• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Morphine vs. Oxycodone (tolerance?)

I could eat or snort 400mg-600mg a day and not even nod where if I booted it, 100mg-200mg had me feeling right.

^^^Exactly..The Bottom Line:IV morphine is in fact stronger then Oxycodone dosed in any of the common ROA's.Ask someone Like Phatass or Captain Heroin which is stronger,they'll set you straight.Morphine is 3 times stronger when given IV compared to oral.Supeudol,you gotta think of the b/a gain.You dont have to be mad because Oxy was your DOC and you didnt know IV morphine was so powerful.You're just wrong on Oxycodone being stronger,it is if you compare oral doses,but thats because of the bioavailability issues.Morphine is stronger on a weight for weight basis.no need to apologize,I accept.

One more time just so it sinks in,Morphine is stronger then Oxycodone if the Morphine is given via IV,even if the Oxy is IV'd,Morphine still comes out on top.

Last edited:
Supeudol - you need to stop attacking people. Your posts are wildly contradictory.

When you start getting excited and telling everyone they're wrong about the doses they're posting, etc, you are going to confuse people and end up causing lots of problems.

OntarioGuy was right in his original post, you just took what he said out of context and didn't read his entire post.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Morphine is NOT 1.5x stronger than Oxycodone you have it the wrong way. Read the fucking FAQ's. It's the other way around. Unless Morphine is IV'ed, it SUCKS completely. 8)

Oxycodone is the most popular opioid in North America, and why do you think that is? Because it is 1.5x stronger than Morphine, and it has an ORAL bioavailability of 86%.

Morphine's ORAL bioavailability is about 33%. So Unless Morphine is IV'd - which makes the bioavailability 100% ONLY if its IV'd. Just like anything you IV, the bioavailability is going to be 100%.

suninthenight: DO NOT listen to OntarioGuy as he has absolutely no experience, and has not done his research yet. You can even tell from his spelling.

As a drug, Morphine IS more potent than oxycodone on the whole.
10 mg morphine IV = 15-20 mg oxycodone IV.
Oxycodone is TECHNICALLY more potent ORALLY ONLY! But that has more to do with the absorption of the drug in the body, not the drug itself.
When the drugs can both be fully absorbed into the blood stream (through IV use), morphine is more potent. This is a MEDICAL FACT!

Supeudol - you need to stop attacking people. Your posts are wildly contradictory.

When you start getting excited and telling everyone they're wrong about the doses they're posting, etc, you are going to confuse people and end up causing lots of problems.

OntarioGuy was right in his original post, you just took what he said out of context and didn't read his entire post.

Do the math, drapedup. Oxycodone has an ORAL B/A of 86%. Morphine has an ORAL B/A of 30%. Oxycodone is almost 3X as strong as Morphine when both are taken ORALLY. 8)

Yes, Morphine is stronger by IV ONLY. Other than that, Morphine has little to no use orally, unless a patient has a very low opiate tolerance.

EDIT: That is what I just said in my post. But OntarioGuy doesn't seem to understand that this thread was about ORAL usage. I know that Morphine is stronger when given IV, obviously. I never said it wasn't. But when using ORALLY, if you were to take 20mg of Morphine, you are only getting 6MG passed the blood brain barrier. If you were to take 20mg Oxycodone ORALLY, approximately 17mg is going to pass the blood brain barrier. I've gone over this so many times, and he doesn't seem to understand because he is so strung out.

no not by IV only,as a drug it is stronger,its the absorption of the drug that seems to effect the potency.yeah Oxy will be stronger in equivelant doses,but if you make up for it by calculating the b/a's morphine will be stronger.100 milligrams of morphine(after metabolism) equals ~150 milligrams of Oxy(after metabolism.)

yes it is,morphine is morphine,regardless of how its packaged.and Morphine is actually 1.5-2 times as strong as oxycodone..morphine just has a low b/a in basically all areas but IV.so say you eat 100 milligrams of morphine,with a b/a of ~20-30%...that means about 20-30 milligrams of the original 100 milligram dose makes it to the brain.Which should be 30-40 milligrams of Oxycodone....but IV that same 100 miligrams,we're now looking at 150+ milligrams of Oxycodone...Morphine is not complete shit....you need to do some research if you think that...

