• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What Does Respiratory Depression Feel Like

Remember that borderline doses which might normally be safe for you can become more dangerous if your normal respiratory function is additionally compromised by something else such as an upper respiratory tract infection - lowered respiration rate combined with lowered oxygen saturation levels doesn't make for happy endings.

Hey buddy...
I experience the same problem that you do..
It's called anxiety..
You have an anxiety about your breathing.
The more you focus on it, the harder it is to breath..
Especially when you're trying to lay down..
Speak to a doctor about your anxiety problem and he'll probably prescribe you and SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and it will help with the problem..
Best of luck.

Respiratory Depression... from overdose...which I assume is what we're skirting around here...hurts.
Your heart starts pounding like hell.

I once tried to OD on 'stuff' that would put me to sleep...'like a baby' I thought.

Fucking horrible.
You feel awful. Your heart starts to try to overcompensate..I guess.

Trust me, it's not peaceful.

I recently started using again after some months intrevieniously. I experienced RD for the first time and it was terrible. Waking gasping for air is no joke. I read all of these forums and since I had not been mixing anything decided to have a drink and take a caffeine shot. I had been keeping myself up for 6 hours! Walking around and trying everything not to nod out (6 hours tho! Wtf) so I had finally had enough and was just tired as fuck. The caffeine and rum did the trick. Plus I had a detox tea before finally being able to lie down comfortably and stop having the anxiety that was occurring and making it worse I am sure.

Learned my lesson- no IVing alone! And down the dose