• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

NyQuil! The good, the bad, and the ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Hey I am looking at a nice bottle of Vicks "NyQuil". Some part of me is telling me to down the whole bottle, while the other part wants me to google it a little more.
Does anyone have any information about nyquil?
...it's 10% Alcohol.. that's like 2 beers.

Nyquil contains acetaminophen, I believe. Check the active ingredients. If it does, do not try to get high off it.

MAN i really hope you are kidding about downing nyquil for an alcohol buzz. The other thins in the nyquil will fuck up your body way before u get any kind of drunk going.

its nyquil iam failing to see any good that come about for this stuff. and adding booze on top makes for what seems to me an even worse experiment. yea so enjoy

MAN i really hope you are kidding about downing nyquil for an alcohol buzz. The other thins in the nyquil will fuck up your body way before u get any kind of drunk going.

+1, the dxm+alcohol in it might make for a good time, but the doxylamine succinate and APAP in it will fuck with you way before the alcohol or dxm get recreational

Don't use NyQuil to get high.

You will more than likely damage your liver by consuming a whole bottle of it.

OD -> BDD

nyquil cough has only dxm and doxylamine in it.
Which is probably useful, but I don't see why anybody would try to get high off nyquil.

Yeah the APAP would give you liver failure if you drank the entire bottle. Don't do it.

Theres really nothing recreational in it except DXM in some formulations, but as always you can buy it by itself so theres really no point.

Bpayne says this is dumb., Nyquil has too many other things in it to try to get a buzz off of, bpayne says don't do it!

What the fuck?

I've drank a whole bottle of NyQuil in one go. It wasn't smart, but eh, whatever. Either way, one bottle is not going to cause liver damage or liver failure. I'm fine to this day and I did this years ago, so it's not like it will sneak up on me.

What happened, you ask? I wanted to throw up, can't look at NyQuil without gagging anymore, and I slept for like 14 hours. When I woke up I was extremely tired and lethargic, but still couldn't sleep. There was zero recreational use for this.

your not gonna get FUCKED UP, but i've drank like half a bottle when i was bored in the dorms and it just makes you feel groggy as fuckk and drunk-like-without-the-fun? i guess is the best way to put it, it's just like taking a bunch of benadryl with out the restless effects of the Anticholinergic (i believe that is the right category) Diphenhydramine. basically it's stupid and you'll get a better drunk-like buzz by giving yourself a concussion (seriously, when i fell of a cliff and smacked my head i thought i was drunk as fuck haha, not fun though)

This isn't looking at the chemicals in nyquil, as they aren't impressive:
Acetaminophen (500 mg/15mL) (pain reliever/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan (15 mg/15mL) (cough suppressant)
Doxylamine succinate (6.25 mg/15mL) (antihistamine/hypnotic)
but rather just from my experience....

The sedating chemical in Nyquil (the Doxylamine) is the active ingredient in Unisom sleeping medication, so i mean you could just as easily go out and get that if you realllly wanna get after it. But definitely don't drink nyquil for the alcohol content! thats retarded

Last edited:
What the fuck?

I've drank a whole bottle of NyQuil in one go. It wasn't smart, but eh, whatever. Either way, one bottle is not going to cause liver damage or liver failure. I'm fine to this day and I did this years ago, so it's not like it will sneak up on me.

What happened, you ask? I wanted to throw up, can't look at NyQuil without gagging anymore, and I slept for like 14 hours. When I woke up I was extremely tired and lethargic, but still couldn't sleep. There was zero recreational use for this.

Might want to reserve your comments for times when you actually KNOW what you're talking about. A bottle of Nyquil has over 9000mg of acetaminophen in it which is more than enough to give you liver damage and quite enough to cause liver failure. Your liver probably isnt in good shape, and you were lucky not to experience liver failure.

ive drink bottles of nyquil all the time.if you mix it with dayquil you dont get that tiered its never been a bad experience for me.i dont really know much though and after seeing these comments im pretty sure im not going to do that anymore

wish i had more patiance i downed a half bottle of nyquil while reading the thread lol...gusse its dumb idea. too a xanax mite grab a few apap w/ codine see what happens

NyQuil is one of the best fucking drugs ever, so euphoric and relaxing.

i think its the combonation of doxylamine and acetaminophen, probably the best most euphoric combo since the speedball was invented!

NyQuil is one of the best fucking drugs ever, so euphoric and relaxing.

i think its the combonation of doxylamine and acetaminophen, probably the best most euphoric combo since the speedball was invented!

HAHAHAHAHA! :D

Seriously why would anyone wan't to risk possible liver/kidney damage for NOTHING?!

^I think he's joking.

Either way, drinking bottles of NyQuil is a really bad idea. Mixing whole bottles of NyQuil and DayQuil is a really bad idea, APAP overdose being only one of the issues you'd run into.

This thread doesn't really serve any HR value so I'm going to close it. Don't use NyQuil recreationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.