• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Morphine vs. Oxycodone (tolerance?)

Typical Troll that gets high, and then comes on bluelight thinking he's kingshit. Well I've been clean 57 days, and you are too much of a pussy to quit opioids because you can't hack the withdrawals. You are a fucking pussy little kid. 8)

Dude you need to calm down.. also you were the one complaining in another thread about how withdrawals were so painful for you and that is why you had to get on methadone/sub because you couldn't handle the withdrawals...

you shouldn't knock other ppl for their problems when you have similar problems dude... try to have some compassion. 8)

Thats your source? .gov ? hahahaha you are fucking hilarious. So in other words, you go by what the US government says. The U.S. government is the worst in the entire world. Why do you think everybody hates Americans? And your dollar value is dropping like crazy, the Euro & The Pound are WAY ahead of you.

Haha you post a U.S. government source. I'm having the biggest laugh ever right now. That source also says nothing about Morphine being stronger than Oxycodone, or Morphine being euphoric.

The OP posted a question NOT about IV use you retard. So don't encourage it on here. This is a harm reduction site and the mods don't seem to be watching very well.

The majority of the research for drugs and drug use/abuse comes from US government funded research.

Also, do you know what pubmed is? Pubmed is a database of free medical literature that is simply hosted by the US govt.. this doesn't mean that the US govt 'controls' the literature and medical research posted on the site. Come on man don't be absurd.

Also, morphine is much more subjectively euphoric, even orally, than oxycodone for most people. Everyone's experience is different.

BTW, the bioavailability has nothing to do with the % that crosses the BBB. The bioavailability when it comes to morphine and oxycodone has to do with the amount of the drug that is metabolised in the liver by first-phase metabolism. The drug gets metabolised (bioavailbility) before it even reaches the BBB. So, when dealing with opioid receptors outside of the central nervous system, they still are affected before the opioid reaches the BBB by the bioavailability % as stated.

Supeudol said:
Why don't you think about getting clean before posting anything further. Because your mind is fucked right now. 8)

Dude... you're not fully clean yourself. You're on suboxone which means you're not clean... if anything I'd say OntarioGuy sounds a lot more logical and sensical... while you are the one who is sounding like you have the fucked up mind. CHILL OUT dude.

Last edited:
I only read the first page but i just wanna say that eating 100mg of morphine felt alot stronger than 40mg of oxy. I take 80-100mg of oxy to get off. 100mg of morphine got me off. It felt more like 60-70mg. Morphine does have slightly more nausea also. More dreamy feeling too. Longer lasting... its happy shit. Anyone who tell you its useless has thier head up thier ass.

Oral Morphine is just fine by me, If I eat 40 mgs of MScontin and a gravol I get a mad nod, Yeah, lower oral BA, alot lower, it's still Morphine, if I lose most of it from the poor BA, I still get morphine into my brain.
Don't get the hate, that's my way of looking at it.

actually morphines oral BA is closer to 25%...but IV it does blow oxy out of the water...such a shame that they waste it on pills

^^^Exactly..The Bottom Line:IV morphine is in fact stronger then Oxycodone dosed in any of the common ROA's.Ask someone Like Phatass or Captain Heroin which is stronger,they'll set you straight.Morphine is 3 times stronger when given IV compared to oral.Supeudol,you gotta think of the b/a gain.You dont have to be mad because Oxy was your DOC and you didnt know IV morphine was so powerful.You're just wrong on Oxycodone being stronger,it is if you compare oral doses,but thats because of the bioavailability issues.Morphine is stronger on a weight for weight basis.no need to apologize,I accept.

One more time just so it sinks in,Morphine is stronger then Oxycodone if the Morphine is given via IV,even if the Oxy is IV'd,Morphine still comes out on top.
So for the person who refuses to IV that means Oxycodone is the way to go orally, correct?

So didn't feel like reading through all these posts to see if anyone even though of this:

With opioid conversions, 30 mg of oral morphine is equivalent to 20 mg of oxycodone, therefore making oxycodone 1.5 times more potent than morphine.

So if you're taking 60 mg of oxycontin a day, you'd have to take 90 mg morphine a day to get the same effect.

Also, just for anyone who's curious, hydrocodone is equal in opioid analgesia to morphine.

Now, IV morphine is a different story. 60 mg Oxycontin is equal to just 30 mg IV morphine. That's because IV morphine has a bioavailability of 100% because it doesn't undergo first-pass metabolism in the liver like Oxycontin does.

