• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Morphine vs. Oxycodone (tolerance?)

suninthenight

Greenlighter
So I got some 30mg ms contin (morphine) recently.

I'm wondering if it will make me sick. I use about 20mg oxycodone 3x a day. I don't want to take these if they'll just make me throw up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

It's really about your body chemistry I have found that some will be fine on ms cotin and completly throw up everything with oxy and the doses are pretty much the same. start slow and your body will let u know

So I got some 30mg ms contin (morphine) recently.

I'm wondering if it will make me sick. I use about 20mg oxycodone 3x a day. I don't want to take these if they'll just make me throw up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

LOL, morphine is complete shit. If you are taking 60mg of oxycodone/daily. Those 30mg mscontin WILL NOT even touch you. Morphine is complete shit, unless you IV it. Otherwise, there is no point to morphine. Oxycodone is already 1.5x stronger than Morphine. There is no comparison, Oxycodone is WAY stronger. Yeah those 30mg mscontin pills might make you sick if you are allergic to codeine and get sick from codeine. If I was you, I would sell those 30mg mscontin pills and get some Oxycodone. ;)

It's really about your body chemistry I have found that some will be fine on ms cotin and completly throw up everything with oxy and the doses are pretty much the same. start slow and your body will let u know

The doses are not the SAME at all. You are throwing up from the oxycodone because Oxycodone has an ORAL bioavailability of 86%. Morphine has an ORAL bioavailability of ONLY 33%.

Oxycodone is WAY stronger. The only way morphine is going to hit you hard is if you IV it. Other than that, Oxycodone is a hell of a lot stronger than morphine and thats why Oxy makes you sick, because your tolerance is EXTREMELY low, 30mg of MSContin is peanuts. Also MSContin is the worst form of morphine to come in.

M-Eslon, or Kadians are stronger because you get some more bioavailability from it, probably close to 50%.

^ do you have any sources to back up that some preparations of morphine have a higher bioavailabilty? cause im pretty sure that is BS....

didn't know that!!

I had no clue oxycodone was stronger...I thought morphine was like 10x stronger...not so intimidated anymore...

so I don't IV, that means it's pretty much useless to me?

yes it is,morphine is morphine,regardless of how its packaged.and Morphine is actually 1.5-2 times as strong as oxycodone..morphine just has a low b/a in basically all areas but IV.so say you eat 100 milligrams of morphine,with a b/a of ~20-30%...that means about 20-30 milligrams of the original 100 milligram dose makes it to the brain.Which should be 30-40 milligrams of Oxycodone....but IV that same 100 miligrams,we're now looking at 150+ milligrams of Oxycodone...Morphine is not complete shit....you need to do some research if you think that...

yes it is,morphine is morphine,regardless of how its packaged.and Morphine is actually 1.5-2 times as strong as oxycodone..morphine just has a low b/a in basically all areas but IV.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Morphine is NOT 1.5x stronger than Oxycodone you have it the wrong way. Read the fucking FAQ's. It's the other way around. Unless Morphine is IV'ed, it SUCKS completely. 8)

Oxycodone is the most popular opioid in North America, and why do you think that is? Because it is 1.5x stronger than Morphine, and it has an ORAL bioavailability of 86%.

Morphine's ORAL bioavailability is about 33%. So Unless Morphine is IV'd - which makes the bioavailability 100% ONLY if its IV'd. Just like anything you IV, the bioavailability is going to be 100%.

suninthenight: DO NOT listen to OntarioGuy as he has absolutely no experience, and has not done his research yet. You can even tell from his spelling.

Last edited:
^ do you have any sources to back up that some preparations of morphine have a higher bioavailabilty? cause im pretty sure that is BS....

No, I actually do not have any sources that different preparations of morphine have higher availability. But, I've used Morphine on many occasions - always Orally of course, because I don't IV, and I never want to go down that road. Anyways, MSContin is VERY waxy, and has a TON of fillers. Whereas Kadian brand Morphine or M-Eslon (if you live in Canada) is in CAPSULE form, and just has the beeds.

This is just my own experience with morphine using different brands, and MSContin - I never felt anything, because my Oxycodone tolerance was up to 600mg/daily. Yet when I dosed a few 200mg M-Eslon Morphine capsules, when it kicked in, I felt much more relief than I ever have with dosing the SAME amount of MSContin. %)

Anyways, I've been clean for opioids now for 56 days. Went to detox/rehab here in Canada, and I am finally on Suboxone. You Americans are so lucky. You had Suboxone out in 2002. Health Canada just FINALLY approved Suboxone in late 2008.

so my tolerance isn't that high...20mg oxycodone and I feel good, which I do about 3x a day so I dunno. I've never taken morphine and I'm just nervous about it's strength.

But if the bioavailablility is that much lower I could take the 2 30mg MSContins and not be in danger of getting sick

so my tolerance isn't that high...20mg oxycodone and I feel good, which I do about 3x a day so I dunno. I've never taken morphine and I'm just nervous about it's strength.

But if the bioavailablility is that much lower I could take the 2 30mg MSContins and not be in danger of getting sick

Like I said in my post above. Morphine ORALLY is nothing. Infact, I get a stronger effect off of 60mg of Codeine than I do off of two 30mg MSContins. If you are ALLERGIC to codeine and cannot handle codeine, than morphine will make you sick. But if you have no problems taking codeine, morphine should be fine. But I wouldn't get too excited from taking Morphine orally, especially two 30mg MSContin pills. The bio is only around 30% orally, whereas Oxycodone's bio is about 86%.

