Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemi

Bluelighter
Hi fellow psychonauts,

A quick question regarding the duration of LSD. We all know that for LSD tolerance to disappear 100%, you must wait at least 5-7 days after tripping before your next dose. Now, I smoke a fair amount of ganja (trying to quit) but I rarely smoke during my trip. I dropped 3 as well as 1 pill of MDMA on Saturday night, and I had a *big* smoking session on Wednesday night. After about 10 minutes of being in a fairly stoned state, I felt like I was tripping, just a little bit. Some of my mental processes were definitely reminiscent of an LSD trip. After about an hour I sobered up and just felt the usual "high" feeling I usually get from marijuana.

My question is this; if it does take 5-7 days for tolerance to disappear, doesn't that mean our receptors are still reacting from the LSD? We all know marijuana, in higher doses, can have an altering effect on a trip (usually more visuals but I get more "frightening" thoughts on THC during a trip) so does this mean that we can get slight flashbacks from THC after recently having ingested LSD?

I like to think I know more than I do about how THC and LSD affect the brain, but in reality my knowledge is pretty limited. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I get flashbacks on THC after LSD trips within the last week. The thing is though for me its a bad flashback, lots of negative thoughts without any solutions to them.

Yeah I must agree my thoughts were negative as well, but I always get negative thoughts when combining THC and LSD so *shrug*

mine are positive but i combine thc with everything. is "flashbacks" and "feeling like your tripping a bit again" the same thing? ive had the odd flashback and they go either way, whereas the feeling i get from smoking some good ole mj after a nice trip is something i enjoy immensely.

Nah, I can't really say they were "flashbacks", I just got in a bit of a mind loop, which surprisingly didn't happen to me on the Saturday night (MDMA tends to make that sort of thing difficult on LSD, for me at least) and the first thing that sprung to mind when it happened was that it reminded me of a previous trip from a few weeks earlier. Kind of threw me a bit. Hopefully it was just a once off.

When I get flashbacks colors look slightly off, if I stare at the ceiling and relax I can see patterns, and my thought process changes to that when Im tripping

Chemi, here's our Big&Dandy LSD questions thread with links to subthreads (such as tolerance and side effects) in the first post.

Read up and try using the "search this thread" function and feel free to ask any follow up questions there. I'm going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.