• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you smoke buprenorphine?

Well just though I'd share that I've been ghetto vaping bupe for the past day. It most definitely works and it will get you high as a kite but that is for casual users only. If you are trying to maintain on subs then you are crazy if you smoke this; take it liked prescribed. I've been clean for a little while so I can mess around a bit.

Smoking pills is an inherently risky and dumb thing to do but I do it in the name of science and in the name of getting a pretty wicked buzz.

This thread is about "pure" bupe - not Suboxone/Subutex pills, but I was referring to Subutex in my initial post. Smoking pills of any description ain't clever and is also very wasteful quite aside from the horrible physical problems.

Also, welcome to BL :)

BTW it IS possible in America to get pure buprenorphine HCl, mixed in with some saline and probably a pH balancer. It's called Buprenex, it's the injectable form. I suppose you could dry it out and smoke/vape it -- but then again if you had injectable form, you could just inject it in the first place.

And for a person without a tolerance, it DOES provide some intense and exceptionally long lasting opiate euphoria. Even just one vial of .3mg of Buprenex IM for the non-tolerant will give 12 hours of pleasure + nods.

Smoking Subz iz less than wise but smoking the 8mg ones is really asking for trouble. Nobody should be smoking pills but if you really must then go for ones with less filler/binder at least. But really - just don't smoke pills. Bupe works incredibly well sublingually and there really isn't a need for using it any other way, in my opinion. Certainly not smoking subbies anyway.

Actually I think the 8mg pills have a higher percentage of buprenorphine, I have no 2mg pills to "make sure" with and do any averaging at all though sorry. But I have that feeling though.

Hmm... dunno how they are elsewhere in the world but 8mg Subutex pills are big buggers and the 2mg ones are relatively tiny - a lot less than a 1/4 the size of the 8mg ones. If memory serves anyway.

Either way, those 8mg pills are comparatively massive and as the smoke is so vicious I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience. Not that it is anyway but the 2mg ones are a lot less horrid. Admittedly it's a bit like asking if you'd rather have your left bollock chopped off or your right one impaled on a rusty nail - not an appealing prospect either way but one is probably marginally less unpleasant than the other. Just.

I'm still smoking this stuff its brilliant, my coke head friends are calling it "new crack". I can see why this is becoming a problem drug in some countries not that there are many risks associated with it.

A friend of mine bought some too, I am not going to mention his name as he is pretty infamous for it and is a moderator over at drugs-forum too so his word can be trusted:
secret guy said:
So i recently got 200~mgs of bupe from a friend of mind and it was quite interesting,my only experience with theis substance before was in the disgusting form of soboxone and i was quite surprized even after pushing the dose to some high levels that the nausea was very low, around he end of my supply i was injecting around 40-50mg threw out the day without vomiting and only mild nausea,my finance however was not so lucky and ended up puking ata roud 10-15mg a day. We also discovered that for some reason bupe turns her on like crazy! we went from having sex once to twice a week to having crazy all night sex for 5 hours at a time. the bupe made it hard to get off at higher doses but it was well worth the work and effort in the end. Im totally going to be ordering more of this as soon as i get some extra cash! This is great for long term relaxation after dosing id be cross eyed for a full day but this also made it hard to focus on internet activity's and other such things that required the use of my eyes.

Downsides:

1.)nasuea
2.) poor water solubility,heating was necessary to get all the compound to dissolve
3.)the long lasting nature.

Oh yea the volumes he took are insane especially for 0 tolerance so don't think that you can enjoy or even survive those amounts yourself.

If I was going to recommend a dosage it would be under 1mg, even with a tolerance that is the dose I enjoy the effects of most and get the most euphoria from.

SWIM extracted 20mg Bupre with Aceton and mixed it with tabbaco, then used the tabbaco like "Weed" - for make a Joint.

Guess it was 3mg. It is smokable.

I found the powder (pure, not crushed pills) was horrible to smoke - it tasted awful!
Also after smoking it 3-4 evenings in a row it really started to mess up my throat, fairly certain smoking the stuff is doing some serious damage.

That said, it does do the job. But what with the cost as well as the health issues I'd advise people to stay away.

right^^

It just works once or twice really well, later it tastes like plastic dunno :D

People get Suboxone/Subutex because thats what is prescribed, you can't go to the doctor and say "let me get buprenorphine HCL salt," it doesn't work like that. I don't know how your getting pure bupe unless its from a chemist or something, or your in a different country, but they don't prescribe pure bupe in the states

It still wouldn't be smart to smoke it even though it is technically possible, for someone who is an experienced opiate user, bupe has little recreational value. Unless the user has a very low tolerance Bupe might not get him the "nod" or "euphoria" he's looking for.

you can get 7 day bupe patches for pain perdue makes them check out their web site

Oh yea the volumes he took are insane especially for 0 tolerance so don't think that you can enjoy or even survive those amounts yourself.

If I was going to recommend a dosage it would be under 1mg, even with a tolerance that is the dose I enjoy the effects of most and get the most euphoria from.

Buprenorphine is relatively hard to overdose on, unless you take another substance as well, such as alcohol or benzos.

I don't think what he did was that dangerous, as he mentioned, he didn't even have nausea, but it was certainly a waste. I've been taking Subutex for 7 years now, and something that most bupe users know is that it has a "ceiling" to the high. There is a point at which you will get as high as you can, and taking more will not compound the effect. For example, I've taken 4mg with a low tolerance and gotten super high, and taken 24mg with the same tolerance with the same effects. I learned this early on and it helped me make my supply last longer. I could snort/inject/plug half or a whole pill, then take two more pills (8mg) an hour or two later, with no noticeable effects.

I definitely wouldn't smoke the pills, because after injecting Subutex one or more times a day for the last 4 years, I definitely notice heart problems and extreme high blood pressure now. Now I just inject into my butthole, and although there is no rush (there wasn't a rush with IV, either), it is way better than sub lingual... you'll get very high for a much longer time than injecting or smoking.

To the OP, where are you getting this pure product? Online? The Suboxone strips are the closest I've ever seen to pure bupe around here. I don't know why you think people that take the pill form are "desperate", would you say someone taking Oxycontin are desperate for not having pure oxycodone? Pills aren't in any way desperate. I also don't get why you said "I don't know why someone would take the pill instead of pure form"... Of course you know why- because they go to a doctor or get them from someone who goes to a doctor.

The pure bupe isn't even an option for most people, and even if it was, there is no need for it if they're taking it for getting off other opiates. Or hell, even for recreational use. That's like saying "I don't know why someone would use a car instead of an helicopter". Most people don't have access for helicopters, and even if they did, cars do just fine for most instances.

When I was 1st put on subutex several years ago, I wanted to get more of a "high" from it, I was sniffing my bupe at the time and one day I decided to try putting a 2mg chunk of a bupe pill on a piece of foil and I smoked it. It was just a giant waste of medicine IMHO, I maybe got a very tiny buzz but it was nothing worth trying again, that's for damn sure!