Monster Massive - Los Angeles, CA

^all types of trance?? :(

Here's the map, in case nobody saw it yet.
NSFW:
Mm-Map.jpg

I was comparing it to last years, and the it seems to be a fair amount larger. I was reading about previous years on bl and how there was just too many people to really enjoy yourself, I hope the new layout helps with that. They really shouldn't be overselling tickets like that imo.

ive seen crystal castles live 4 times now

suck hardcore every time.

its funny too cause i love their productions

^^
that sucks to hear that Crystal Castles aren't that good live but i kind of expected it.
Also i don't hate all types of trance I love psytrance, most progressive trance, i like a lot of 90's anthem trance and I love ATB. I dont like armin or tiesto and most trance headliners for massives, all there stuff has way to many break downs IMO.

ive seen crystal castles live 4 times now

suck hardcore every time.

its funny too cause i love their productions

thats because listening to a heavily drugged up Alice Glass scream at you isnt exactly what people would call a fun time.

The beats are always nice
its Alice that kills it IMO

Hope everyone has a fun and plurry night tomorrow, despite the fact that you'll be listening to trace ;)

^all types of trance?? :(

Here's the map, in case nobody saw it yet.
NSFW:
Mm-Map.jpg

I was comparing it to last years, and the it seems to be a fair amount larger. I was reading about previous years on bl and how there was just too many people to really enjoy yourself, I hope the new layout helps with that. They really shouldn't be overselling tickets like that imo.

The dirty, sweaty, dark sports arena is what makes MM and TAO what it is, to me anyway. I'm curious as to what the reviews will be of the new layout.

maybe it's cause i'm new too the scene but i dunno why MM has such a bad rep. you could tell some people only wanted to get 'fucked up' and exclaiming just that, and the entrance line blew donkey ass, but everyone i talked with seemed responsible and plur filled. i had a real good time. sasha kicked ass too.
i had to get away from the main stage when armin came on though, wayyy to many people packed and jammed up. also i didn't even bother going into the sports arena dance floor, because they had yet another sardine-packed line just to get in that. 8) overall it was a great time.:)

The line to get in was absolute bullshit. My friend and I got there (in line) at 8 and didn't get in until 9:15. Horribly organized. People were trying to rush the gates from the back, causing a mob of hundreds of people to get pushed forward. Some girl behind me went unconscious, dunno what happened but luckily there was a staff member nearby to radio it in. Some asshole stole a girl's ticket right outside and her boyfriend started beating the shit out of him. A bunch of fuckheads knocked one of the gates over too and tried to rush in to the event, could have ruined it for all of us.

So as you can imagine I was pretty bitter going into it, that is until I actually got in. The stages were amazing, the fire spouts going off when I was rolling balls was almost too much to handle lol. I didn't get onto the dancefloor indoors because the lines were to long, but I was perfectly content to sit up in the stands and dance my ass off up there.

All in all, it would have been my favorite rave so far had it not been for the horrible experience waiting to get in at the beginning. I swear, everyone is the exact opposite of PLUR when waiting to get into a rave, then once they're in it's all love and hugs. Fucking weird.

maybe it's cause i'm new too the scene but i dunno why MM has such a bad rep. you could tell some people only wanted to get 'fucked up' and exclaiming just that, and the entrance line blew donkey ass, but everyone i talked with seemed responsible and plur filled. i had a real good time. sasha kicked ass too.
i had to get away from the main stage when armin came on though, wayyy to many people packed and jammed up. also i didn't even bother going into the sports arena dance floor, because they had yet another sardine-packed line just to get in that. 8) overall it was a great time.:)

see: eon blues reply under yours

heard this year was better than usual though

That sounds like EDC 08. Fucking horrible. Glad you guys had fun though!

I swear, everyone is the exact opposite of PLUR when waiting to get into a rave, then once they're in it's all love and hugs. Fucking weird.
Very. Very, very.

Worst night ever. I got my car stolen from the parking lot that night. Walking out of monster to expect to get into your car and go home but then not finding your car anywhere was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

Worst night ever. I got my car stolen from the parking lot that night. Walking out of monster to expect to get into your car and go home but then not finding your car anywhere was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

jesus christ, sorry man. That does sound awful :( I was coming down so hard when we left Monster, if that shit happened to me I don't know what I would have done. Ugh.

Did you end up recovering it or...?

Damn that's terrible!! How did the rest of your night prior to that go?
I swear, everyone is the exact opposite of PLUR when waiting to get into a rave, then once they're in it's all love and hugs.
I was trying to make the best of it chatting with people, but all the pushing from behind was really starting to get to me.

If you guys want a taste for what the lines were and how people were acting check these out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkk-lXqHhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWgZa1dBxg

I had just gotten there a few minutes before the first one, and was 3/4 of the way through during the second.(not my videos, found by coincidence.)

I really thought the riot squad was gonna come or something. Everything was gravy once I got in tho, just like eon said.

lol sounds exactly like EDC. Exactly. Man just looking at those videos makes me nervous.

jesus christ, sorry man. That does sound awful :( I was coming down so hard when we left Monster, if that shit happened to me I don't know what I would have done. Ugh.

Did you end up recovering it or...?

The car hasn't been recovered yet. Its probably completely chopped up by now. I don't expect to ever see it again. It was such a clean car. And yes, it was terrible walking around the lot at 4am trying and hoping to find my car thinking "did I forget where I parked because I'm rolling still?". That was not very nice.

I don't think I'll ever go to monster again. I don't want to deal with that insane line, having to worry about my car being stolen, and blowing out black snot when I get home from all the dust and dirt flying around because people were shuffling in the dirt lot by the port a potties.

All in all, monster was pretty weak. I think EDC was much better. I really only went to see Armin play his set but when he did, he played some really weak music, like lots of male vocal trance which I absolutely hate. During those songs I would just go around and meet new people. And there were some cool as f*ck people over there. That was probably the only good experience of my night.