• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What the fuck did my doctor give me? What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Goto drugs.com or webmd or wiki and you will get all the dosage/indication/interaction info you want. It shouldn't be our responsibility to explain fundamental info that is available from a simple google search. Take some initiative and actually do some basic research.

2. After you have researched your drugs to your satisfaction it is understandable that you might want the opinions of others. I happen to agree with the above posts for the most part, although I have a hard time believing the only problem you have is a self confidence issue and a little insomnia. Those 3 drugs, taken in combination would obliterate almost anyone, and not in a good way.

Lorazepam is a relatively light benzo. It is in the same family of drugs as Xanax and Valium. It is prescribed for anxiety and can help with insomnia. Keep in mind it is addictive and tolerance builds FAST. 1/4 of one of those pills an I am out like a light. No high, no euphoria. The effcts on me are relaxation and sleep. Usually 15 minutes of relaxation, followed by sleep. You will probably like thus drug but be very careful. It is very very easy to become dependent on and addicted to.

Trazodone is basically a sedative with anti depressant qualities. For me it knocks me the fuck out. 10 hours, no problem. It can cause a hungover feeling the next day. It really puts me out. However, tolerance will build fast and the sedative effects won't be nearly as strong after a few times. I would use it sparingly if I were you, and only when you have the time for at least 8 hours of sleep.

Seroquel has been acurately described by the above posts. I have never taken it and never plan on taking it. After I broke up with my girlfriend at the time, she was a mess and her doc gave her seroquel and she took it for the first time on a Sunday night and woke up in the middle of the morning on Wednesday!!! She missed 2 full days of work and didn't even call out. She literally just completely lost 2 and a half days. I have heard nothing but horror stories from others as well. Seroquel should be an absolute last resort to be used only if nothing else works and you need to either sleep or go to the psych ward.

3. In conclusion I can only tell you what has worked for me and my patients and friends (I am a paramedic btw). Keep in mind no one posting on these boards no anything about you other than the small amount you have told us. I never had a confidence problem but it took me years to overcome a problem with insomnia.

For me, being diagnosed ADD and prescribed adderall really made a huge difference. It let me pour myself into my studies and work. By the end of the day I am exhausted and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Note I am different from most people and also I do not abuse my meds, and never take my addies after 1:00pm as it is a powerful stimulant. You can create a similar effect by running or working out during the day. Try going for a long hike in the woods. Not only will it relax you but you will be tired as hell at the end of the day.

If you still feel the need for pharmaceutical help, benzos like your lorazepam WILL help, but they come with dangerous strings attached. And relying on them to function is a truly slippery slope.

Try ambien for sleep, it is very effective for most people and much safer. You might also want to try gabapentin (neurontin), you can google it. It is prescribed for nerve pain primarily but it is very versatile. It helps me fall asleep and one of it's effects is a better, more productive sleep. I feel refreshed in the morning, like the opposite of a trazodone hangover.

Talk to your doctor man, it sounds like you might have some deeper issues. And be careful with those drugs you got there. None of them will get you high really or produce euphoria. Do yourself a favor and research them in depth. It's nice to have others opinions but it's way more important to understand what exactly you are doing to yourself before you pop a pill. All the best dude and good luck with everything.

This thread should be closed, since the OP doesn't even know how to spell or how to read. Mods, I say, Lock Her up! :p

My ex took seroquel. She had schizo effective disorder. Don't mess with that unless you have a serious mental illness.

My ex took seroquel. She had schizo effective disorder. Don't mess with that unless you have a serious mental illness.

^^^

Exactly, take it from ArtVanDalay who has actual experience with seroquel with his girlfriend. Don't fuck around with that shit.

How do you get to 0.375mg lorazepam? Is there a pill that divides up evenly into that or something?

three out of four quarters of a 0.5mg pill.

This is not OD material, let's move it to BDD. This would get closed if it were posted again in OD, so let's avoid this kind of stuff.