Here's my first post where it lays it all out simple as can be,this guy just took what I said out of context..this guy must be slow or something.

is it really that hard to comprehend?and Im talking about calculating the doses,so the same dose ends up in the brain.so take 100 milligrams of morphine so 30 milligrams passes the bbb,and X amount of Oxy to get 30 milligrams across the bbb...the morphine will be stronger.

xycodone
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with oxytocin, oxandrolone, oxidation, or oxazepam.

Oxycodone
Systematic (IUPAC) name
4,5α-epoxy-14-hydroxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-one
Identifiers
CAS number 76-42-6
ATC code N02AA05
N02AA55 (in combinations)
PubChem 5284603
DrugBank APRD00387
ChemSpider 4447649
Chemical data
Formula C18H21NO4
Mol. mass 315.364 g/mol
SMILES eMolecules & PubChem
Synonyms dihydrohydroxycodeinone, 14-hydroxydihydrocodeinone, 6-deoxy-7,8-dihydro-14-hydroxy-3-O-methyl-6-oxomorphine[1]
Pharmacokinetic data
Bioavailability Up to 87%
Protein binding 45%
Metabolism Hepatic (CYP450: 2D6 substrate)
Half life 3 - 4.5 hr
Excretion Urine (19% unchanged)
Therapeutic considerations
Pregnancy cat.
B/D (prolonged use or in high doses at term)
Legal status
Controlled (S8)(AU) Schedule I(CA) Class A(UK) Schedule II(US)
Dependence Liability Moderate - High
Routes oral, intramuscular, intravenous, intranasal, subcutaneous, transdermal, rectal, epidural[2]
(what is this?) (verify)
Oxycodone is an opioid analgesic medication synthesized from opium-derived thebaine. It was developed in 1916 in Germany, as one of several new semi-synthetic opioids in an attempt to improve on the existing opiates and opioids: morphine, diacetylmorphine (heroin), and codeine.[2]
Currently it is best known as the main active ingredient in a number of oral medications commonly prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain. Oxycodone can be combined with inert binders (e.g., OxyContin, Roxicodone, OxyIR); with paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen (e.g., Percocet, Endocet, Tylox, Roxicet); with aspirin (e.g., Percodan, Endodan, Roxiprin); and with ibuprofen (Combunox). Of the oral medications containing oxycodone, OxyContin is notable for its sales; for controversies concerning its patent status and marketing; and for its potentials for hazardous use, harmful use, dependence, and diversion.

Oxycodone is an opioid analgesic medication synthesized from opium-derived thebaine. It was developed in 1916 in Germany, as one of several new semi-synthetic opioids in an attempt to improve on the existing opiates and opioids: morphine, diacetylmorphine (heroin), and codeine.[2]

What that means is that Oxycodone was developed to improve medical treatment with narcotics. Morphine and heroin are notorious for causing severe side-effects compared to most other opioids (ie. nausea, vomiting, constipation, histamine release - itching, and respiratory depression).

Codeine is known to cause allergic reactions.

Therefore, oxycodone was an improvement because not only was it's dependence liability thought to be lower than morphine/heroin, but it also caused less respiratory depression, constipation, itching, nausea and vomiting. Thus, oxycodone was a safer and improved narcotic analgesic.

So your original idiotic comment that "morphine is complete shit" compared to oxycodone is still utterly ridiculous. Morphine IS a more potent drug than oxycodone on the whole, and its side effects profile is notoriously more intense - everything from constipation to euphoria.

Last edited:
What that means is that Oxycodone was developed to improve medical treatment with narcotics. Morphine and heroin are notorious for causing severe side-effects compared to most other opioids (ie. nausea, vomiting, constipation, histamine release - itching, and respiratory depression).

Codeine is known to cause allergic reactions.

Therefore, oxycodone was an improvement because not only was it's dependence liability thought to be lower than morphine/heroin, but it also caused less respiratory depression, constipation, itching, nausea and vomiting. Thus, oxycodone was a safer and improved narcotic analgesic.

So your original idiotic comment that "morphine is complete shit" compared to oxycodone is still utterly ridiculous. Morphine IS a more potent drug than oxycodone on the whole, and its side effects profile is notoriously more intense - everything from constipation to euphoria.

We are talking about ORAL USE HERE [snip]. If you haven't read it already. I've taken boat loads of morphine orally and have never felt Euphoria. Yet with Oxycoone, I get the best Euphoric rush ever, until tolerance comes into play. You people are just IV Users. Morphine is NOT Euphoric at all when used ORALLY. [snip] It has a B/A of 30%. 8) 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about ORAL USE HERE [snip]. If you haven't read it already. I've taken boat loads of morphine orally and have never felt Euphoria. Yet with Oxycoone, I get the best Euphoric rush ever, until tolerance comes into play. You people are just IV Users. Morphine is NOT Euphoric at all when used ORALLY. [snip] It has a B/A of 30%. 8) 8)

Yes orally, it takes less oxycodone to get high than it does morphine. But that has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with the potency of the two drugs. That is a result of metabolic absorption and nothing more.
But you were trying (futilely, of course) to argue that somehow oxycodone was more potent than morphine - that is utterly ridiculous.
Your arguements are futile, ridiculous and delusional because at the end of the day, drug for drug by weight morphine is about 2x as potent as oxycodone is, 3x as potent as hydrocodone, and more than 10x as potent as codeine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes orally, it takes less oxycodone to get high than it does morphine. But that has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with the potency of the two drugs. That is a result of metabolic absorption and nothing more.
But you were trying (futilely, of course) to argue that somehow oxycodone was more potent than morphine - that is utterly ridiculous.
Your arguements are futile, ridiculous and delusional because at the end of the day, drug for drug by weight morphine is about 2x as potent as oxycodone is, 3x as potent as hydrocodone, and more than 10x as potent as codeine.

You are so Out of IT, you don't even know what you are saying or where you are. I'm not going reply back to a troll like you.

You are so Out of IT, you don't even know what you are saying or where you are. I'm not going reply back to a troll like you.

LOL, nice cop out. You have no arguement so you cop out, typical of a loser. :D

LOL, nice cop out. You have no arguement so you cop out, typical of a loser. :D

Yeah, I have already explained it about 20 fucking times. You are so fucking retarded. I know from experience that Oxycodone is a hell of a lot stronger than Morphine when we are talking ORAL USAGE HERE.

oly fuck man, how many times do I have to say it? Exactly - YOU HAVE TO TAKE MORE MORPHINE to equal the equivalency of Oxycodone when you are DOSING ORALLY. It's fucking all over the web, ON narcotic conversion sites. Even on this site you moron.

For ex: If I take 200mg of Oxycodone orally, 87% of that 200mg makes it passed the blood brain barrier.

Now If I take 200mg of Morphine orally, only 30% of that 200mg makes it passed the blood brain barrier.

There you go! Fuck I put it into simple math for you. Oxycodone is almost 3X Stronger than Morphine when taken ORALLY. 8)

I've also stated about 20 different times in this thread and others. Fuck you don't even read, or don't know how to read because you are way too strong out. I hope you OD, because you are fucking useless to society. And how the fuck is morphine (a full agonist) better than Suboxone for maintenance purposes? And Show me where I ever mention Diamorphine taken Orally? Diamorphine is a completely different molecule that just 'morphine' itself. Please do some research before posting again because you look like a fool. Typical Troll that gets high, and then comes on bluelight thinking he's kingshit. Well I've been clean 57 days, and you are too much of a pussy to quit opioids because you can't hack the withdrawals. You are a fucking pussy little kid. 8)

Great point. Everyone on this site knows oral oxy is better than morphine as you've clearly just stated.

Yeah, I have already explained it about 20 fucking times. You are so fucking retarded. I know from experience that Oxycodone is a hell of a lot stronger than Morphine when we are talking ORAL USAGE HERE.

oly fuck man, how many times do I have to say it? Exactly - YOU HAVE TO TAKE MORE MORPHINE to equal the equivalency of Oxycodone when you are DOSING ORALLY. It's fucking all over the web, ON narcotic conversion sites. Even on this site you moron.

For ex: If I take 200mg of Oxycodone orally, 87% of that 200mg makes it passed the blood brain barrier.

Now If I take 200mg of Morphine orally, only 30% of that 200mg makes it passed the blood brain barrier.

There you go! Fuck I put it into simple math for you. Oxycodone is almost 3X Stronger than Morphine when taken ORALLY. 8)

I've also stated about 20 different times in this thread and others. Fuck you don't even read, or don't know how to read because you are way too strong out. I hope you OD, because you are fucking useless to society. And how the fuck is morphine (a full agonist) better than Suboxone for maintenance purposes? And Show me where I ever mention Diamorphine taken Orally? Diamorphine is a completely different molecule that just 'morphine' itself. Please do some research before posting again because you look like a fool. Typical Troll that gets high, and then comes on bluelight thinking he's kingshit. Well I've been clean 57 days, and you are too much of a pussy to quit opioids because you can't hack the withdrawals. You are a fucking pussy little kid. 8)

Approximately 20 mg oxycodone ORALLY provides the same amount of analgesia (pain relief) as 30 mg morphine ORALLY despite the fact that the BA of oxycodone is significantly higher. In that oral dose of morphine, only 30% is made available - so about 10 mg. Of the oxycodone dose, you are getting about 87% of the dose - so about 17 mg.

