• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What the fuck did my doctor give me? What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not revive old threads if we don't have anything constructive to add. Opinions on how recreational or un-recreational a drug is doesn't fit in with our Basic Drug Discussion guidelines. It's different strokes for different folks and everyone's experience will be unique to a certain extent. And for the record, Quetiapine (Seroquel) is a comparatively very safe drug. People get freaked out by the term "antipsychotic" and assume it must be some hardcore medication, but it's really not. It's safe enoug that it's become one of modern medicine's "panaceas".

It's prescribed for a lot of different purposes. As you mentioned, it's a useful antipsychotic, but it's also prescribed for conditions as mild as insomnia. Obviously, you shouldn't just take medication willy nilly if you don't need it, but in the grand scheme of things, Quetiapine is pretty benign.

Yes its called .75 mg. Im not sure if we have em in the usa, but they definately do exist. Also @ everyone talking shit about seroquel; it is not as bad as everyone is saying. For someone who doesnt really need it, you definately shouldnt take it. But it is effective for people with parkinsons, let alone its an extremely effective drug for people with schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia), take it from someone who knows (me). 50 mg, as mentioned above, is a very low dose. I wish people wouldnt talk if they dont really have experience or real information on it besides hearsay and possibly a time they took it for some recreation purpose (as it does have limited use as such). I should add that have been on 400 mg of seroquel xr for more then 3 years. The zombie effecr it has really wears off within about a month of taking it.

The OP posted this in 2009. They wouldn't see your response so I'm closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.