• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ Adding Tryptamines into Mushroom Substrate

I don't know if adding the grass itself would be the best of ideas... but an extract might be ok.

I think there is a lot of 5-meo-dmt in them, though.

I wouldn't think they'd be enough of anything in them to do any good.

I saw a post regarding that on shroomery.org. It has something to do w/ dmt being a precurser to psilocin, just as tryptamine is.

DMT is considered the precusor, but the DMT concentration in Phalaris is something rediculously tiny, like 0.1-0.03% w/w. You'd need to cover your shrooms with like 100g of phalaris to even get one dose in your plants...

I wonder if you could steam your phalaris and use it as a growth medium? Lol.

supposedly you could also add dpt to your substrate and then it would create 4-ho-dpt, theres alot of threads on adding stuff to mushrooms at the shroomery..

i would not add phalaris for two reasons. One it has gramine in it (if i am notmistaken) and how would one know this would not be incorporated in the mushroom. Two if you read the article about psilocybin precursors you will see that dmt is not such a good precursor because it is not assimilated as well by the fungus as triptamine is. So it is a step closer to the end product, but it is not more effective in increasing the end product; it would also be a waste.

mmmm...
i read somewheres that adding sugars (glucose? maltose? sucrose?) to the substrate dramatically increased the alkaloid content...

^ Adding sugars to anything aside from petri dishes or liquid culture is highly inadvisable. When you get to the spawn / bulk spawn stage sugar would just invite massive bacteria growth.

Sucrose is frowned on even for said dishes/inoculum. It is generally maltose and/or dextrose used for that purpose.

MEA (malt extract agar) and PDYA (potato dextrose yeast-extract agar) are good choices. There are others easily available, and some wierd shit like dogfood agar.

Yeah, I just got out-
The production of Psilocybin in Submerged Culture by Psilocybe cubensis
Catalfomo and Tyler
Lloydia 27(1), 52-63, 1964

The look at the nutrient dependence of a growth and psilocybin production.

It's interesting. In submerged culture, Psilocybin production peaks at around day 7 and increasing glucose concentration keep increasing psilocybin production up to their highest concentration of 1% (w/v).

They mention that size of flasks of the culture medium affected psilocybin production and mycelial growth. But they don't say in what way. Can one assume that the smaller flasks had greater growth of mycelium and psilocybin because it is mentioned that the effect might have been due to difference in eariation of the medium?

Possibly. I have no way of knowing that increased aireation increases alkaloids, as I can't test anything w/o it being noticed... but I can tell you that in blind tests the mushrooms grown w/ continuous air exchange knocked people around harder than those that got it 2x a day.

This is all anecdotal, and just my exp, of course.

Adding NMT and DMT to shroom substrate

Now, first of all i find it ODD that there is not ONE attempt on a forum such as the shroomery, where people have added DMT (or DIPT/etc) to see if some of that DMT gets turned into psilocin/cybin making more potent mushrooms. As much 'advanced techniques' there, well i find it odd seeing comments "why waste a drug like DMT?" - when DMT is soooo easily obtainable, much much easier than growing mushrooms!

When I have the time/room someday, i will definitely experiment. Now I know there are sources (some kind of bark i think is good) that contain decent amounts of NMT, along with DMT (and possibly others) that could be extracted. Possibly adding this to substrate would make some mushrooms with a lot more 4-PO-NMT/baeocystin (what about 4-HO-NMT?). This could create some kick ass shrooms possibly (i forget if baeocystin is dangerous at certain levels). Also if it worked would allow more experimentation to be done to see how this compound changes a mushrooms trip. I remember a recent IV DMT report where a certain percent of the extract supposedly contained NMT, some kind of bark.

Are there many mushroom growers on BL? God, if i would've known how easy it is and cheap for me to get my own DMT quickly and almost effortlessly (well, compared to growing shrooms!) back when I have grown them, well I would've been experimenting.

I mean people try different strains, do this or that, to try and make their mushrooms more potent. From all i've read, adding a certain amount of DMT will do this, how much can you add before a limit is reached/etc? well we don't know yet because there hasn't been experimentation..

If i could right now, i'd do like 10 small jars, and maybe add DMT to 5 of them, in various amounts (like 100mg, 200mg, etc) and see what the turn out is (if they all succeed that is).

Also maybe another couple jars to add some DIPT to, ipropsilocin shrooms or whatever :).

God damn, i just find it suprising this hasn't already been all figured out by now with so many people growing constantly.

I don't believe you'd get a very significant rise in potency if you did this, and even if you did I would much rather use the dmt itself . Although it could make for a unique/ more intense trip it probably wouldn't be very popular on the market since an increase in potency usually leads to bad trips since people don't know how to properly dose with these..

Do you know if DMT levels are neccesarily a limiting factor the psilocin pathway?

About adding DiPT.. does anyone know is these enzymes act would on the compound at the same rate/witha preference for it or DMT/at all? All I've read was something (on the nook or shroomery or somewhere) that said 4-HO-DiPT would be produced instead of 4-HO-DMT, but there was never any data or test runs that I could find. It might not pan out like that.

HAve you read the chapter DMT is everywhere in TIhkal? It has some interesting relevence to this very topic

They've fed Psilocybe species with DET and found 4-hydroxy and 4-phosphoryloxy DET after a short while. I'm not sure what the rate limiting step is with this pathway, but if it occurs before the DMT stage, them potentially, the sky's the limit.

As for different N,N-disubstituted tryptamines as substrates, I don't know if larger groups might have a negative effect on the appropriate enzymes because of their size (steric hinderance in the enzyme active site), but if they all work well, I think a really interesting one would be to use diallyltryptamine as the substrate. I know that somewhere Shulgin was musing on the possibilities of 4-hydroxy DALT being the quickest acting oral hallucinogen (think it's in the piece posted in a few places about 5-methoxy-N,N-diallyltryptamine and it's rapid oral onset)

Yeah, see, we...don't know do we?

So why forums and sooo many people all over, not only growing shrooms, but trying to make them more potent, easy, etc, well hot damn! it takes like 10 hours to go from 100g bark to like a gram of dmt, (actually if you just want to add DMT to the substrate you might not have to go thorugh all the steps) real simple, people into experimenting i'd think have done this by now.. like i was reading this huge thing on the "coffee thread" like it really speeds up mushroom growth/etc, people try different things, i'd think people would've been trying this for a while...i dunno

If or if not, no one will know til people start reporting on it/trying it..i'll try it someday when i can.

yeah, and i'm a lil baked %) .