• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What are some good veins to hit besides your arms?

For every major vein, there is a major corresponding artery.

When you get closer to the extremities (hands, feet, etc) - you get closer to arteries, nerves, tendons, bone matter, etc just to hit a vein.

I suggest you try to find other veins (using a tourniquet if necessary) closer to the elbow.

Best of luck.

There have been many threads on subjects like this recently, so I'm going to merge this into one of them (which includes vein maps) if you don't mind.

Help - no veins left

My BF died in Nov '09 and he always gave me my hit (and he was brilliant). Because I can't do it myself - I have terrible nerves, and start shaking even when I am cooking up, so I have different people doing it from one day to the next. But now my veins are completely fucked (and I am avoiding the groin like the plague) so please don't suggest that.

I know I must have loads of veins left, because I stupidly stuck to the same veins for 9 years in my LOWER arms, but my hands have now given up the ghost and apart from very rare occasions my feet seem to blow as soon as the pin goes in.

Any suggestions on what size pins I am better off using, and some new veins. I would like to keep some for emergencies, i.e. going to the doctor, but when desperate even that thought goes out of my mind.

Also, has anyone tried injecting the liquid up their arse, and have they found that it works. Thats all it seems to do to me is make me want to go to the loo, and I can't feel anything (but perhaps I am just doing it wrong).

Also, are there any females on here with any tips. It is a fact that boys veins are easier to find, but if there is any advice on getting us girlies easier I would love to know.

As for the veins near your wrists, is there any way of doing them without causing enormous pain.

I know, you wouldn't believe I have been a junkie for ten years - I couldn't even run it on the foil until my BF died.

if you're going to use the hand, there is better pressure just above (closer to the shoulder) where the large verin on the side of the wrist meets the one that comes down from the thumb. I find that if I go much further up the arm it rolls.

I did 6-10 injections a day every day for 8 years using only the five visible veins the crooks of my arm. Only one of them ("Lazarus") was prominent (about 1 cm at its best, back in the day). One of them I tried to save for blood tests--it's still blue. The rest are scarred for life. Once the scarring got to the point where I couldn't hit them I'd find I could still hit the vein by going a bit closer to the wrist. I always used a fresh rig, though sometimes if I missed the first try I'd give it a quick try elsewhere.

I can still shoot in all but one (that disappeared after an ms contin miss), but they wouldn't have lasted a whole lot longer. In the last six months I had to give the rig a little spasmic jab to break through scar tissue. That's when I started trying the hand, which I had promised myself I'd never do.

So now I've stopped and am on 4mg subox. I was up to 800-1000mg of oxycontin per day or 140 mg of methadone if I couldn't get the oxy. Switching over is difficult.

first time injecting-- not so bad.

i iv'd for the first time ever just now. I read and read and read and looked at diagrams and read some more.

Problem #1- a lot of dope solution seems stuck in the cotton. smaller cotton next time, maybe?

Problem #2- Theres a couple bumps near the site, kinda just like bug bites. It didnt hurt, so I dont think i have too too much to worry about.

Problem #3-- it itches?

BUT-- the good news is im high. no real rush to speak of since i took 2 mg sub earlier but i feel great. i have anoother bag im about to do after i take my goggie for a walk. just wanna see if i cant get a reply or two meanwhile.

heres a pic of the inj. site.
well i tried to post one up but it says it has been deleted even tho i can see it on my phone app for photobucket. screw you, PB. but its just a small red dot and now the bumps went away.

any and all input is appreciated, im very new to this but i think i did it right. not bad for a veinvirgin. anyway ill check this in a bit. thanks for reading folks.

p.s. i hope this is in the right spot. feel free to move it or whatever u need to in order to make it most seen/relevant

^^to get the rest of the dope out of the cotton jus squeeze it between ur fingers and suck it up as for the bumps and itching at the injection site im pretty sure its just a minor allergic reaction it happend to me all the time

p.s did u hit ur vein on the first shot??

i just hit it for anyone that's interested. Relatively painless and i got it on my 2nd try. It's hard to see my veins so sometimes it takes 5-6 trys for me to hit 1.. I just started banging about a week ago too... ugh

first try. im a better druggie than you.

despair and darkness, here I come!! lol no actually im so sick of this im going at 5:30 to a klinik see what they can do but thats for another topic/forum.

btw, i was totally joking, i hope that was obvious, peace.

BE careful there are alot of arteries in that area. If you feel pain, or different ( believe it's light and foamy but don't quote me, wait for another to chime in to confirm ) blood shooting back into the rig without pulling the pluger back... do not inject there.

iwas wondering y is it so bad to hit an artery. iv done it many times and nothing bad has ever happened to me

I thought it was because the bleeding doesn't easily stop. also gangrene, a la Johnny Swan aka the Mother Superior.

but when i did it it stoped bleeding just fine and they seemed A LOT easier to actually hit

^^ I stare at people's veins too!!!LOL!

I was dealt a shitty hand when it comes to veins!Mine are very tiny and do not pop out of my skin at all so I have to do the "press and feel" technique and sometimes even that doesn't work. Most of the veins in my arms are collapsed as well as my hands...cuz once the ones in my arms were done, I shot up TONS in my hands. I literally have no veins left in my hands. :(

I envy my best friend cuz he has veins that just JUT OUT! Those big, dumb, nice and round buldging veins that you can literally feel the little "pop!" when you stick a needle in it! When you register and pull back the blood just flows EFFORTLESSLY into the rig. It pisses me off cuz I have to sit there and literally dig for a vein forever!LOL!

You just explained me lol. When I get the needle into my arm, I don't even need to pull back the plunger. The second I feel the 'pop', blood just constantly flows right into the needle. My problem is though, I am not sure what other veins to hit. I tried the ones right near my wrist when I first started, but they all got bubbles and are real hard, so I'm afraid to hit them.

Both my ankles have big hose pipe like veins in them. I rarely pin so when i do im like quick draw mcgraw. Personally id avoid using feet from my own past experiences.

You can use the veins in your neck but be.very careful. not to hit
an artery instead of a vein. You could.use.veins in your feet or groin area.

You can use the veins in your neck but be.very careful. not to hit
an artery instead of a vein. You could.use.veins in your feet or groin area.

Refresh the memory, which direction would you put the needle in ? Pointing down towards the feet or up towards the head? does it matter?

At first I only used my forearms but the easiest spot I ever used was on the inside of my elbow. right where your forearm connects to your bicep, if you hold your arm out straight the pin will slide in real easy.

It was weird though, the one on my left arm became hard to hit after a while but on the right side it is still far and away the easiest vein to hit.

Ive noticed nurses tend to use that spot to draw blood and thats what got me to using it.

The crook of your arm is the "archetypal" intravenous injection spot. It's where I got (and probably a lot of other people) got their first shot. When you see pictures, films, movies, documentaries about IV users, you always see them going for what is known as the main vein.