Bluelight

Thread: O-Desmethyltramadol

Page 1 of 30 123451121 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    O-Desmethyltramadol 
    Well I have the opportunity to try out this chemical. I know it's what Tramadol metabolizes into and it's suppose to be responsible for the opiod effects.

Has anyone ever tried this though? And also would happen to know that the dosage would be for someone with say 80mg O.C Tolerance.

Now I'm also thinking it would be safe to assume that the seizure risk is still there as well. Can anyone elaborate?
    Last edited by Unknown; 16-12-2009 at 07:36. Reason: prefix update

2. Collapse Details

Australian Drug Discussion
    I don't know much about this drug, if you enjoy tramadol I am sure it could be good but lots of people don't care for it. I imagine it would be a lot like tramadol but with lower doses needed for effects and less SNRI effects, possibly none.

If you have 80mg OC tolerance you probably wont get a whole heap out of this drug, assuming its not much stronger than tramadol and there is still the seizure risk.

3. Collapse Details

Yea I used to enjoy tramadol before I got into OC. So yea I suppose it's not worth it with the seizure risk due to the tolerance now.

4. Collapse Details

I was just planning on opening a thread about this one

Any info on dosing? I'v got no opiate tolerance and this one seems very interesting to me.

5. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    I took some of the Krypton Kratom which was found by several sources to contain this tramadol metabolite. As a user of hydrocodone and morphine, I actually found it to give a buzz alot different from tramadol. Not strong by any means, but it keeps w/d's at bay for awhile and gave me a semi-body buzz. Not sure of the exact dose but I took 2 caps.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by theotherside26 View Post
    I took some of the Krypton Kratom which was found by several sources to contain this tramadol metabolite. As a user of hydrocodone and morphine, I actually found it to give a buzz alot different from tramadol. Not strong by any means, but it keeps w/d's at bay for awhile and gave me a semi-body buzz. Not sure of the exact dose but I took 2 caps.
    How would you compare it to tramadol?

7. Collapse Details

What would be the oral dosage for O-Desmethyltramadol ?!

8. Collapse Details

OD to BDD

9. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    The weird part was it didn't feel like tramadol. Trams give me an excited energy for around 4 hours and makes me feel happy in a geeky kind of way. O-Desmethyltramadol, or what was supposed to beO-Desmethyltramadol(no way to know 100percent ) felt more chill like a low dose hydrocodone mixed with some weird darvocet type feelings. Not great, but acceptable when your desperate.
    Last edited by theotherside; 26-10-2009 at 20:38.

10. Collapse Details

Damn, you lucky bastard. Tramadol is one of my favorite drugs, and I would give my left nut to try O-desmethyltramadol. I would give my right nut for a perpetual prescription for Nucynta (talpentadol). Haven't tried it yet but god willing I shall.

11. Collapse Details

From what I have compiled after searching the internet, if you have any opiate tolerance, this is not worth the money. As stated already, it is similar to Tramadol which already has the general idea of not being worth it. Also because of that, it still, as also previously stated, has the risk for seizures. I know of one person on another forum I post on with big opiate experience who had a tramadol seizure himself, so it does happen, and it is scary.

I assume that since a certain site put this substance up for sale recently, around the time of this thread being created, there will be a huge wave of questions asking about this. Also, RC sites offering an Opioid-like product is NEW and FUCKING EXCITING! They just need to offer better shit now and then I will be happy. As an IV opiate user, this was exciting at first, but then disappointing once I actually did my research and realized what it actually was.

For someone with no opiate tolerance/very little, this might be worth it. Assuming you were doing 100mg doses of this (I got that number from somewhere else on BL, not sure if it is legit or not) you would get ~10 doses per gram. *snip*
    Last edited by Shambles; 29-10-2009 at 00:32. Reason: no price discussion in OD outside of the main price thread, please

12. Collapse Details

wouldn't this be active at lower doses than 100 mgs for someone without opiate tolerance?! Doses of tramadol can be as low as 50 mgs or less so a starting dose of this should be much lower I guess
    Last edited by moniorojo; 27-10-2009 at 19:39.

13. Collapse Details

I'm curious, too, as to what dose of O-desmethyltramadol would be equal to say, a 300mg dose of tramadol?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwighlight View Post
    I'm curious, too, as to what dose of O-desmethyltramadol would be equal to say, a 300mg dose of tramadol?
    It's supposed to be 2 to 4 times more potent than tramadol

15. Collapse Details

mmm...delicious.

