• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you smoke buprenorphine?

Vivian

Bluelighter
I cant seem to find an answer for this anywhere, can anyone help me out?

Do you know what the bioavailability is like? I am not talking about any pills I am talking about buprenorphine on its own.

For the sake of argument though are most pills not just lactose which is the same cut (minus many possible cuts) you would be smoking in your bag of heroin?

edit: I am talking about the HCL salt, but would be intrested to know if the freebase or other salt forms can be smoked too.

Last edited:
You can smoke anything that burns, you shouldn't smoke pills.

This.

Having said that, in my less educated years I did smoke Subutex pills and must admit I quite enjoyed it. The smoke was vile but it was surprisingly effective, if a lot shorter-acting than sublingual. The BA is probably pretty low (don't know the specifics and I doubt they're well known cos bupe ain't made for smoking) but I have to admit it provided a nice rush and nod. Sublingual is far more effective and won't fuck your lungs though and would be my recommendation.

I can't imagine that it would e the least bit recreational unless you have no tolerence and it does work.

Well if your taking suboxone it's probably because your trying to quit opiates, right?

So if your trying to get clean why would you smoke your maintence drug? Why would you smoke a sublingual pill at all, or any pill for that matter? it wont get you high man just forget about it, It will royally fuck your lungs up, then you might get addicted to another ROA, then again your probably already addicted to smoking oxy or some shit or else why would you be trying to smoke suboxone? and if your trying to get a "High BA" then there is many other ways to do that, smoking will probably give a very low BA... just be smart man

Oh yea and here is the list of inactive ingredients so you know what your inhaling:
Inactive Ingredients : lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No. 6 color, magnesium stearate, and for flavoring, Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon-lime flavor

Last edited:
I clearly stated that I was not talking about pills, not that it wasnt extremly obvious just by the thread title (why do people even buy those pills when you can save so much money and horrible taste and nalaxone with just powdered form, must be desperate).

I am not an opiate user, but a friend had asked as he likes to smoke opiates. He wouldnt have a tolerance though.

If it produces euphoria + nod + fun for the user (not some smackhead who only loves smack) then isnt that fun?

/grumpus

edit: I am talking about the HCL salt, but would be intrested to know if the freebase or other salt forms can be smoked too.

Interesting... I had no idea that it could be bought in pure form rather than as the usual pills. From my extremely small bank of chemistry "knowledge" most drugs can only really be smoked in freebase form - salt usually means not good for smoking at all. One exception I can think of is methamphetamine which is smoked as a HCl salt, I believe. As I said my "knowledge" of this stuff is the type that needs inverted commas so I'd advise more research to find out for sure.

I really don't know how this affects opiates but would be interested myself. I'll never see pure bupe in my life I suspect but it's always interesting to find out about alternatives. Would be great if you could post the results your friend gets if he chooses this route.

I would think it's still unwise to smoke bupe even in a pure form but it would be better than smoking subbies I'm sure. And I don't know about others but I never bought Subutex cos it was prescribed and they don't give you the option of freebase or which salt form you'd prefer ;)

I clearly stated that I was not talking about pills, not that it wasnt extremly obvious just by the thread title (why do people even buy those pills when you can save so much money and horrible taste and nalaxone with just powdered form, must be desperate).

I am not an opiate user, but a friend had asked as he likes to smoke opiates. He wouldnt have a tolerance though.

If it produces euphoria + nod + fun for the user (not some smackhead who only loves smack) then isnt that fun?

/grumpus

People get Suboxone/Subutex because thats what is prescribed, you can't go to the doctor and say "let me get buprenorphine HCL salt," it doesn't work like that. I don't know how your getting pure bupe unless its from a chemist or something, or your in a different country, but they don't prescribe pure bupe in the states

It still wouldn't be smart to smoke it even though it is technically possible, for someone who is an experienced opiate user, bupe has little recreational value. Unless the user has a very low tolerance Bupe might not get him the "nod" or "euphoria" he's looking for.

I think in the EU it is more commonly abused, probably just because it is one of the most widely available pharmacutical "pain powders", and due to its nature would be less risky to get caught with.

I've gone a couple weeks without opiates/subs whatever but I just smoked a little bupe as an experiment and I have to say that it most definitely works and it is most definitely very nice! :D

From my extremely small bank of chemistry "knowledge" most drugs can only really be smoked in freebase form - salt usually means not good for smoking at all. One exception I can think of is methamphetamine which is smoked as a HCl salt, I believe. As I said my "knowledge" of this stuff is the type that needs inverted commas so I'd advise more research to find out for sure.

This is usually only the case with compounds that contain a nitrogen atom(ie amines etc) as the counterion which forms the salt is often bonded to the N.

Shambles said:
And I don't know about others but I never bought Subutex cos it was prescribed and they don't give you the option of freebase or which salt form you'd prefer
Lol well of course not. Amines are too volatile to be stored as bases.

Last edited:
Well that clears that up then, D9 :D

Did say my "knowledge" on the chemistry kinda stuff required inverted commas ;)

Now when you guys say smoke, do you mean , like the method you use when smoking heroin? Like on top of tinfoil? Or are you talking about throwing it in a pipe and just putting flame to it?

Now when you guys say smoke, do you mean , like the method you use when smoking heroin? Like on top of tinfoil? Or are you talking about throwing it in a pipe and just putting flame to it?

Smoking = combustion.

"Smoking" heroin on foil is actually a crude way of vaporizing the heroin.

Vapor is generally much less dense and contains less particles than actual smoke.

In order to determine whether or not a substance can be smoked/vaporized effectively, you'd need to examine the melting point/boiling point/burning point of the compound as both a salt and base(if said substance can even form a salt to begin with)

Hope that clears things up a bit.

I meant "smoked" as in chased/vaped from tinfoil in my posts. Think that's generally what people mean when they talk about smoking pills and that although I may be mistaken cos people do some strange stuff - including smoking pills out of pipes, probably. Not a good thing to do for any number of reasons. This thread is asking about "smoking" pure bupe rather than pills but presume smoking is being used to mean vapourising/chasing.

When I had a low opiate tolerance and an abundant supply of 8mg Suboxone pills courtesy of my sister, I used to smoke them often.

I would just chase them on a foil boat with a straw and I would get very high and it hits pretty quickly. Awww, I loved those nights when I would be on the computer nodding BALLS on suboxone, which everyone would talk shit about.

If you have a low tolerance and can't stand the taste (which is why I started smoking instead of snorting) then smoking is a good option. Although, as previously stated, it is not very healthy for your lungs. When I would do it often (4 times a week) I would find myself coughing more often and occasionally cough up a strange loogie.

Smoking Subz iz less than wise but smoking the 8mg ones is really asking for trouble. Nobody should be smoking pills but if you really must then go for ones with less filler/binder at least. But really - just don't smoke pills. Bupe works incredibly well sublingually and there really isn't a need for using it any other way, in my opinion. Certainly not smoking subbies anyway.