Your arguements are futile, ridiculous and delusional because at the end of the day, drug for drug by weight morphine is about 2x as potent as oxycodone is, 3x as potent as hydrocodone, and more than 10x as potent as codeine.

Mophine oral 30 mg = 20 mg Oxycontin (so Oxy is 1.5x more potent than ORAL morphine)

Morphine IV 30 mg = 60 mg Oxycontin oral (IV morphine is 2x as potent as oral Oxy)

Morphine 30 mg oral = hydrocodone 30 mg oral (yes, they are EQUAL)

morphine 30 mg oral = 200 mg codeine

Google an opioid conversion chart - equianalgesic potencies are listed

Morphine IV guide

yes it is,morphine is morphine,regardless of how its packaged.and Morphine is actually 1.5-2 times as strong as oxycodone..morphine just has a low b/a in basically all areas but IV.so say you eat 100 milligrams of morphine,with a b/a of ~20-30%...that means about 20-30 milligrams of the original 100 milligram dose makes it to the brain.Which should be 30-40 milligrams of Oxycodone....but IV that same 100 miligrams,we're now looking at 150+ milligrams of Oxycodone...Morphine is not complete shit....you need to do some research if you think that...

I have heard and read many things on the internet about which is stronger and they all just depend on your way of administering the drug. Narrow this down to the way you plan on taking them.
(Side Note) Do anyone happen to know a good guide on how to cook up and filter morphine for IV. I keep coming across one person saying just do this, and others saying that to IV morphine is super dangerous. I know pills are bad to shoot, but damn I didn't realize the BA was so low compared to oxycodone. any info would help, I plan on using a cirarette filter to filter the morphine pill btw.

Last edited:
Ive been on oxycodone 30mgs 6x's a day for almost a year. And recently do to the shortage of oxycodone 30's where i live. My doctor switched me to 8mg dilaudid 6x's a day instead. And to be honest it does not seem to help the pain nearly as much! I no dilaudid is much stronger, but ive been on it for 2 months now. And it still isnt working nearly as well. And as a youth i experimented with drugs in all forms, but until this switch i HAVE NOT shoot up anything till this switch!! I was in such pain I had no chose but to shoot some dilaudid to kill the pain! When i was on my oxycodone I took it as perscribed, except for once in a blue moon snorting one. And now when im in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN I have to shot some dilaudid to get the pain to stop. when in the past if i was in that much pain i would possibly have to snort 2 oxycodone, and take a couple perks. Its scaring me to death that because of the DEA cracking down on south florida with the oxycodone 30's(or roxicodone) that I may become addicted to the shooting!!!! Even though its only when im in horrible pain that i do shoot( FOR NOW ) it really worries me! Is anyone out there going threw this? Or has anyone felt the roxicodone helped more than the dilaudid? And if so will I eventually just get used to the dilaudid and not have to abuse it to get relief? Any suggestions, word of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

LOL, morphine is complete shit. If you are taking 60mg of oxycodone/daily. Those 30mg mscontin WILL NOT even touch you. Morphine is complete shit, unless you IV it. Otherwise, there is no point to morphine. Oxycodone is already 1.5x stronger than Morphine. There is no comparison, Oxycodone is WAY stronger. Yeah those 30mg mscontin pills might make you sick if you are allergic to codeine and get sick from codeine. If I was you, I would sell those 30mg mscontin pills and get some Oxycodone. ;)

just thought id add what i tried too iving morphine... pretty much it aint all that great i just took off the coating threw it in the toaster oven then threw the lighter flame at it crushed it threw the lighter flame at it again cooked it shot it and it seamed to work i got a descent dope habit so it didnt make me well but helped out a little....

The doses are not the SAME at all. You are throwing up from the oxycodone because Oxycodone has an ORAL bioavailability of 86%. Morphine has an ORAL bioavailability of ONLY 33%.

Oxycodone is WAY stronger. The only way morphine is going to hit you hard is if you IV it. Other than that, Oxycodone is a hell of a lot stronger than morphine and thats why Oxy makes you sick, because your tolerance is EXTREMELY low, 30mg of MSContin is peanuts. Also MSContin is the worst form of morphine to come in.

M-Eslon, or Kadians are stronger because you get some more bioavailability from it, probably close to 50%.

Sorry man, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Oxycodone is only rougly 1.5X stronger than morphine on and oral/oral basis--so yes, the dosing schedule would be close. Which means, the BA has been already taken into account. Also, the bioavailability has to do with the molecule, not which brand it comes in.
MS Contins are my favorite brand of morphine alongside M-Eslons. Grab a syringe and someone who is medically trained for parenteral administration and see if you still think morphine sulfate is peanuts.

Oxycodone is peanuts; it has nothing for a rush and less painkilling power compared to morphine derived semi-synthetics. Do your homework, bro.

I have heard and read many things on the internet about which is stronger and they all just depend on your way of administering the drug. Narrow this down to the way you plan on taking them.
(Side Note) Do anyone happen to know a good guide on how to cook up and filter morphine for IV. I keep coming across one person saying just do this, and others saying that to IV morphine is super dangerous. I know pills are bad to shoot, but damn I didn't realize the BA was so low compared to oxycodone. any info would help, I plan on using a cirarette filter to filter the morphine pill btw.

Hey bro, PM me with the type of morphine tablet you're dealing with and I'll see what I can pull up for information, I'd like to be able to help you out a bit.

When morphine is IVed, it's about 1,5 times stronger than oxycodone. I experienced this on myself and I've also read it on the internet.

The infamous potency of oxycodone, it's meant to be 1,5-3, is caused by the high bioavailability of over 60-70%, whereas morphine has an oral BA of around 20%.

When IVed, they are about equally strong. Morphine is a little bit stronger. If that wasn't, the calculation for the oral BA wouldn't work. When morphine has 20% and oxy 60-70%, you assume that they are in fact equally strong when IVed, as 20x3=60-70 :-D

Morpine vs Oxycodone

If Oxycodone is 1.5-2x stronger than Morphine, why does Morphine make me feel really sick and Oxycodone no ?

When i took Morphine i thought i was going to die, im pretty opoid tolerant but I have absolutely no problems with Oxycodone.

LOL, morphine is complete shit. If you are taking 60mg of oxycodone/daily. Those 30mg mscontin WILL NOT even touch you. Morphine is complete shit, unless you IV it. Otherwise, there is no point to morphine. Oxycodone is already 1.5x stronger than Morphine. There is no comparison, Oxycodone is WAY stronger. Yeah those 30mg mscontin pills might make you sick if you are allergic to codeine and get sick from codeine. If I was you, I would sell those 30mg mscontin pills and get some Oxycodone. ;)

Oxycodone is WAY stronger than NOTHING. Oxycodone is orally more active than morphine but it is definitely not more potent. Morphine is 2x more potent by weight mg for mg through the intravenous route (IV). Overall, morphine is the more potent drug. It's low potency has nothing to do with the drug itself, it's the metabolism (via the oral route) which really hurts morphine, other morphiine kicks oxycodone ass anyday, allday.

Stronger sedation, more powerful rush, more powerful euphoria, everything.

BTW, did you know that heroin is really morphine??

Last edited:
I heard oxycodone is stronger than morphine

Well you heard wrong. Orally yes, it takes less oxycodone to achieve the amount of pain relief that morphine can achieve at say 30 mg.
But morphine is more potent (2x more potent, infact).

When the drugs are delivered through a route that can deliver 100% of the drug to the brain (aka IV), morphine wins hands down.

The difference in oral has NOTHING to do with potency of the drugs, it has everything to do with metabolism. Oxycodone's oral BA is roughly 87%, while morphine's is much more variable (some sources say 10% and yet others say 30% ). We'll just say morphine's oral BA is 25%.

Now Patient A is seen in the ER complaining of severe lower back pain. The doctor prescribes A 10 mg oxycodone hydrochloride (no APAP, aspirin or anything - just plain old oxycodone). Patient A will get about 87% of that 10 mg (so 8.7 mg) crossing his BBB and achieving him great pain relieve.

Patient B is presented to the ER with the same problem (lower back pain). The doctor prescribes B only 10 mg morphine sulfate to be taken through the oral route). Patient B will be getting about 25% of that 10 mg (so 2.5 mg) crossing his BBB and achieving him very little pain relief.

Do you see the difference now? It's not a potency issue (morphine is without a doubt the more potent drug overall), but it's a metabolism issue in this case. Oxycodone is more orally active than morphine, but it is not more potent. Morphine is the more potent drug.

When the two drugs are delivered through IV (where both cross the BBB at a 100% rate), it takes 2 times as much oxycodone to achieve the same amount of pain relief as morphine 10 mg.

Oxycodone IV 20 mg = Morphine IV 10 mg (the reason why oxycodone is not a feasible IV drug - at that dosage there would be too many side effects).

Last edited:
^ good explanation........... couldn't have said it better myself.............

well i know for a fact if i have 5mg of liquid morphine through iv it takes about 4/5 of them to be the equivelant to probably a 30mg oxycontin through iv so work that out