Talk to your doctor, he's the one prescribing you medication.

yeah I remember times in the county jail, dudes would give me they seroquel when I couldn't sleep and It would pass me the fuck out, and one time this dude gave me his klonopin I had no idea what it was but I took it and started reading a book on my bunk, next thing I know it was like 5 hours later, I had blacked out and everyone said I got up and got my dinner tray ate it and put it back on the tray cart went back to my bunk and laid down again, but I don't remember a bit of it, just took it laid down to read and bam lost 5 hours, I never took that again lol

Ive taken Seroquel for depression along with my SSRI and didn't notice anything bad (?) I currently don't take it because its too expensive and I no longer have any medical insurance to help me pay for it. The SSRI I take is Luvox (c) ie. Fluvoxamine 100MG

Hi
I had Seroquel and it actally made me madder than I was, Its nasty, I prefer Chlorprmazine although take when needed.
Sophie

I've taken all the stuff now for a few days.

I like the lorazepam. It makes me wild especially with alcohol or weed in my system. First time I have ever enjoyed weed this much.

Seroquel and Trazadone - not sure if they are working but when they knock me out at night - I'm out. and groggy in the morning.

I told him I'm extremely self-conscious and have a slight problem with insomnia.

ive been extremely self concious for years and live on less than 4 hours of sleep a night if that, but i didnt think for a second that a doctor would do anything but tell me to stop wasting their time, hell they basically brushed me off when my left lung had a 25% collapse! then once they did the x-ray at hospital they treated me like i was half dead, but even then they didnt give me any decent drugs, all i got was one measly 30mg codiene

seroquel's been prescribed before off-label for sleep issues...

why the seroquel demagoguery?

Indeed, I've been taking 25-50 mg at night to sleep, a small dose, works WAYYY better then my temazepam and zopiclone.

don't sleep for an entire day, then take 12.5 mg seroquel at 9pm, get up at 6am, and maintain this schedule for the rest of your life otherwise you don't even know what you're heading for.
50 mg seroquel is too much for an initial does, any real doctor will tell u that, go to a random hospital and tell the doc there that u have been prescribed 50 seroquel for Mild Insomnia, watch how he flips out on u

Real talk
All day everyday

You are probably just really sleepy and hungover in the morning. That is a lot of sedating medication. And 50 mgs is a low dosage of seroquel which makes you more sedated and trazadone is basically only used to make you sleep and lasts throughout the next day if taken at night. I suggest you take them earlier in the evening or get put on a stimulant for the daytime to wake you up like dexedrine or adderall

those are pretty low doses for everything. i'm on a bunch of bipolar meds and theyre way higher than yours. all your combo will do is make you extremely tired. if you haven't had trazodone before they should have given you a lower dose like a 25 or 50.. But i'm on 200. Anyway you are find i don't know why u are freaking out.

ive been extremely self concious for years and live on less than 4 hours of sleep a night if that, but i didnt think for a second that a doctor would do anything but tell me to stop wasting their time, hell they basically brushed me off when my left lung had a 25% collapse! then once they did the x-ray at hospital they treated me like i was half dead, but even then they didnt give me any decent drugs, all i got was one measly 30mg codiene

This has been my experience with doctors as well. How do you people find doctors that prescribe benzos your first visit and shit?!

This has been my experience with doctors as well. How do you people find doctors that prescribe benzos your first visit and shit?!

My doctor gives me basically anything I want. I asked for xanax and prozac my first visit and she gave it to me.

How do you get to 0.375mg lorazepam? Is there a pill that divides up evenly into that or something?
Yes its called .75 mg. Im not sure if we have em in the usa, but they definately do exist. Also @ everyone talking shit about seroquel; it is not as bad as everyone is saying. For someone who doesnt really need it, you definately shouldnt take it. But it is effective for people with parkinsons, let alone its an extremely effective drug for people with schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia), take it from someone who knows (me). 50 mg, as mentioned above, is a very low dose. I wish people wouldnt talk if they dont really have experience or real information on it besides hearsay and possibly a time they took it for some recreation purpose (as it does have limited use as such). I should add that have been on 400 mg of seroquel xr for more then 3 years. The zombie effecr it has really wears off within about a month of taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.