I wonder why it hasn't been made into a prescription medication yet?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwighlight View Post
    mmm...delicious.

I wonder why it hasn't been made into a prescription medication yet?
    it is, it's tramadol

just 'part' of tramadol

but still, i'm surprised to see this widely available all of a sudden

17. Collapse Details

^ Um no, it is not "part" of tramadol.

The pharmacological profile of Tramadol is far more complex than that of plain o-desmethyl.

Tramadol itself has a strong affinity for SERT but weak affinity for NET and opioid receptors. Both O-desmethyl isomers have a negligible (none?) affinity for SERT and a high affinity for Mu and, in the case of M1 (forgot which isomer this one is), a high affinity for NET.

What this means is that when you take tramadol, you experience 3 distinct and very synergistic effects. When you take o-Desmethyl, you experience one less of these, and thus the synergy is very different.

For all intents and purposes, they are two completely different drugs.

p.s. Why on earth is this in BDD?? It should be in ADD!!

18. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    I think it's probably in BDD as it's recently been "unleashed" on the wider RC market so a fair few folks who maybe wouldn't normally visit ADD will probably be trying it in the near future, Jammy.

I'm actually quite interested in this one myself as I have a certain fondness for tramadol and a wider fondness for opioids in general. I must admit I enjoy the slightly stimulating flavour that tramadol provides but am tempted by this stuff. Even if only for novelty value.

19. Collapse Details

^i've got the same interest and fondness for tramadol myself it's nearly my six year anniversary of being scripted

i remember sonic having used this previously though i cant seem to locate the thread in OD at the moment. i really need to go to sleep

i left this thread in OD originally but see Unknown moved it here. it was better off staying in OD because there are basically nil threads on it or even with mentions of it

20. Collapse Details

Shifting to OD per request

21. Collapse Details

thanks psilo

Quote Originally Posted by sonic
    I've tried snorting O-desmethyltramadol powder before which is the strong M1 metabolite of tramadol. Snorting it burned quited a bit and I ended up with a sinus infection as a result of snorting it just a couple times.
    http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost....42&postcount=2

sonic stepped down from his BL duties recently and i don't think i've seen him active since so you may want to drop him a PM asking him for some input when he gets the chance

22. Collapse Details

i sent a PM to sonic asking him to drop by with a response the next chance he has when he's logged onto bluelight

23. Collapse Details

Capsule
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamshyd View Post
    ^ Um no, it is not "part" of tramadol.

The pharmacological profile of Tramadol is far more complex than that of plain o-desmethyl.

Tramadol itself has a strong affinity for SERT but weak affinity for NET and opioid receptors. Both O-desmethyl isomers have a negligible (none?) affinity for SERT and a high affinity for Mu and, in the case of M1 (forgot which isomer this one is), a high affinity for NET.

What this means is that when you take tramadol, you experience 3 distinct and very synergistic effects. When you take o-Desmethyl, you experience one less of these, and thus the synergy is very different.

p.s. Why on earth is this in BDD?? It should be in ADD!!
    This is spot on, Jamshyd. I have not tried O-desmethyltramadol on its own. I use tramadol for antidepressant effects, as my depression has a significant component of body aches. SSRIs affect my mood adversely and I cannot tolerate the side effects of any I have tried.

The synergy appears to balance my mood. I could abuse it, but why? Between benzodiazepine therapy and tramadol, my depression and panic disorder are approaching remission.

I am abstinent from other opiates and have been for years. I will note, though, that if I forget to take my dose of tramadol, I am prone to nausea. We don't know if that's my nerves or me getting "dopesick". I have halved my dose as of this week, remain stable, no w/d. I would like to be free of it but will not be hesitant to reinstitute my sensible dose if my symptoms return.

Tramadol is a wonderful drug for atypical depression. I see no real point in abusing variants or metabolites of it, particularly among people with an existing opiate tolerance.

24. Collapse Details

So with this profile what other opioid would it be similar too, other than tramadol?!

25. Collapse Details

^
    Maybe Nucynta (talpentadol)...IDK, someone here surely knows better than I.

Page 1 of 30 123451121 ... LastLast