• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: The OxyContin Express (Vanguard)

JahRed24x

Bluelighter
This is a new episode from the TV show Vanguard on the channel 'Current (TV)'. Its about the epidemic of OxyContin focusing mainly on the problem in south Florida - which is one of the only states that still has no prescription drug monitoring system in place, therefore exacerbating the prescription pill abuse of oxycodone and other popular prescriptions.

"The OxyContin Express"

^ You can watch it now before it airs on October 14th, 2009 on Current TV!!

I tried to catch this on UK tv today but not sure it was the tight program, the one i saw was about gay meth orgies!

My friend told me that the Current channel is owned by Al Gore.. Is this true?

EDIT.

Nevermind i just read that he does in fact own it.

i just watched this.

i am literally disgusted. i am not sure how i went from a somewhat normal (yet sober) bluelight member to an anti-drug tyrant, but...i did.

the fact that my bf just went into detox due to a secret high doasge roxi habit might be why.

anyways, good family fun for all.

please don't smoke pills ppl...

just saw this last night.

wtf is up with the retard smoking oxy's?

I live in Florida, and stay on both coasts (Tampa & Cocoa Beach) and I would have to say it's pretty wild down here. Everywhere you go in FL it's hard to not find any Roxies, they are plentiful, cheap and everywhere. Doctors will give you whatever you want if you tell them that you either are already on it (which really works for anything up to Schedule II narcotics) or if you get a MRI and go to a pain clinic and pay cash. It's crazy to see a doctors office full of strung out junkies scratching and itching for their next fix, and doctors even let you fill your script right there in the office.

....oh and smoking them is a waste but I think there are just so many down here that kids are trying anything and everything with them, not to say that it isnt retarded though.

Yeah, it is really bad down here (Broward) and it's not getting any better.

War on Drugs.... what a joke

with all the attention focused on that issue do you think it will still be going on in the next few years? I take the "out of state patient" issue as an example. I've heard that it's almost impossible to go there if you're an out of state patient now. I'm just wondering if there won't be major changes that severely limit this very soon

just saw this last night.

wtf is up with the retard smoking oxy's?

I don't smoke my oxy...mainly sniff it / super rarely IV

But damn everyone on bluelight hates on smokin so much. The high is more short lived...BUT IT DOES WORK, it's very addicting.

My best friend primarily smokes his OC's..he went from a fe 80s a day to 7 or 8 smoking them. There is no doubt about it that he gets high...and the drug is obviously in him becuase his withdrawals come on a little quicker (also gets through them slightly quicker) then sniffers.

I feel like everyone on here is just lke, DUMBASS YOUR WASTING YOUR SHIT.

According to my friend...sniffing just dont cut it for him anymore after smoking.

I saw this documentary on tv and thought it was absolutely fascinating. I couldn't believe how bad it is in south florida. I lived in central florida in 2008 and it didn't seem as bad in the orlando area as it is down south.

I did however find a very good connect for 80's and was able to get them at a fraction of the cost than what I had been paying in my home state. But this connect didn't get them illegitimately. They had a metal rod running down both sides of their spine. They were in legit severe pain but managed to only take the percocets they were prescribed.

Oh yeah and smoking OC seems pretty retarded to me. I tried it once and thought it was the biggest waste of OC.

That was an excellent piece of propaganda. Im just glad it was on Al Gores tv station so no one will watch it.

Jesus, do these filmmakers expect to speed up the shut-down of these pain clinics?! My only reaction to this film was "How fucking fast can I find a flight down to S-Florida."

Most opiate lovers don't even know about this 'epidemic' in Florida, and the more that find out = the more money the clinic owners get. I'm not complaining, b/c I'm one of them ope-heads.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that I saw this film only recently and not sure how the situation has changed. Does anyone know if those clinics are still accepting out-of-state people?

haha if this is as true as they make it out of be I know where I'm taking my vacation

I need to step into one of those clinics, ASAP.

And smoking oxy, while wasteful works pretty well. I was very skeptical till I tried it out and got a nice fucking rush.

dude had his hot ass wife and brother die and he is still slammin oxy. thats insane

I'd slam oxy constantly if my family died. I think that right after having your loved ones die would be a really bad time to detox.

Also smoking pills is retarded, and snorting isn't as good as plugging, plus snorting pills sucks. South Florida sounds fun. Your friend does get high off his oxy, he also wastes a shitload of it and is destroying his lungs. Why would you ever choose smoking over plugging or even snorting or eating or shooting?

The only reason people prefer smoking OCs is because of the instant high. The high is much more short lived, but the peak is ridiculous, almost like IV. Some people chase the rush (smokers), and some chase a nice long high (pluggers). I happen to value a lengthy high more than a rush