• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ Adding Tryptamines into Mushroom Substrate

Several standard 8 oz PF Tek cakes were prepared with the addition of 85mg of DiPT HCl per cake. A sample of the resulting mushrooms was sent to a facility that does GC/MS testing on drugs. After weeks of waiting, the results came back.....

Inconclusive. No tryptamines were detected in the mushrooms. However, the mushrooms are undoubtedly psychedelic.

I ate 1.2 grams of the mushrooms and felt the effects come on very quickly. I have experience with mushrooms, but not 4-xxx-DiPT. After 30 minutes I felt that I had fully come up. The effects were a little stronger than, but qualitatively different from 1.2 grams of typical mushrooms. I waited ten minutes then ate another 0.4 grams, and the effects became slightly stronger, leveling of within another half hour. I was surprised by how clearheaded the trip was. The headspace was dreamy like mushrooms, but very lighthearted, purely euphoric and mellow, not at all introspective. I would describe the visuals as "girly," fluffy and sparkly, a lot purples and pinks, not the earthy colors I typically see on mushrooms. The body load seemed more noticeable than usual for mushrooms, but it wasn't too bad. I believe that this experiment was successful and the mushrooms grown do contain 4-HO-DiPT.

Does anyone happen to have info on the yields Gartz acheived? I once saw a thread on the Shroomery where someone posted a translation of one of his papers and it talked about the yield of 4-HO-DPT from DPT. I can't find it now. IIRC it was something like 80 or 85% yield extracted from the mushrooms.

The molar equivalent of 85mg DiPT HCl is ~79mg 4-HO-DiPT. The cake which spawned the mushrooms I ate yielded 6.7 dry grams over 2 flushes. With an 80% yield, that means they would contain 9.4 mg of 4-HO-DiPT per gram on average. It seems plausible that the mushrooms could have consumed the majority of the DiPT for the first flush, leaving the second flush less potent or containing psilocin and psilocybin. Fortunately for the sake of experimentation all the flushes from the cakes were kept separate. The ones I ate were only from the first flush of that one cake. Will the second flush be different? What about the mushrooms from the other cakes, which had significantly smaller yields, will they be more potent? I'll post updates after further testing.

Wow, that's really interesting! Weird that the testing facility came back without detecting any tryptamines..,. but clearly they were wrong. I mean you'd think if it didn't work they would have detected psilocin/psilocybin.

I wish it was conclusive, but I think you have good reason to believe it did work. :)

I found that information about Gartz's yield. 500mg of DPT HCl added to a substrate resulted in 420mg of 4-HO-DPT extracted from the mushrooms. That means only about 10% of the DPT was wasted.

Just keep in mind that you should prepare to harvest both fruits and substrate alike and extract them to yield it back again. But yeah that is cool especially if you somehow have no way of getting these products in pure form but do have ways to get the precursors.

And also realize that this pays off if you do it on such a scale that you can afford to harvest and pool everything together to get a reliable extract. Otherwise you can trade the uncertainty of psilocin (and its deratives) containing fungi at unknown potency for partially ipracetin containing fungi alike.

So: as amazing as something like this is theoretically if you apply different ligands you still have to overcome the issues of e.g. homogeneization plus a few extra.

I ate some of those mushrooms again. This time it felt different, more like a normal shroom trip. Of course that makes it sound as though the project didn't actually work, but I'm not so sure. The mushrooms I ate this time came from a different cake than the ones I ate before. They cakes were prepared the same way at the same time, but the resulting mushrooms had a different appearance. The ones I ate today were very blue, an indicator that a mushroom contains psilocybin, while the other ones were light yellow without any blue. What could have caused that to happen is a mystery to me. The mushrooms were all grown at the same time in the same conditions.

Jochen Gartz published methods he tested & found effective for getting mushrooms to produce novel tryptamines. Can't recall the link right off, but anyone with google should be able to find it easily

Did anyone try any of these methods?

I finally got ahold of lab synthesized 4-HO-DiPT sold as an RC. After taking a capsule of it today I am now even more confident that the first batch of DiPT shrooms I ate did contain 4-HO-DiPT.

Last edited: