• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Plugging zolpidem (ambien)

barnstable84

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

I just had my ambien (named Stilnox here) script filled and I asked my doctor if I could try the 12.5mg slow release pills rather than my usual 10mg ones. I was given the actual Stilnox brand, not generic ones.

I crushed my dose up and, apart from the blue coating of the pill refusing to break down, all was well. I mixed in my hot water, walked away for a minute while the water cooled and when I came back, my solution was a really thick, gluggy gel. I could still draw it into my syringe ok, but it took longer than usual to kick in, so i'm assuming his has something to do with it?

I hope i've posted this in the right spot, but I just wanted to check if anyone has experienced this or if anyone knows more about this issue in particular.

Thanks guys, you're always so helpful when I need advice!

i think pills with extended release whatever they use to make it release slow gels up when it gets wet

Almost all extended release pills gel up on contact with water, but it doesn't mean they wont be effective when plugging them.
I've never plugged zolpidem and dont think I ever will but,
I do plug opioids with regularity. High dose, potent, extended release opioids (MS-Contin (morphine), mostly OpanaER(oxymorphone), Oxycontin (oxycodone) ) and they always gel, and they always work great :D

I'd give it a shot man, it should work, and if it doesn't, just ask for your IR's back :)

-TheMatador

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help. I think i'm going to ring my doctor and ask for my usual ones back because I'm also a bit annoyed that the new doc i'm seeing only scripted me about half of what i'm normally scripted for. I won't go into details as to why i'm on them, but it's just not going to get me right through the 2 months.

I forgot to ask in my original post at th start of this thread, but with the Ambien CR tabs with the blue coating, do you guys crush it with that still intact or do you somehow dissolve it? I'm paranoid i'll lose valuable amounts of the drug, but I guess licking it off saves it?

Sorry to ask such a silly question!

hey u can try snortin them, thats what i'm doing with mine
Photo_00118.jpg

ahhahahahahahah

I forgot to ask in my original post at th start of this thread, but with the Ambien CR tabs with the blue coating, do you guys crush it with that still intact or do you somehow dissolve it? I'm paranoid i'll lose valuable amounts of the drug, but I guess licking it off saves it?

Sorry to ask such a silly question!

i allways cut mine off or u can rub it off with a wet towel cuz u cant get all that wet

not tryin to be rude or belittle you, but thats a horribly stupid idea, use the drug for what its meant to do, plugging it isnt gonna make it work faster, stronger, or 'better'. its a god damn sleep aid...........

Plugging is awesome. I like it better than snorting. Its cool to have the buzz come over you without your nose being on fire. It is at least as effective, maybe more.

Just plugged 2 12.5 zol ER's dissolved in warm water (I always wash the coating off, usually by sucking it off, but this mfr has made it impossible to handle the taste), I felt a quicker buzz snorting, but again, this brand's drip taste is worse than the burn. The longer I type, the more the buzz comes on stronger... yayyyy!

B fisher, sorry but that is completely inaccurate. When I plug it I only have to use half of my oral dose. Plugging Ambien is the way to go.

Plugging Ambien....really? To each his own I suppose...Ive done plenty of things Im not particularly proud of. Not trying to be condescending, just genuinely surprised! Let us know how that turns out.....

Plugging Ambien....really? To each his own I suppose...Ive done plenty of things Im not particularly proud of. Not trying to be condescending, just genuinely surprised! Let us know how that turns out.....

Plugging Ambien is definitely the way to go. I decided to plug one night when I ate dinner late and didn't want to take on a full stomach because I knew it would almost certainly reduce effectiveness. I plugged 20 mg and passed out like a light within 20 minutes and in a beautiful stupor, better than I had ever experienced before.

I will never not plug ambien again. Now I go anywhere from 20 - 40 mg and every time, bioavailability seems far superior than oral, and it kicks in much quicker. After opis and arylcyclohexylamines, it is my favourite drug tp plug.