• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What are some good veins to hit besides your arms?

Feet work well if you are concerned about people see your marks. Hands are many peoples favorite, but if you are out of veins on your arms there are veins all up and down the legs and thighs.

You don't want to use your hands or feet.

Choose a vein closer to the heart - you dont want to go past your knees or your elbows. The closer to an extremity, the longer the healing/recovery time. If you miss at all, it's harder for your body to help get everything out of the subcutaneous area.

Why not stick to your arms and rotate sites properly?

If you are asking how to tie off, you don't actually have to use a tourniquet. It's not necessary, but it can help with veins that roll a lot.

it seems that if i dont use the one in the crook of my elbow i often miss due to vveins rolling. thats why i want to tie them off. the crook of my elbow seems to be getting quite "dried" up at this point

wheres that vein map ive seen around OD...?

rnquf1dhtvsfa8tqno3z.jpg

twbwcp6cr6gq3zqatqel.jpg

I use what looks like the Basilic vein (maybe?) that runs the outside/top of the bicep. Easy to expose with a few push ups or a tourniquet. I can't tell if it's on that map but I bend my arm and hit that hose on the bottom of my forearm too.
I've also had luck with one running just inside of the tibia on my lower leg (pretty much where the calf meets the bone). I can't find the name now but it's most distinct in the foot where I trace it up from the top/side over the ankle right up the front inside of the lower leg. This one hides well too as any marks are lost in the hair.
Sorry these descriptions are shite. Happy hunting.

My favourite "emergency vein" is the one that runs along the inside of the knee. It's huge, very easy to hit and can take a bashing. Not that you wanna be beating any vein into submission but I save that one for when I'm really stuck for a vein and it serves me well.

I'll second the hands and (especially the feet - fuckin' ow :D) being not such a good idea cos you can do a lot of damage their. Miss a vein in your foot and you won't be walking for a few days :\

Having said that, I've used every one of them - even fingers and toes :| - so I know they work. I wouldn't advise them but there's a fat vein on the inside of your ankle that can be a lifesaver if you really need it. Mine are long dead now along with most of the rest of my veins. They were always bad (I've had to put the needle in myself for bloodtests before now cos doctors/nurses could never hit them) but they really are on their last legs now. Look after your veins cos you really will miss them when they're gone :|

My favorite is the one on the top on my arm, but it only pops out when you tie off well...

It's great because the hair covers it up (if you're a guy) .

-lenses

I am with you Shambles I have not seen a vein in years. even after all these years without shooting Still they do not come back. :\

I have one in my hand that still works It is the only one that works and it is used only for blood tests and IV's when I get my MRI's done.

There is also one that sits right on top of your foot and one that runs the side of the foot both work well.

A really important thing I learned back than was Always Always use a new set.
never use them more then once even.
You would be surprised not only how much easier it is to get a direct hit but it also helps keep the veins in good shape and makes them last a bit longer.

Just do your self a favor and make sure to save at least one for medical issues You will be Happy you did when you start losing all veins.

I am sorry some of you all can't see your veins...I can still see all of mine and am kinda scared about that, is it from merely using a few times a day for a while? Or do you have to shoot something like coke 20x a day or more? I'm not sure what kind of frequency/conditions are required for a person to lose sight of their veins as such.

And, as for the maps, there is a vein on the side of my arm that is not on the map - I think I see the 2 that are listed there and I hit those as well, but the 3rd one is on the side, it's somewhat prominent now that I haven't used it for a while.

Anyone have better more in depth charts?

My favorite is the one on the top on my arm, but it only pops out when you tie off well...

It's great because the hair covers it up (if you're a guy) .

-lenses

Mine tends to pop out naturally but I don't use it. I've considered using it, but I don't think I want to.

Just do your self a favor and make sure to save at least one for medical issues You will be Happy you did when you start losing all veins.

