychedelic and lasts a good 5-6 hrs off 1/2g

on smoking practice; i don't feel higher if i space out each time i smoke..so i do it all in succession. i think this may have to do with smoking so much for years and getting burn out effect, even tho i don't smoke much anymore

my idea is to get high to the point of forgetting how to use a lighter, which is what always ends up happening =)

CAUTION: vaporized weed causes insomnia (for me)

oh
and..
if you smoke a blunt or joint, stop when there is about a centimeter to an inch left of weed and save this "grandfathered" weed.. this is a very effective practice because while you are smoking the blunt or joint the smoke, as it passes through the weed at your end of the blunt, is causing residue and Thc to stick and soak up into the weed at the butt of the joint or blunt.

Build up these little 5 sacs (or so) and have a smoke out session with a method of smoking of your choice after you have accumulated the desired amount of weed

VERY effective

Last edited:
dunno if anyone has heard of a method called pre baking?

basically, you put the weed in an oven at a lowish temperature for a while, and it becomes more potent but tastes like arse.

- I haven't actually tried it because I haven't smoked for 3+ months since I heard about it.

basically, you put the weed in an oven at a lowish temperature for a while, and it becomes more potent but tastes like arse.

- I haven't actually tried it because I haven't smoked for 3+ months since I heard about it.

i think that is more likely to reduce the weeds effectiveness. It would seem like your vaporizing some of the THC away. The highest i have ever been was after eating some herb in a muffin. I had auditory hallucinations for about 8 hours. It was like the sounds you hear when you are coming down off an acid trip. That and i was straight up baked for over a day. Now i cant really do weed liek that i get all anxious and panicked.

yeah ive done it when ive made butter in the past... honestly cant say if it helps/hinders because im always really baked after i eat that shit anyway.

yeah ive done it when ive made butter in the past... honestly cant say if it helps/hinders because im always really baked after i eat that shit anyway.

I dont think pre baking would make it edible, just more potent to smoke. You would still have to put it with some sort of fat/oil/alcohol/etc to ingest it orally right?

Pre-baking doesn't do shit.

The inactive forms of THC are converted when weed is smoked, you're heating it with a lighter, which turns it into the active THC.

haha, that this whole idea of pre baking exist is pretty solid evidence that marijuana is not good for the brain.

Personally, how I get the most out of my bud aka my prefered method of bunning = a nice hasty/corner store glass bong, the bigger the better no percs just like a nice shape and chamber. Coffee grind your bud, then for your bowls put a little bit of tobacco on the bottom then as much bud as you can pop in your bowl. The tobacco makes you significantly higher.

I dont think pre baking would make it edible, just more potent to smoke. You would still have to put it with some sort of fat/oil/alcohol/etc to ingest it orally right?

what the fuck are you talking about? you think i pre bake it then eat the buds? are you a retard? did you get dropped on your head as a child? OBVIOUSLY i meant you pre bake and then make butter or oil or whatever. the idea is to supposedly turn things that arent thc into thc by potentiating them with heat. i DONT KNOW if its true or not. all i know is that ive tried it and i honestly cant tell, because "after i eat that shit" im always really baked. or if i need to spell it out, "after i pre bake it, then make it into butter, then make brownies, then eat the brownies, im really baked"

also, there would be no point called it PRE baking if you just baked it then ate the buds. youd just be baking it. youd also be a fucking moron.

You can eat buds right off the plant and get a buzz, the deal with fat/oil is that THC is not soluble in water. So in order to extract it from the plant material you need to heat it in oil or butter. But that doesn't mean you cant get high if you just eat the buds right off the plant. The purpose behind extracting the THC in oil or butter is so that you do not have to eat all that plant material.

this is from erowid:

Eating
It is a myth that dried marijuana is completely inactive and must be heated before being consumed to activate the cannabanoids. While heating can increase potency by converting a less potent form of THC through decarboxylation[1], some psychoactivity is present even in fresh leaves and buds. Raw, dried cannabis taken orally can be quite strong, according to numerous first hand reports. Cooking extractions such as using butter or olive oil in a pan with heat are the most common ways to make cannabis-based foods and is considered to result in near maximum potency. [Section edited by Erowid Jul 2009].

The traditional method of eating it is to cook it in a brownie, especially when it is in the form of hashish, though it can be used in any number of things. The recommended method of eating marijuana is to saute it in butter or margarine over medium heat, then to strain the remaining solids out and use the butter to cook with. One can use this marijuana butter to make brownies, cook vegetables, or however else one might use butter to cook with, one can even spread it on a slice of bread. Many people will mix the the residual solids in with whatever they are cooking in hopes of making use of whatever cannabanoids might still be in them, but if done properly this in not generally valuable. A typical ratio for making the marijuana butter is one stick of butter to one eight of an ounce of marijuana, and headed for fifteen to twenty minutes.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq_consumption.shtml#eatdrink

what the fuck are you talking about? you think i pre bake it then eat the buds? are you a retard? did you get dropped on your head as a child? OBVIOUSLY i meant you pre bake and then make butter or oil or whatever. the idea is to supposedly turn things that arent thc into thc by potentiating them with heat. i DONT KNOW if its true or not. all i know is that ive tried it and i honestly cant tell, because "after i eat that shit" im always really baked. or if i need to spell it out, "after i pre bake it, then make it into butter, then make brownies, then eat the brownies, im really baked"

also, there would be no point called it PRE baking if you just baked it then ate the buds. youd just be baking it. youd also be a fucking moron.

Again i think that pre-baking is just an extra wasted step and could potentially burn off some of your THC. When you make cannabutter you are already heating the bud up to dissolve the THC into the butter. I do not think that it is going to make it more potent by heating it up before you heat it up. It just seems like a needless extra step.

Last edited:

My apologies. This IS the Cannabis Forum, and it DOES get a lot of stupid posts. I wasnt positive, so I was just clarifying. No need for the hostility brohan.

@Moral Decay: From what I have read even though eating marijuana by itself could get you high, it would be copious amounts of it and just hurt your stomach more than anything. Almost counter productive to the OPs question lol.

@Moral Decay: From what I have read even though eating marijuana by itself could get you high, it would be copious amounts of it and just hurt your stomach more than anything. Almost counter productive to the OPs question lol.

I'm sorry i wasn't intending for the OP to eat raw weed, was quoting you because you asked if weed HAD to be dissolved in oil or fat to be ingested orally. I wanted to point out that it is not absolutely necessary to do so, that it is a commonly referred to myth that weed NEEDS to be cooked or heated and extracted into oil to be active orally. saying that it is not absolutely necessary to put weed into oil to be eaten.

Pre-baking doesn't do shit.

The inactive forms of THC are converted when weed is smoked, you're heating it with a lighter, which turns it into the active THC.

lol... it's called decarboxylation. you know how curing bud makes it more potent? well the curing is just decarboxylating the THC-A into THC. you can achieve the same effect using a little heat and time. i only do this with hash, but you could do it with buds. heat the product up to around 200F (i go for 210F) and keep it heated for a few minutes. for maximum effect you would decarboxylate for 10 or so minutes. but i value terpines and they boil off at lower temperatures, so i only decarboxylate my hash for about 3 minutes.

SUPER EFFECTIVE.

not really, but it is nice. wouldn't do it for buds, but if i had premature shit i would hash it and do a full decarboxylation on it. that is the one place where decarboxylating makes a huge difference - with premature shit.

Last edited: