Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: The OxyContin Express (Vanguard)

And smoking oxy, while wasteful works pretty well. I was very skeptical till I tried it out and got a nice fucking rush.

this. you just gotta know how to light it up right. My friend did it for me and it was fucking amazing.

I wouldn't smoke pills again though.

good documentary.

i thought it sucked..there was nothing about the people in chronic pain who use these type of docs too because its the only place to get enough medicine to make a difference and possibly lead a normal life..
Without this medicine my wife would be in a fucking wheelchair .
All these motherfuckers doctor shopping and shit are gonna fuck everything up for people that see 1 doctor and really depend on their monthly visit to get by.

The amounts of pills rx'd to any one person was insane. Makes me wish I lived in Florida ;)

i thought it sucked..there was nothing about the people in chronic pain who use these type of docs too because its the only place to get enough medicine to make a difference and possibly lead a normal life..
Without this medicine my wife would be in a fucking wheelchair .
All these motherfuckers doctor shopping and shit are gonna fuck everything up for people that see 1 doctor and really depend on their monthly visit to get by.

Nothing is going to change in Florida for quite some time. The powers that be understand that their state is riddled with hard-core opiate addicts due to these clinics, and unfortunately, most of them will stay addicts for the rest of their lives. As a result of this situation, they can shut down these "doctors" and watch heroin literally flood Florida, or they can go with the status quo. Money is being made, and the right people/politicians are certainly being paid off. If you're a Florida resident/junkie, don't fret, you will still get your OTC dope!

The doc was entertaining, but it wasn't very deep...just pointed out the situation...

i remember seeing clips of this on oprah a few months back. i particularly remember tod well, i was extremely saddened by his condition. no matter who you are addiction and its consequences are sad, but i always have a deeper sympathy for those who discover a loved one that's overdosed. i don't know, at all, how a soul recovers from that. and the mother who lost one son, a daughter in law, and is now watching her other son disappear. all things considered she seemed pretty together.

i found the pictures of him and his wife also very bothersome, the one of them before the addictions and the one during their use. Unmistakeable, that look in the eyes of someone who has lost their zest for life. they were a good looking couple, and so young.

i expected to feel a little uneasy watching, that i would crave something. surprisingly, watching that made me feel better about being clean finally than anything else ever has....that darkness, so happy to be rid of it.

just watched this on youtube. Florida especially South Florida that stretch between Jupiter and Miami has always had the extremes of society (no offense Floridians) so it wasn't much of a surprise. But goddamn. Shit looked fuckin lawless down there.

I have spinal stenosis, degenerative discs and a herniated disc here in New York and the most I've gotten scripted was Perc 10s. Not to mention that the triplicate paper was watermarked, and the doctor's DEA number was linked to a barcode that the Pharmacy scans. Say I was getting my monthly script filled at a pharmacy in my neighborhood, and I decided one day to get a script filled somewhere else when I was running errands, my insurance would send a note to my doctor as a "heads up" saying I was going to multiple pharmacies. Obviously there is nothing wrong with using more than one pharmacy but thats how strict shit is here. Also if my script was out early or I was going to be out of town and tried to fill the next month early, by 2 DAYS, the pharmacist would have to do some serious legwork with my insurance over the phone. New York (and I'm guessing California too, mostly because they are on-par with New York in laws, taxes and standard of living) has to be the most strict state in regards to prescription drugs. There are Croakers that you can go to, it is possible to doctor shop, but New York has strict laws at the core of it all; pharmacies. Even if you're paying cash so theres no way for your insurance to track/deny your fills, Pharmacists have access to so much information such as what other pharmacies you've been to and what you've gotten filled. My Pharmacist told me 4 years ago about this system so I imagine that now it's probably even tighter. In NY as un-ethical as it may be sometimes the Pharmacist has the right to deny filling your script. That has happened to me multiple times.

What sickened me were the comments on YouTube people made, blaming everyone BUT the user. Sure, its a fuck of a lot easier to get "Treated" down there, but at the end of the day the only one to blame is the asshole who drives 1,000 miles to get some Roxy 30s. Also that dude who was smoking pills (without scraping off coating or anything wtf???)... he had two HUGE wake-up calls in the form of tragedy that he could have taken advantage of and gotten clean. I was addicted to Oxycodone for years then went on Suboxone and its no one's fault but my goddamn self. I'm sure there are a shitload of people in Florida , especially all the geriatrics down there, that NEED these drugs legitimately. Especially people without insurance who have legit pain beefs. Not to shit on one's grief but that Mom was blaming EVERYONE but her sons and herself. How about keeping a fuckin eye on your kids? She didn't even have any idea that her sole surviving son was smoking Oxys, dude was shaking after 15 minutes of not using and sweating his ass off. He looked like shit. These people turn the blame to where its easy, the faceless Pharm companies, the doctors... and that is going to cause problems for people who REALLY need the medication. Our society is so quick to take the easy route of blame instead of focusing on the causes of why her son needed to cop thousands of pills each month to stay normal and not get sick. Its a fuck of a lot easier to sign your name onto some class action lawsuit against Perdue or the ADA or whatever the fuck, instead of facing down the problem head on. The war-on-drugs, if anyone was serious about winning it, would be fought at home on a personal level...

I'm not familiar with Suboxone laws in Florida but damn if I were a Sub doctor I'd pack up and move down there... that's probably gonna be the next cottage industry after these pain clinics go belly-up. Either that or Heroin..

Last edited:
what's up with the fat sweaty guy smoking his pills?
seriously!?
they could have chosen a better candidate for this.
but i guess that was the point...

anyway, this video only summarizes how it really is down here.
it's literally crazy.
i know people who doctor shop and will leave a single clinic with roughly 250-300 30mg 'blues,' 150-180 15mg 'greens,' along with a shit ton of xanax and somas and whatever else they want. then they will go to 5-8 other doctors and get the same. sometimes a little more or a little less. they basically just ask you what you want and write you a script for it.

i've had several people offer to "sponsor" me. it means they want to get me set up at a doctors office with a mri. then i can get my own scripts. they want to pay for everything and i will give them in return a portion of the pills i would get. people BEG to do this for others. it's sick.

but, that's the way it goes i guess.
and i promise you, it isn't going to stop anytime soon.

what also really pisses me off is the non-'dirty' docs acting like they are just so disgusted. as if they have never once in their years of practice prescribed someone oxycodone (or the like) which in turn resulted in someone's addiction. in fact, i bet a portion of the people at these dirty clinics are patients once seen by one of these other docs, probably even the ones shown in the film, who got addicted to something that their original doc prescribed for their condition, and then stopped giving it to them.

as medical doctors, they are all WELL AWARE of the addictive properties of these drugs and are just as guilty. you'd be stupid to think that after a patient becomes addicted just taking away the meds is going to fix it. OBVIOUSLY they are going to seek out a new office where it is available. but, at the end of the day, it all leads back to the fact that it was one of the docs with his nose in the fucking air who prescribed it in the first place. i mean sure, the ones handing them out like candy for cash are monsters, but i can guarantee that a lot of the addictions started out at a respectable doctors office. not all of them, but definitely some.

enough rambling, because i can't properly word this to get my point across!

vanguard is an awesome show.

The entire concept of this episode makes me laugh at drug legality. And makes my inner monologue ramble on much longer than I'd care to do here. Its all a strange strange joke.

I love the mentality of this country (if not this world), that because a minority of people (compaired to the whole) that abuse prescription drugs, it makes it nearly impossible for the majority to get any sort of real pain killers/pain management done. This is absurd and unconscionable. It doesn't make any sense what so ever to strip away the well being a the majority just so it makes it harder for the minority to fuck themselves up, even though they're going to no matter what... fucking retarded humans. ...How is this even somewhat sensible? Apparently most people needs to have grown ups control their lives forever..like the government, while at the same time systematically stripping away our rights. ..and of course at the same time, these self-rightious people KNOW people like me are morally inferior because I think people need to be responsible for their own actions, and if anything their family and friends need to act as the parent if they want to blame someone. The mother at the beginning with the dead son and the one in this, she needs to realize that she didn't do enough and should of been more strict. But of course it's a lot easier to blame the doctors and the drugs and lack of law, instead of accepting that A, she could of done more/didn't do nearly enough, and B, face the fact that both her sons are huge fucking junkies that don't care.

Wow, that guy at the beginning needs to learn how to vaporize correctly and stop using a plastic melted fucking straw...

*Lastly I just want to say...People WANT to use drugs. If this is such an epidemic, shouldn't we be erasing people's desire to want to do drugs? Wait, you can't...no matter what you restrict and make illegal, people are going to want to escape/change somehow..even if it means resorting to slamming their heads into a fence... Making shit illegal is just retarded...this whole Florida oxy situation though is obviously a problem because of the huge lapse in regulation.

EDIT - I like how no one ever takes responsibilty for their own choices and actions...espcially family members/friends of the person that OD'd and died from a drug, they never are willing to accept that that person simply had no will power..it's always other factors and forces...it was the doctor's fault of course! Fucking bullshit..that lady's son in the beginning was a dealer and a junkie.

Last edited:
I love the mentality of this country (if not this world), that because a minority of people (compaired to the whole) that abuse prescription drugs, it makes it nearly impossible for the majority to get any sort of real pain killers/pain management done. This is absurd and unconscionable. It doesn't make any sense what so ever to strip away the well being a the majority just so it makes it harder for the minority to fuck themselves up, even though they're going to no matter what... fucking retarded humans. ...How is this even somewhat sensible? Apparently most people needs to have grown ups control their lives forever..like the government, while at the same time systematically stripping away our rights. ..and of course at the same time, these self-rightious people KNOW people like me are morally inferior because I think people need to be responsible for their own actions, and if anything their family and friends need to act as the parent if they want to blame someone. The mother at the beginning with the dead son and the one in this, she needs to realize that she didn't do enough and should of been more strict. But of course it's a lot easier to blame the doctors and the drugs and lack of law, instead of accepting that A, she could of done more/didn't do nearly enough, and B, face the fact that both her sons are huge fucking junkies that don't care.

Wow, that guy at the beginning needs to learn how to vaporize correctly and stop using a plastic melted fucking straw...

*Lastly I just want to say...People WANT to use drugs. If this is such an epidemic, shouldn't we be erasing people's desire to want to do drugs? Wait, you can't...no matter what you restrict and make illegal, people are going to want to escape/change somehow..even if it means resorting to slamming their heads into a fence... Making shit illegal is just retarded...this whole Florida oxy situation though is obviously a problem because of the huge lapse in regulation.

EDIT - I like how no one ever takes responsibilty for their own choices and actions...espcially family members/friends of the person that OD'd and died from a drug, they never are willing to accept that that person simply had no will power..it's always other factors and forces...it was the doctor's fault of course! Fucking bullshit..that lady's son in the beginning was a dealer and a junkie.