You might feel a VERY mellow mild effect from the 30mg MSContin tablets, but no euphoria at all. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

Anyways, if I was you I would trade it in for some Oxy's to somebody. But if you would like to try the mscontin 30mg's, go ahead, but don't expect anything euphoric at all. Ontarioguy is full of shit. :\

Well I might do that. I can get two perks for the price of the one morphine pill...especially if it won't do anything

It is up to you, but I would rather take the two perks, instead of one 30mg mscontin.

A simple search would have done you good.

From the OD Directory:

Dosage Equivalence::

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

10mg Oxycodone PO
6-8mg Hydrocodone PO
12.5-15mg Methadone PO
20-30mg Morphine PO
50-60mg Codeine PO
.5-1mg Buperenorphine Sublingual
10mg Oxycodone Intranasal

read: 10mg Oxycodone [oral] = ~25mg Morphine [oral]
so you'll need ~50mg of Morphine to 'feel' it.. even then I wouldn't expect much.
And I doubt you'd get sick unless you're allergic to Morphine/Codeine.

From the OD Directory:

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

10mg Oxycodone PO
6-8mg Hydrocodone PO
12.5-15mg Methadone PO
20-30mg Morphine PO
50-60mg Codeine PO

so you'll need ~50mg of Morphine to 'feel' it.. even then I wouldn't expect much.

Good post there BaybeX. But the Hydrocodone is off there, Oxycodone is stronger than Hydrocodone PO. And also, 10mg Oxycodone PO is = to about 80mg morphine PO. What site did you goto to get those numbers? Some of them are a little off by far :\, but some of them are pretty close.

Oh nevermind, you got those numbers from the bluelight OD directory. 8) I cannot believe they are trying to say that Hydrocodone PO is stronger than Oxycodone PO. Bluelight didn't do a lot of research on these numbers. 8)

From the OD Directory:

Format:
Dose / Drug Name / Route

10mg Oxycodone PO
6-8mg Hydrocodone PO
12.5-15mg Methadone PO
20-30mg Morphine PO
50-60mg Codeine PO

Actually, 10mg Oxycodone PO = 15mg Hydrocodone PO. AND 10mg of Oxycodone PO is = 23.4MG of Morphine PO.

PO stands for ORAL for some of you who don't know.

well,those are oral doses...Morphine is in fact 1.5 times as strong then oxycodone (By weight) when given via IV.It takes way more IV Oxycodone to kill my sickness/get me high then it does morphine.Oxy is overrated,its just a high dose pill with a matrix that is very easy to break.it also has a high oral and nasal b/a,which morphine does not.Like I've said before,I've seen a dude overdose cuz he thought morphine was shit,and he was addicted to OC(granted only about 2 80's a day) but he OD'd from IV'ing a 200 milligram MS contin.or I believe thats what it was.

when it comes to IV use,morphine blows Oxy out of the water.Im sure someone will jump in and back me up on this...I know it isnt the most reliable source,but here's what wikipedia has to say about Oxy and morphine..

"Oxycodone is approximately 1.5–2 times as potent as morphine when administered orally. However, 10–15 mg of oxycodone produces an analgesic effect similar to 10 mg of morphine when administered intramuscularly.Therefore, as a parenteral dose, morphine is approximately up to 50% more potent than oxycodone." and IM morphine doesnt even have 100% b/a,so IV would be even stronger yet.

I know Im not getting a placebo effect...I wish I was,then it wouldn't take 2-3 OC 80's in the vein for me to feel something,with little to no rush...when 100 milligrams of morphine has me sedated as fuck with a monster rush.

Last edited:
What in the fuck are you talking about? Morphine is NOT 1.5x stronger than Oxycodone you have it the wrong way. Read the fucking FAQ's. It's the other way around. Unless Morphine is IV'ed, it SUCKS completely. 8)

Oxycodone is the most popular opioid in North America, and why do you think that is? Because it is 1.5x stronger than Morphine, and it has an ORAL bioavailability of 86%.

Morphine's ORAL bioavailability is about 33%. So Unless Morphine is IV'd - which makes the bioavailability 100% ONLY if its IV'd. Just like anything you IV, the bioavailability is going to be 100%.

suninthenight: DO NOT listen to OntarioGuy as he has absolutely no experience, and has not done his research yet. You can even tell from his spelling.

you got things all wrong dude...I have experience dont worry..but w/e you kiddies can keep your little overrated Oxy's while the rest of us spend less money to shoot real dope.Also,not cool sending me a flaming message in my inbox...I would think thats against the rules here...and people will listen to the advice if they plan to IV the morphine...even people with a large OC habit should get quite high from 50-100 milligrams of IV morphine,its strong shit man...like snorting or eating dilaudid isn't the greatest,but IV it and you're in a whole different ball park..morphine is the same way...the b/a that you gain from IV certainly presents itself in the form of a huge rush and high.If you ever IV morphine you'll no what I mean.

Last edited:
I must say OntarioGuy is correct on this one. It also depends on if he has MsContin or MsIR. The IR's are definitely more potent orally even with crushing a MsContin into as fine a powder as possible. I used to be scripted 240mg per day of MsIR as a breakthru med and I could eat or snort 400mg-600mg a day and not even nod where if I booted it, 100mg-200mg had me feeling right.