Oxycodone is more readily absorbed through the gut, it is not more potent.

Do you get it now?

Diamorphine (heroin) is for all intents and purposes, a faster acting form of morphine. It is an ester of morphine. Heroin is morphine with an extra acetyl group. The two drugs are basically one and the same.

Last edited:
An excerpt from a clinical research paper:

However, this perception is not supported by the results of clinical studies comparing the physiological and subjective effects of injected diacetylmorphine and morphine in individuals formerly addicted to opioids; these subjects showed no preference for one drug over the other. Equipotent, injected doses had comparable action courses, with no difference in subjects' self-rated feelings of euphoria, ambition, nervousness, relaxation, drowsiness, or sleepiness. Short-term addiction studies by the same researchers demonstrated that tolerance developed at a similar rate to both diacetylmorphine and morphine. When compared to the opioids hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxycodone, and pethidine/meperidine, former addicts showed a strong preference for diacetylmorphine and morphine, suggesting that diacetylmorphine and morphine are particularly susceptible to abuse and addiction. Morphine and diacetylmorphine were also much more likely to produce euphoria and other positive subjective effects when compared to these other opioids.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13767429

This guy doesnt quit,he must not understand b/a...he thinks the b/a has to do with the power of the drug.or he has a genetic mutation of some sort that causes his body to destroy all morphine that enters his body.

I would take an IV shot of 100 milligrams of morphine over an IV shot of 200 mg's of oxy anyday.
He just doesnt understand,when its all metabolized,and b/a is no longer a part of anything,the morphine is stronger.whether it be oral,rectal etc...

Approximately 20 mg oxycodone ORALLY provides the same amount of analgesia (pain relief) as 30 mg morphine ORALLY despite the fact that the BA of oxycodone is significantly higher. In that oral dose of morphine, only 30% is made available - so about 10 mg. Of the oxycodone dose, you are getting about 87% of the dose - so about 17 mg.

Oxycodone is more readily absorbed through the gut, it is not more potent.

Do you get it now?

Diamorphine (heroin) is for all intents and purposes, a faster acting form of morphine. It is an ester of morphine. Heroin is morphine with an extra acetyl group. The two drugs are basically one and the same.

Jesus fuck, you can't read worth a shit. I was comparing 20mg of Oxycodone Orally to 20mg of Morphine Orally. And some of stupid fucks seem to think morphine is more powerful when taken orally.

20MG of Morphine ORALLY = 6MG ABSORBED Through the BBB.
and 20MG of Oxycodone Orally = 17MG ABSORBED through the BBB.

kokaino, don't fucking copy my posts you prick and pretend that they are yours. GET IT NOW? Asshole. I was comparing 20mgs, not 30mgs. Fuck you can't read worth a jack rabbits ass.

Also, Oxycodone is WAY more Euphoric than Morphine. ;)

So, quit whining because you can't get a script for Oxy's. You're just mad because all you can find is morphine. Why don't you think about getting clean before posting anything further. Because your mind is fucked right now. 8)

Last edited:
Also, Oxycodone is WAY more Euphoric than Morphine. ;)

According to whom, you? 8o

A clinical research paper doesn't agree with you:

However, this perception is not supported by the results of clinical studies comparing the physiological and subjective effects of injected diacetylmorphine and morphine in individuals formerly addicted to opioids; these subjects showed no preference for one drug over the other. Equipotent, injected doses had comparable action courses, with no difference in subjects' self-rated feelings of euphoria, ambition, nervousness, relaxation, drowsiness, or sleepiness. Short-term addiction studies by the same researchers demonstrated that tolerance developed at a similar rate to both diacetylmorphine and morphine. When compared to the opioids hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxycodone, and pethidine/meperidine, former addicts showed a strong preference for diacetylmorphine and morphine, suggesting that diacetylmorphine and morphine are particularly susceptible to abuse and addiction. Morphine and diacetylmorphine were also much more likely to produce euphoria and other positive subjective effects when compared to these other opioids.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13767429

I know why I prefer morphine over oxycodone. :D