• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

thanks psilo:)

sonic said:
I've tried snorting O-desmethyltramadol powder before which is the strong M1 metabolite of tramadol. Snorting it burned quited a bit and I ended up with a sinus infection as a result of snorting it just a couple times.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=5902742&postcount=2

sonic stepped down from his BL duties recently and i don't think i've seen him active since so you may want to drop him a PM asking him for some input when he gets the chance

i sent a PM to sonic asking him to drop by with a response the next chance he has when he's logged onto bluelight

^ Um no, it is not "part" of tramadol.

The pharmacological profile of Tramadol is far more complex than that of plain o-desmethyl.

Tramadol itself has a strong affinity for SERT but weak affinity for NET and opioid receptors. Both O-desmethyl isomers have a negligible (none?) affinity for SERT and a high affinity for Mu and, in the case of M1 (forgot which isomer this one is), a high affinity for NET.

What this means is that when you take tramadol, you experience 3 distinct and very synergistic effects. When you take o-Desmethyl, you experience one less of these, and thus the synergy is very different.

For all intents and purposes, they are two completely different drugs.

p.s. Why on earth is this in BDD?? It should be in ADD!!

This is spot on, Jamshyd. I have not tried O-desmethyltramadol on its own. I use tramadol for antidepressant effects, as my depression has a significant component of body aches. SSRIs affect my mood adversely and I cannot tolerate the side effects of any I have tried.

The synergy appears to balance my mood. I could abuse it, but why? Between benzodiazepine therapy and tramadol, my depression and panic disorder are approaching remission.

I am abstinent from other opiates and have been for years. I will note, though, that if I forget to take my dose of tramadol, I am prone to nausea. We don't know if that's my nerves or me getting "dopesick". I have halved my dose as of this week, remain stable, no w/d. I would like to be free of it but will not be hesitant to reinstitute my sensible dose if my symptoms return.

Tramadol is a wonderful drug for atypical depression. I see no real point in abusing variants or metabolites of it, particularly among people with an existing opiate tolerance.

The pharmacological profile of Tramadol is far more complex than that of plain o-desmethyl.

Tramadol itself has a strong affinity for SERT but weak affinity for NET and opioid receptors. Both O-desmethyl isomers have a negligible (none?) affinity for SERT and a high affinity for Mu and, in the case of M1 (forgot which isomer this one is), a high affinity for NET.

What this means is that when you take tramadol, you experience 3 distinct and very synergistic effects. When you take o-Desmethyl, you experience one less of these, and thus the synergy is very different.

For all intents and purposes, they are two completely different drugs.

So with this profile what other opioid would it be similar too, other than tramadol?!

So with this profile what other opioid would it be similar too, other than tramadol?!

It is similar to tramadol. Yes.

It is chemically-related to tramadol, yes.

It IS tramadol? No.

It is PART OF tramadol? No.

:)

EDIT: Wait, if you are actually asking me, rather than giving a rhetorical question, then my answer would be: I don't know, since I haven't tried it (yet). But since tramadol itself is so unique and incomparable to any other opiate I tried, and seems to have different effects of different people, this class of "mutant-opioids" seems to be incomparable to other, more traditional opioids.

----

posa: I found tramadol has almost miraculous affects on stopping any kind of desire to drink alcohol. Just writing this brings me to tears because for those of us who can use it for this purpose, the tramadol itself presents a big addiction problem as well. Please be careful. I would never want to see you suffer what I did :(.

Tramadol addiction is definitely no fucking joke. The depression I feel without it, the loss of motivation, etc.

Jamshyd - And it's weird that you say that about it stopping the desire to drink, and although I'm not an alcoholic, I am a Xanax addict and it (tramadol) helps keep me away from that shit.

Tramadol addiction is definitely no fucking joke. The depression I feel without it, the loss of motivation, etc.

Jamshyd - And it's weird that you say that about it stopping the desire to drink, and although I'm not an alcoholic, I am a Xanax addict and it (tramadol) helps keep me away from that shit.

I'm not really into opiates so I don't think I'll get hooked. The most I've had is about 400 mgs codeine a day some years ago. I just want something to land after a trip so I will only take it ocasionally.

For those saying 'OMG I LOVE TRAMADOL' regarding this, it is certainly nothing like it in terms of effects.

Feels much more like a stronger opiate, lasts a decent amount of time, too. I've nodded on it, and I've also spend hours on it being ridiculously stimulated, rambling to people on MSN. For some reason, it did feel somewhat more 'dirty' than most other strong opiates.

I guess I enjoyed it. For some reason I find it hard to say. But I do not find it hard to say that the effects are not anything like Tramadol.

Does anyone say that Methamphetamine feels simillar to MDMA? No. But there are chemical simillarities. Certainly doesn't mean the effects will be comparable.

I'd really hate people getting into this simply because they like Tramadol and think that, because the name of this chem is simillar, it will be simillar.

This is not simply a stronger version of Tramadol.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I couldn't tell you the dose. The first times I'd tried it was with that Krypton Kratom stuff. Who knows how much they put in there?

After that with the 'pure' powder, I was rather silly and eyeballed it. Not something I normally do.

Sorry about not being too clear on this.

Not even a rough estimate?!

Maybe he did A GRAM.

/ducks

But yea for now I decided to hold off on it. Maybe if I get a surplus of cash I'll give it a shot. But that's not very likely.

I'd rather not estimate how much I had taken, incase I mention a much higher figure and someone takes it as advice.

If anybody knows how much is in the Kryptom Kratom though, I've probably taken a bit over a gram of that overall on some occasions, to good effect. Tastes foul though, and who knows exactly how much I would have taken with that gram of plant material there?

I'm certain though, considering the effects, it'd likely be rather addictive. I doubt anybody would be surprised if it is.

If anybody knows how much is in the Kryptom Kratom though, I've probably taken a bit over a gram of that overall on some occasions, to good effect. Tastes foul though, and who knows exactly how much I would have taken with that gram of plant material there?

That's what's wrong with selling products without being specific about what's in them. People could have ODed. Luckily there'll be little quantities of the stuff in the krypton product.

Does anyone say that Methamphetamine feels simillar to MDMA? No.

Yes they do. I did, there are certainly some crazy similarities between the two. The 'rolling' feeling, the racing thougts, the feelings of empathy...

Not trying to start shit, it's just that, this is the reason that people are going to be like "I think tramadol is fun, I wanna try this other tramadol stuff, too." Seems to me that's how alot of people think.

im a curious cat and this ones got my attention.

i wont go out buying any just yet, knowing that i have problems with opiate addiction.
But if some happens to cross my path i wont decline.

Im interested to see what the people think of it once more rerports start rolling in.

Do we know anything about this drug?
Dose?
Duration?
most importantly, is it as likely to cause seaizures as tramadol?

I'd really hate people getting into this simply because they like Tramadol and think that, because the name of this chem is simillar, it will be simillar.

This is not simply a stronger version of Tramadol.

ahem...you do realize that this is the principle metabolite of tramadol? it is majorly responsible for the opioid activity of tramadol - the SSRI and SNRI effects are nuances - this is the heart of tramadol euphoria. anyone who has taken tramadol has effectively taken o-desmethyltramadol - so yes they are similar, very similar.

So, I already have some of this stuff but still no idea about the dose. Has anyone tried it yet? I'll wait for the weekend anyway.