About the guy that said.. "this is legal drug pushing...they are dealers!"...yes, they are.. And for once/during this obviously and unfortunately temporary time frame, addicts are getting pure drugs and know exactly how much their doing..there aren't any cuts, the standards are held up by the FDA, and the places (for the most part and only because of the illegality fucking up supply and demand thus grossly inflating the value of the commodity) they get their drugs at are safe places to be vs. buying heroin on the streets..there's even security guards at some, including cameras. I mean, come on, how is this NOT better for society than everyone buying their shit on the streets. There's that guy on this whom said (aside from the other quote above), "they're addicts...WHO needs 150 of those pills a month!?!? (lol). Who has that much pain?" First off, wtf does he know about pain? Secondly, everyone has SUCH varying degrees of pain, that to even ask this in the first place makes me question if that person is mentally challenged. Third, what about mental/psychological pain and suffering? What if opiods was the best way for some people to manage it and function? (There's also a thing called tolerance tard..of course the pills aren't being used for a sore booboo) Lastly, again people WANT to do this shit and will whether it's legal or not. So please, let's just make it harder for EVERYONE to get any of this stuff. I like how that guy said when he cracked his rib, when he was in the ER/ICU, the doctor said, "I wouldn't give you that stuff if your arm was amputated!"..Doctors shouldn't ever have to pretend to rationalize like this..sacrificing and stripping away patient treament, comfort and pain management mostly (if not soley) because of some redicuous laws of fucking moral (versus logic and science) that were put on the plate.

EDIT - (small town Kentucky Sheriff), "He fronts you the money you drive to Florida, get the pills and drive right back. He'll give you half the pills for doing it..." .."The addict is happy, the dealer's happy, the heck everyone is happy...everyone accept for one little small town sheriff." ...um, shouldn't this be an obvious clue that he's living a completely counter productive and pointless life? How does he sleep at night crusading around enforcing laws that NO ONE in his town wants him to? What a fucking douche.

"What are those." "These are da track marks. I'm not that proud about it or anytheen. It's hard not to do it when it's in front of your face all the time. Everywhere you go in Kentucky someone is doin' sum peelz" *cries and sniffles*
--oh god I feel so bad for you, once again blamming everything else but yourself for your own problems that you created. If it's really the availability and popularity of the pills fault, how come she isn't a raging alcoholic or an avid cigarette smoker?...wait she definately smokes cigs, and shit, she lives in Kentucky, how does she NOT drink..of course she does... wait a second, she's from Kentucky! Lol..idiot.

Last edited:
"What are those." "These are da track marks. I'm not that proud about it or anytheen. It's hard not to do it when it's in front of your face all the time. Everywhere you go in Kentucky someone is doin' sum peelz" *cries and sniffles*
--oh god I feel so bad for you, once again blamming everything else but yourself for your own problems that you created. If it's really the availability and popularity of the pills fault, how come she isn't a raging alcoholic or an avid cigarette smoker?...wait she definately smokes cigs, and shit, she lives in Kentucky, how does she NOT drink..of course she does... wait a second, she's from Kentucky! Lol..idiot.

the world needs more small minded people like you 8)

this was a very interesting piece, though i felt it focused too much on the law enjorcement side of things.

I watched this a while back after seeing this thread. Regardless of one's stance on drug legalization and so forth, Florida's "pain management" industry is majorly fucked up. I was in Sarasota County, very close to the area documented about a month ago and yeah, it's incredibly easy to get the drugs if one wants them. The industry thrives on lax reporting laws and the thin guise of helping the large elderly population there. If you have the cash, you get the scripts. IME around the South, the doctors are all too willing to prescribe opiates etc., I've even talked to people that tell me their PCP outright offered them such things when they hadn't even asked or showed any relevant symptoms.

South Florida is a weird, kind of sterile place in many parts. A mega-sized Walgreens / Target / Wal-Mart on every corner, tiny businesses piled up on the side of the highway, lots of old people. Drive enough and everything starts to look the same wherever you go. The elderly people are often over-prescribed meds, and there are definitely plenty of croakers outside of the clinics, "legitimate" doctors squeezing as much money as they can out of the dying, every other building is a doc's office in many strips.

Up North dope is obviously a huge problem too, but manifests itself quite differently (illegally). One can blame Florida's draconian drug laws for some of the issues this video talks about, but there are so many other factors at play.

I would have to say the problem does seem much worse down there, def. in terms of painkiller abuse.

P.S. hellocatastrophe, I think your post (#31) is spot on, a lot of the people frequenting these places got addicted by their PCP or a "legit" doctor in the first place oftentimes being really loose with prescriptions as I mentioned above...