Excellent advice that may well save your life one day - and the "new rigs everytime" bit too. Even in dire straits there are some veins which are no go areas no matter what for me. My "Do not use even when really desperate" veins would be ones like on the neck, in the groin and so forth. There are some veins you'll probably never be able to use that may cover it (there's one behind the ear which is used in emergency rooms, for example) but you don't wanna risk it so best to save one or two for when you truly need it :)

CH: Can't speak for others but my veins started off buried and hard to see and only got worse. Some people get lucky and are born with good, large, useful veins but some of us got dealt a shitty hand when they were giving 'em out. There was never a time when I could hit a vein without a tourniquette :(

The massive abuse they received from shooting endless speedballs back to back for hours, days, weeks, months and years on end probably didn't help either, mind ;)

PS: That vein behind the ear is also very handy if you overheat on stims too - press an icecube against it for a while and your body temperature drops rapidly. Great if you get a bad case of the sweats on when shooting coke, speed and so on :)

PPS: That's a personal recommendation on the earvein thing not a medical one, of course. I was recommended to use that technique by a doctor more than once though and it's worked great for me :)

Last edited:
There was never a time when I could hit a vein without a tourniquette :(
Oh my, really? I've never needed to use a tourniquet. I guess I just got dealt a good hand or something. Plus, I do tons of muscular and cardio work outs, that probably helps.

^ Yeah, exercise can help but mine where never salvageable. I actually have a brother with a circulatory disorder so bizarre he's medically unique - the surgeon got to name it after himself and my lil brother is now an obscure footnote in medical history. It's possible that if it were a genetic disorder I may have inherited a less severe form and skipped the major heart surgery and brain damage so maybe I got lucky after all :\

Some people just have shit veins though. Most guys sneak a peak at passing tits and arses - I gaze longingly at people's veins :|

Some people just have shit veins though. Most guys sneak a peak at passing tits and arses - I gaze longingly at people's veins :|
LOL

They definitely stand out to me on people more now too.

Well, it's good to know also that proper injection site rotation and using new needles every time go a long way.

^^ I stare at people's veins too!!!LOL!

I was dealt a shitty hand when it comes to veins!Mine are very tiny and do not pop out of my skin at all so I have to do the "press and feel" technique and sometimes even that doesn't work. Most of the veins in my arms are collapsed as well as my hands...cuz once the ones in my arms were done, I shot up TONS in my hands. I literally have no veins left in my hands. :(

I envy my best friend cuz he has veins that just JUT OUT! Those big, dumb, nice and round buldging veins that you can literally feel the little "pop!" when you stick a needle in it! When you register and pull back the blood just flows EFFORTLESSLY into the rig. It pisses me off cuz I have to sit there and literally dig for a vein forever!LOL!

^ Mrs Shambles has those very veins. She doesn't even use them. Well she does of course, just not for sticking needles in. Except on very special occasions. Best way :)

CH: Rotation, good hygiene, technique and fresh needles everytime really do make a huge difference. My veins probably wouldn't have lasted more than a year or two of injection without making the effort cos I really had to look after them. With care they've lasted 15 years and counting. I use them mostly for their original purpose now and try to save IV use for those aforementioned special occasions. Admittedly I still have special occasions more than Mrs Shambles does ;)

To try to rerail my lil derail a bit, I also use the veins on the "back" of the forearm - the ones that are hard to get at. They're also not to be recommended as it involves shooting against the flow of blood which is not good. If you inject very slowly it does less damage but they're a long way from ideal. They're my current last resort if my one "normal" arm vain won't play ball. There's a reason people use the main, well known veins - it's cos they're the best and least damaging to use for the most part.

Last edited:
I was watching an episode of intervention on A&E, and this chick that was on there was shooting up into her neck. I believe she was using the jugular vein. I would assume this to being quite dangerous however because it's one of your major veins that pump blood between your brain and your heart. I would highly not recommend it.:(

I use mostly my feet now, but I guess that's not a good idea.
Neck is just not option, that's like suicide. :[
My arms are just ugh, I'll have to go dig forever to find anything. But that's probably because I've never had good veins ever. A nurse would have to be searching for twenty minutes, ten she'd fridking, stick me in the arm and miss. And then she'd do it all over again. Some people are lucky to have good veins. I wish I did. If you have good veins take frickin' good care of 'em because it's probably one of the most important things once you start IVing...as everryone else has said.

Cap'n Jau.

^ my veins are shit every time I have to go give blood the person always has to stick me like 3-5 times before they can hit one. It's probably a good thing don't IV my dope. :\