View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how to determine length of an LSD trip

pinkstarz

Bluelighter
I have recently been using LSD more and it always is a great experience. What are good ways to make acid trips not last 10+ hours. Would taking lower doses and maybe using benzos or anything things towards the end help out?

Benzos can help with the "cracked out" feeling some get on the way down from LSD but short of knocking yourself out with anti-psychotics and the like (bad idea unless you're truly experiencing psychosis, in my view) then the duration is all just part of the ride. You buy the ticket...

If duration is really an issue, you might want to steer clear of LSD. That being said, I'd recommend smoking some bud toward the end and enjoying the experience while it lasts. It's a magical journey, and cutting it short may rob you of some valuable insights you might have gained. Anti-psychotics come with all sorts of nasty side effects that are bad enough on their own, much less in the midst of an acid trip.

as shambles was saying...

or to just quote hunter s. thompson exactly...

buy the ticket, take the ride....

its like asking them to stop the roller coaster half way through because you want to get off.... its not going to happen, its over when its over....

lol, 10 hours is not a long trip.... Eat some DOx and trip for 18-36 hours and then ask "how can i not be tripping for a long time?"

Lower doses will reduce the length. You may be able to get it down to 8 hours but your individual metabolism will have a lot to do with it too. Some benzos at the end can help you settle down but will not really shorten it. It's best to avoid benzos and things like that unless necessary because the tail end of the trip is part of the trip and should be experienced, IMO. LSD is a long-lasting psychedelic, though certain not the longest.

does acid give you a horrible comedown then? If this is the case I dont see why people would do it because surely all the magic that youve felt would seem artificial?

does acid give you a horrible comedown then? If this is the case I dont see why people would do it because surely all the magic that youve felt would seem artificial?

it's not so much of a comedown as a total scatter. Most of it is sleep deprivation, coupled with your head having been so crammed full of sensory overload that you're kind of at a loss with how to deal with everything you've just seen/felt/learnt. Once you get some rest, you're fine.

Yup. More scattered then a comedown in the way the term is generally used. As the good Doctor said, once you've slept you're fine and can bask in the glorious afterglow <3

it's not so much of a comedown as a total scatter. Most of it is sleep deprivation, coupled with your head having been so crammed full of sensory overload that you're kind of at a loss with how to deal with everything you've just seen/felt/learnt. Once you get some rest, you're fine.

and if rest does not help, attempt to write about it....

after my first acid trip i was pretty much destroyed.... i hardly spoke for days.... it helped to try and get things down on paper to attempt to sort out everything that had happened....

but generally a good nights rest and your back to "normal" if there is such a thing....

i know a lot of people who can knock themselves out on acid pretty easily with some weed after they start regaining their senses. i cant personally, so i have no idea how that goes after you wake up. or how well you sleep.

Hmm, MDMA is notorious for that- ie. bad comedown after magic feeling; yet people do it.

I find the come-down or come-off of acid to be pleasant and affirming; generally, there is mild relief to have finally emerged, plus there is an overwhelming feeling of contentedness. Sometimes I have found the lingering mind-fuck unpleasant, but after a short nap, it all seems fine and dandy and bright hued and polished by elven blood.

I too, wholefully enjoy the comedown of Lsd. A few bowls of cannabis and I'm happy =D
After a good night's sleep it will all make sense. :)

Figuring out how much LSD you're actually dosing is the hard part. Unless you have loads from the same place and if you don't know them very well, the same batch. Or you're the one making it. Also if the first amount in your reduced dose doesn't make you trip like you wanted to, there's no guarantee that taking more will get you to where you want to be. I've tried it before with some mixed effects, and all the doses were from the same 3 ml of liquid I had. I've had a couple of little experiments but I will say I have absolutely no idea how it works in terms of multiple dosages after tripping. I tried it out of curiosity and learned not much, it varied from a no effect to me tripping harder than i wanted to initially.

So my answer to your question is, I don't have a clue.

Did that help? :D

Some of the LSD analogs allegedly circulating have effects that last for about 6-8 hours I believe. That would be perrrfect IMO :)

I believe we sampled a small dose of one of the "alleged" analogues of LSD currently circulating which was said to have a shorter duration ( 6 - 8 hours) & to cause a "sleepy type effect". Our dose lasted about 12 hours & we reckon it's indistinguishable from LSD or more likely is LSD..That's not to say there aren't others available which are analogues with a noticeably different effect profile.

I've had acid where I'd be tripping incredibly hard for 4-5 hours, then towards the 7-8 hour mark be some where around baseline.. Then again I've had acid that I've been fully tweaked for 10+ hours.

i usually say 10-12 hours after dosing before you can sleep, this is for a medium strong dose of LSD.