Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mescaline + alcohol?

Changed

Bluelight Crew
Can't find much info on the interwebs.

Anybody have experience mixing mescaline (cactus tea, orally ingested) + beer/liquor??

Thinking about taking a medium sized dose on Halloween and going out with friends.

Personally, I would never waste a mescaline experience by tainting it with alcohol. It's just one of those "higher order" psychedelics that I think should be saved for more reflective experiences.

If you have other psychedelics I'd take those and save the mescaline for another time.

That said, if you do take mescaline and drink, it'll numb out your trip and might just be a drunkfest. It'll also likely be harder on your body, the body load will be highly amplified and you might not end up feeling too good.

If you're going out partying on Halloween why not just stick with the booze?

Didn't someone make this same thread just a few days ago? Can't seem to find it though. Deja vu.

I did mescaline & alcohol last halloween & had a fantastic night out. I wasn't planning on drinking at first, but the cactus was stronger than expected & some drinks made things easier.

The mescaline afterglow made the hangover a little more bearable too.

Ive drank with extracted mescaline a couple times and it was good fun just dont over do it and itll go smoothly.

There is a magic ratio of alcohol where instead of acting like a bumbling fool with no coordination or reason you find that right level where your inhibitions are lowered but you are still in full control of your body and conversation is enhanced. If you can eyeball that golden ratio and drink no more than that, perhaps it would be ok to drink while on mescaline. I have actually had some pretty deeper conversation on nothing but beer or wine, as long as I didnt get carried away.

Its a euphoric mix. Less visionary but might make it feel a little more like E, but different. Electric static from the sky kind of feeling.

How familiar are you with drinking cactus? There's often some pretty serious nausea with cactus - walking around with your friends is the last thing you are going to want to do. You're going to want to lay down somewhere to minimise the intense nausea.

A few drinks on the comeup/ throughout the trip is pretty nice and helps keep any nausea in check imo. I don't really feel the intoxicating effects of alcohol when I'm tripping, though I've never had very much and will most likely keep it that way.

How familiar are you with drinking cactus? There's often some pretty serious nausea with cactus - walking around with your friends is the last thing you are going to want to do. You're going to want to lay down somewhere to minimise the intense nausea.

I've done it twice and have found that fasting + eating raw ginger + sipping the tea over the course of a half hour results in little to no nausea.

sounds like I'll drink to tea and have 3 or 4 drinks...

Mixing alcohol with mescaline is a serious disservice to mescaline.
You're using one of the most beautiful substances on earth with the absolute ugliest.
Shame on you :\

While I dont think alcohol is necessarily ugly when used in moderation (it can be ugly for some people), I can definitely respect wanting to keep it pure. I dont think I would want to mix it, but it might not be dangerous in small amounts.

I have drank alcohol with mescaline tea many times, you should be fine as long as you wait for the tea to settle in your stomach first and the nausea to pass.

Mixing alcohol with mescaline is a serious disservice to mescaline.
You're using one of the most beautiful substances on earth with the absolute ugliest.
Shame on you :\

I'll be having a good time while you come down off your high horse...

I like to take a low dose of mescaline (threshold/stimulant to moderate psychedelic) a couple of hours before a party. Get through the come up, have most of the psychedelic effects, and then go out and start drinking as you come down.

Mescaline stops being psychedelic before it stops being stimulating. The psychedelic effects trailing off add a nice edge while the stimulation keeps you alert as you drink. Just don't go crazy. I partied too hard once and though my mind stayed alert my body got hammered. By the end of the night I just lay on the couch not being able to talk without slurring my words. I was still in a great mood, though.

I like how mescaline adapts to the situation and doesn't take over your mind. You can have a visionary trip by yourself or commune with a small group of people or get drunk and party all night. It generates a lot of goodwill towards all to boot.

thank you for your input. I'll probably dose early and let the effects settle before I go out.

Personally, I would never waste a mescaline experience by tainting it with alcohol. It's just one of those "higher order" psychedelics that I think should be saved for more reflective experiences.

If you have other psychedelics I'd take those and save the mescaline for another time.

That said, if you do take mescaline and drink, it'll numb out your trip and might just be a drunkfest. It'll also likely be harder on your body, the body load will be highly amplified and you might not end up feeling too good.

If you're going out partying on Halloween why not just stick with the booze?

mecaline is better with alcohol in a club setting, its very difficult to end up too sloppy as the mescaline functions like a strong stimulant and the alcohol makes the enviroment more tolerable (tripping around drunks is only good if you are drunk). its ace to dance on and i've pulled on this exact combo.

the body load was minimal and mdma like euphoria but with a comic dark edge! delta9 get over your drug snobbery-we all know alcohol is rough but its an important part of parties none the less and psychedelics are sometimes good for shallow fun and high grade dance skills

Its just one of those things out of sheer principal that i choose not to do.

your taking one of the most beautiful psychedelic experiences and bring it down and make it sloppy with alcohol....

i agree with delta and jamaica. Alcohol isn't a clean drug. Mescaline is beautiful. With mescaline alone you will feel social and empathetic enough, without the judgment clouding effects of booze.

Peyote and other cacti are considered by many to be a religious drug that produces a spiritual experience. Mescaline plus small amounts of alcohol is very euphoric like E. People wouldnt get mad if you just wanted to party and take e or even speed and heroin (maybe they would be judgmental but not in the same way). Its not that you are choosing the euphoria over deep psycho-spiritual revelations, but the fact that people elevate the plant to something holy and dont want it to be brought down to the level of a party drug.

I can respect that. I use peyote religiously and not just as a fun drug. However, I can also appreciate people just wanting to have fun. I have come to realize that sometimes fun is more healing and therapeutic than deep thoughts are. Sometimes you need to shut all the intellectual stuff down for a minute and just have a good time. If mescaline can offer somebody that, if they can have as much fun as if they were doing E and yet be doing less damage to their system to lower toxicity, Im not going to look down on them for that. I think most of us have done fun drugs in the past and I dont necessarily think peyote will be offended.

Peyote and other cacti are considered by many to be a religious drug that produces a spiritual experience. Mescaline plus small amounts of alcohol is very euphoric like E. People wouldnt get mad if you just wanted to party and take e or even speed and heroin (maybe they would be judgmental but not in the same way). Its not that you are choosing the euphoria over deep psycho-spiritual revelations, but the fact that people elevate the plant to something holy and dont want it to be brought down to the level of a party drug.

I can respect that. I use peyote religiously and not just as a fun drug. However, I can also appreciate people just wanting to have fun. I have come to realize that sometimes fun is more healing and therapeutic than deep thoughts are. Sometimes you need to shut all the intellectual stuff down for a minute and just have a good time. If mescaline can offer somebody that, if they can have as much fun as if they were doing E and yet be doing less damage to their system to lower toxicity, Im not going to look down on them for that. I think most of us have done fun drugs in the past and I dont necessarily think peyote will be offended.

great post! I completely agree. I take mescaline very often. I mix half and half "introspective" and "recreational" trips. But often they can be both. However, sometimes it's great to just have fun!! I never would take E but mescaline at low doses is very recreational

If you don't want to mix mescaline and alcohol, that's great! Don't do it.

I don't see the problem with spending a couple of hours tripping, coming down, and heading out on the town to have drinks while you're still too stimulated to sleep (or whatever - if it's safe for you and you like it, I won't pretend to judge).

I've attended some wonderful drug-centric parties but the majority of people don't eat mescaline on the weekends. Mescaline is a beautiful drug in part because it doesn't hijack your mind or your emotions. Together with its stimulating nature, it is a perfect psychedelic for parties. It pairs reasonably well with alcohol, which helps.

If you don't like to take psychedelics at parties, that's cool too. Personally, I don't like taking psychedelics outside in the woods. That doesn't mean I would ever tell someone that it was bad to take psychedelics in the woods. People seem to enjoy it!

It's obvious that everyone likes different things. I like to take mescaline because it makes me feel great. My primary trip on mescaline is one of estrangement from reality and a simultaneous wonder-filled appreciation of life. What better place to explore that duality than at a friend's party with a beer in your hand?

Seriously, after tripping god knows how many times in a variety of different places and with different pre/misconceptions, I have an easier time sitting around the house watching a movie or talking with friends than with trying to make it "special" every time. The drug (i.e. your brain responding to the drug) doesn't care how you come at it, it cares why. The only times I don't have a good experience are when I'm lying to myself about what I want or when I don't know ("You didn't know what you wanted? Well, it's probably not... THIS!!!" "Thanks, DMT...").

Also, I find it hard to swallow some of the sanctimony above (what is this, DMT Nexus? I kid because I love). A "disservice to mescaline"? Because the mescaline cares sooooo much about you and it pouts when you "taint" it with alcohol (heaven forbid you try to manipulate the experience with some pot, caffeine, theobromine, THH, stramonium seeds, a little benzo at the end, etc etc etc). Hate on alcohol if you want to, but I'd say that it's a pretty valid way to round off the side effects. The mescaline never makes me feel bad about it the next time.

What experience should I be having? Forget that, just have it for me, I'd probably just taint it somehow.

exactly, drugs are drugs and mescaline is one of the few psychedlics that meshes well with alcohol due to its ecstacy/speedy like high and ability to retain a sense of reality and who you are. 4-Aco-DMT i found recently also is amazingly euphoric with alcohol but is way to intense to be out when drinking. i miss the grounded speedy power of mescaline:). and yes i have had halucinogens with alcohol and without alcohol, both have their advantages just like doing them with mdma or amphetamines or cannabis (not so good in my experience). combo's are a way to doctor the drug to your situation